Please recommend some good ENBs [solved]

Up until now I've played with Project ENB, but it doesn't do it for me anymore. I've tried a lot of ENBs but haven't really found one that has all my requirements. What I want from an ENB is:

Ultrasharp image with no blur

Vivid but realistic colours

Realistic and cozy lighting

Nice looking skin effects that makes skin look alive

FPS friendly

Configurable

So far I've tried these ENBs:

Opethfeldt

PureVision

RealVision

Rudy ENB

Enhanced Shaders and FX

Antique Dragon

CR ENB

Vividian

RealLike

Photoreal ENB

Lexi ENB

I wasn't happy with any of those and kept switching until I gave up, but I would play with Opethfeldt if I could only get rid of the blurry effect(not the DoF). Do you know of any other ENBs that would satisfy my needs, or do you know how to "fix" Opethfeldt?

Specs:

AMD 8350 8-core 4Ghz
Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
8 GB RAM

Ultrasharp image with no blur

Vivid but realistic colours

Realistic and cozy lighting

Nice looking skin effects that makes skin look alive

Configurable

this /\

FPS friendly

Doesn't do this /\

Kountervibe has all the things you're looking for except FPS friendly so you'll have to dial stuff down.

With a 750 Ti and a high end ENB like Kountervibe or K ENB, I'd wager if you play at 720p with lower shadow resolutions and turn off much of the flora and have no 2k textures and above then you might actually be able to pull it off with frames in the 25-30 range. Still playable but not ideal, of course... also, overclocking your 8350 to at least 4.5 GHz would help reduce stuttering since Skyrim is very dependent on per core performance. Meaning you better have a good cooling solution: 240mm radiator water cooler and above.
If you want to do a simple upgrade to your current rig, I'd recommend a GTX 1060 (6GB) and above or an RX 480 and above. Both Nvidia and AMD have their ups and downs when it comes to Skyrim.
Finally, to ultimately answer your question: the best ENB is the one you customize on your own. Pick one ENB you like best, then during the game, press Shift+Enter to bring up the ENB menu. You may click and hold the mouse cursor on each parameter and spin the cursor clockwise or counterclockwise to customize your ENB as best to your liking.
If the ENB is too blurry... ahem... download a Skyrim Reshade that adds a sharper HDR effect to the game... warning: very intensive on your GPU.

I managed to get a good result after tweaking RealVision a bit(the best one of those in my list). I'm getting 30-35 fps on medium ENB settings so it's okay. With Kountervibe I get 20 fps and had to turn off a lot of stuff so it wasn't worth it, even if the stuttering wasn't that bad. Thanks for all the tips!

With a 750 Ti and a high end ENB like Kountervibe or K ENB, I'd wager if you play at 720p with lower shadow resolutions and turn off much of the flora and have no 2k textures and above then you might actually be able to pull it off with frames in the 25-30 range. Still playable but not ideal, of course... also, overcooking your 8350 to at least 4.5 GHz would help reduce stuttering since Skyrim is very dependent on per core performance. Meaning you better have a good cooling solution: 240mm radiator water cooler and above.

If you want to do a simple upgrade to your current rig, I'd recommend a GTX 1060 (6GB) and above or an RX 480 and above. Both Nvidia and AMD have their ups and downs when it comes to Skyrim.

Finally, to ultimately answer your question: the best ENB is the one you customize on your own. Pick one ENB you like best, then during the game, press Shift+Enter to bring up the ENB menu. You may click and hold the mouse cursor on each parameter and spin the cursor clockwise or counterclockwise to customize your ENB as best to your liking.

If the ENB is too blurry... ahem... download a Skyrim Reshade that adds a sharper HDR effect to the game... warning: very intensive on your GPU.

The GTX 1060 sounds like a good upgrade but it's a bit expensive. You have to give at least 300€ for that in my country. I was looking at the GTX 1050 because with that you get more card for the bucks. How much do you think that will improve Skyrim for me? What's the difference between Nvidia and AMD cards?

With a 750 Ti and a high end ENB like Kountervibe or K ENB, I'd wager if you play at 720p with lower shadow resolutions and turn off much of the flora and have no 2k textures and above then you might actually be able to pull it off with frames in the 25-30 range. Still playable but not ideal, of course... also, overcooking your 8350 to at least 4.5 GHz would help reduce stuttering since Skyrim is very dependent on per core performance. Meaning you better have a good cooling solution: 240mm radiator water cooler and above.

The GTX 1060 sounds like a good upgrade but it's a bit expensive. You have to give at least 300€ for that in my country. I was looking at the GTX 1050 because with that you get more card for the bucks. How much do you think that will improve Skyrim for me? What's the difference between Nvidia and AMD cards?

Moving from a 750 Ti to a 1050 Ti (always get the Ti version) would yield some noticeable improvements but it's nothing to get excited about.  It'll be okay, not great.  

