Postimage help

ther1pper

When i upload images, for some reason instead of going in numerical order like

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10,

it will go,

1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 2, 20, 21, 22.3, 4, 5, 6

Anyone know how to fix whatever stupid setup that is?

Filenames are Strings, not Numbers. And Strings are sorted different: character by character

10    // 10 is before 2 because the first char '1' is smaller than '2'

And yes, the only solution is padding with zeros

Filenames are Strings, not Numbers. And Strings are sorted different: character by character

Yep, system does read filenames as string when sorting them.

There is another turnaround though, by using letters (for example a1 a2 a3->9, then b1 etc.), which may be a bit more intuitively read to some. :)

Yep, system does read filenames as string when sorting them.

There is another turnaround though, by using letters (for example a1 a2 a3->9, then b1 etc.), which may be a bit more intuitively read to some. :)

Is there any way to make it so that they upload files one at a time, that's originally how they uploaded when i was using it, now they are doing it all at once.

Is there any way to make it so that they upload files one at a time, that's originally how they uploaded when i was using it, now they are doing it all at once.

Well of course, you just select manually your images one at a time, that's all. Or your files one at at time. I'm not sure I understand your question.

If you're thinking of reuploading the tales of Iron, keep in mind Postimage does not want to host adult images anymore though, even if they used to. :angel:

Well of course, you just select manually your images one at a time, that's all. Or your files one at at time. I'm not sure I understand your question.

If you're thinking of reuploading the tales of Iron, keep in mind Postimage does not want to host adult images anymore though, even if they used to. :angel:

Ah okay, might find a different site to hold these images later on then.

Archived