Especially for Skyrim, if you're only getting about 35 fps with Realvision ENB, which is a very performance-friendly ENB compared to most, then moving to a 1050 Ti will probably get you a ~15 fps jump (maybe ~50 fps avg) -- on 1080p, of course.  I don't know about you but I don't see much of a difference between 35 fps to 50 fps.  There will be a big difference from 35 fps to 60 fps, but not so much at ~50 fps.

Personally, this is not be a big enough performance gain to justify the upgrade.  You have a decent CPU and you're trying to play Skyrim with ENBs so you should definitely aim higher.  

Basically, a GTX 1050 Ti is not a bad upgrade from a 750 Ti but not the best choice with your CPU and Skyrim wth ENBs.  Again, a GTX 1060 (6GB), GTX 970 (obsolete unless you can find it super cheap then it's good), RX 480 (8GB), R9 390x would be the perfect sweet spot for your system. 

The difference I've seen between Nvidia and AMD cards on Skyrim are too many to list so you'll have to do the research on this but most people would agree Nvidia is better for modding Skyrim.  Most people.  The thing I hate about Nvidia is that there are some graphical glitches in Skyrim like the water ripples when you have SLI, but I learned to live with it.

Moving from a 750 Ti to a 1050 Ti (always get the Ti version) would yield some noticeable improvements but it's nothing to get excited about.  It'll be okay, not great.  

Especially for Skyrim, if you're only getting about 35 fps with Realvision ENB, which is a very performance-friendly ENB compared to most, then moving to a 1050 Ti will probably get you a ~15 fps jump (maybe ~50 fps avg) -- on 1080p, of course.  I don't know about you but I don't see much of a difference between 35 fps to 50 fps.  There will be a big difference from 35 fps to 60 fps, but not so much at ~50 fps.

Personally, this is not be a big enough performance gain to justify the upgrade.  You have a decent CPU and you're trying to play Skyrim with ENBs so you should definitely aim higher.  

Basically, a GTX 1050 Ti is not a bad upgrade from a 750 Ti but not the best choice with your CPU and Skyrim wth ENBs.  Again, a GTX 1060 (6GB), GTX 970 (obsolete unless you can find it super cheap then it's good), RX 480 (8GB), R9 390x would be the perfect sweet spot for your system. 

The difference I've seen between Nvidia and AMD cards on Skyrim are too many to list so you'll have to do the research on this but most people would agree Nvidia is better for modding Skyrim.  Most people.  The thing I hate about Nvidia is that there are some graphical glitches in Skyrim like the water ripples when you have SLI, but I learned to live with it.

15 fps gain won't make a difference but 20 will, you say? That sounds a bit strange to me. 15 extra fps will allow me to have better effects and textures and still play with decent fps. You don't need 60 fps to play Skyrim. But I can see your point, and an upgrade is supposed to last some time. I wasn't going to upgrade now though, so I can wait and see if the 1060 or rx 480 cards will go down in price. In the future I will move on to Fallout and then it's good to have a strong GPU.

15 fps gain won't make a difference but 20 will, you say? That sounds a bit strange to me. 15 extra fps will allow me to have better effects and textures and still play with decent fps. You don't need 60 fps to play Skyrim. But I can see your point, and an upgrade is supposed to last some time. I wasn't going to upgrade now though, so I can wait and see if the 1060 or rx 480 cards will go down in price. In the future I will move on to Fallout and then it's good to have a strong GPU.

From 35 to 60 will be a 25 fps jump, but minor nuances aside what I'm really talking about is the eye.  Just like you can't notice a big difference from 60 fps to 75 fps but you can notice a huge difference from 60 fps to 90 fps... and you can see even more of a difference jumping from 90 fps to 144 fps and so on.  The GTX 1050 Ti isn't a true 1080p card (you'll need cards as powerful as the GTX 970 and above for that) so you'll definitely be around 50 fps especially with an ENB installed.  Going from 35 to 50 fps will make you constantly ask yourself if it was all worth it because your eyes will barely notice any difference -- not to mention if you decide to add only a few more graphics mods then you'll quickly drop back down to 35 fps.

Yeah, if you can't upgrade right now, don't.  Like I said, it's a decent upgrade if you're playing any other game but you're going to be modding Skyrim and you have an FX 8350 then you might as well wait a little longer to get true 1080p gaming cards.

I started modding Skyrim with an Nvidia GTS 230.  Yes, it's true.  Then I jumped to a 550 Ti.  Then I jumped to a GTX 580.  Then I jumped to a GTX 670.  Then I jumped to GTX 760's in SLI.  Then I jumped to GTX 970's in SLI.  And now I'm stuck on GTX 980 Ti's in SLI because I really have no reason to upgrade until the 1080 Ti comes down in price because it's not worth it yet.  This is where my experience comes from.  A GTX 1050 Ti is almost the same as a GTX 670.  

From 35 to 60 will be a 25 fps jump, but minor nuances aside what I'm really talking about is the eye.  Just like you can't notice a big difference from 60 fps to 75 fps but you can notice a huge difference from 60 fps to 90 fps... and you can see even more of a difference jumping from 90 fps to 144 fps and so on.  The GTX 1050 Ti isn't a true 1080p card (you'll need cards as powerful as the GTX 970 and above for that) so you'll definitely be around 50 fps especially with an ENB installed.  Going from 35 to 50 fps will make you constantly ask yourself if it was all worth it because your eyes will barely notice any difference -- not to mention if you decide to add only a few more graphics mods then you'll quickly drop back down to 35 fps.

Yeah, if you can't upgrade right now, don't.  Like I said, it's a decent upgrade if you're playing any other game but you're going to be modding Skyrim and you have an FX 8350 then you might as well wait a little longer to get true 1080p gaming cards.

I started modding Skyrim with an Nvidia GTS 230.  Yes, it's true.  Then I jumped to a 550 Ti.  Then I jumped to a GTX 580.  Then I jumped to a GTX 670.  Then I jumped to GTX 760's in SLI.  Then I jumped to GTX 970's in SLI.  And now I'm stuck on GTX 980 Ti's in SLI because I really have no reason to upgrade until the 1080 Ti comes down in price because it's not worth it yet.  This is where my experience comes from.  A GTX 1050 Ti is almost the same as a GTX 670.  

Well, I've never had really had 50 fps in any bethesda game, so I don't really know what it's like. I thought that 50 fps would only give you stuttering in very demanding areas with a lot of people, considering the fact that 60 is the limit in all ENBs. But if it is like you say, it would totally not be worth getting the 1050 ti. I've looked up some benchmark tests on passmark that illustrates the differences between the cards:

GTX 1080 ti   13,190    $679 

GTX 1060        8,731    $235

RX 480            8,055    $199

GTX 1050  ti    5,790

GTX 750 ti       3,696

60 fps is the enb limit, or else havock does some strange shit to the game.

However, go look at a 1070gtx. Its cheaper and powerful.

Right now im running a 1070gtx powering 3 screens , nvidia 3d vision enabled with trueHDR ENb on during gameplay all the time / 4k resolution on fora, player ,objects, terrain the works.

It looks beautiful.

But, still cannot go above 60fps because skyrim limits.

60 fps is the enb limit, or else havock does some strange shit to the game.

However, go look at a 1070gtx. Its cheaper and powerful.

Right now im running a 1070gtx powering 3 screens , nvidia 3d vision enabled with trueHDR ENb on during gameplay all the time / 4k resolution on fora, player ,objects, terrain the works.

It looks beautiful.

But, still cannot go above 60fps because skyrim limits.

I keep an unlocked .ini file for comparison benchmarks, but you can't actually play-as-intended above 60 fps.

...okay, I also unlock when I want things to turn hilarious.

[Display]

iPresentInterval=0

[Havok]

fMaxTime=0.0333 = 30fps  
fMaxTime=0.0166 = 60fps 
fMaxTime=0.0133 = 75fps 
fMaxTime=0.0111 = 90fps 
fMaxTime=0.0083 = 120fps 
fMaxTime=0.0069 = 144fps 
fMaxTime=0.0042 = 240fps+

I have some experience on tuning ENBs for two different setups in the medium to low range of cards (nee potatoes). Note that all FPS are for 2560x1600 res, so you can get almost 40-50% more FPS at 1080p, or step up the texture resolution.

A GTX1060 6GB with the official Hi-res packs, NLVA, maxed out skin textures and water and flora mods (but no SMIM) returns around 30/40 FPS indoor and out. ENB used is White Orchard. By turning off DOF and tweaking the ENB for a crisp image with no bloom, I get up to 40/50, so basically at 1080p you should be hitting the limiter all the time with this card. This ENB preset is a little buggy, specially wrt adaptation which results in LOD flickering when the PC is looking around during daytime. It HAS to be disabled or tweaked. I prefer it to be kept off as I like to play with ENB enabled, and if you cast a fire spell by night you basically cannot see anything except your hands and the flame.

A RX460 4GB with a basic install of SMIM, CoT and using only the stock ENB shaders + SweetFX gets me 38/55FPS. I still keep skin textures high (2048 or more) and the Skyrim HD2k - Lite. Contrary to Boris' handwaving, performance with the AMD card is smooth and stutter-free. However I have to tune the shaders by hand. This is my setup, and with the ENB disabled I get 70/100FPS. Just enabling ENB (without even one effect enabled) will suck the FPS to about 60%, then you tune it to work out which effects are the most costly. With luck you will lose only 5-7 frames and arrive at a good look.

Obviously I run my setup with fewer effects than a full-blown ENB, but it is more than sufficient for my needs and offers very smooth gameplay. I think with some work you can get most any ENB to the level of performance you want. I consider it a pretty good show by a cheap card. I have never managed to download an ENB and stick with the author's settings. I find about 99% of them too bright and too foggy by day, and too dank and way too much contrast at night. Human vision just does not work that way.

Keeping Vsync disabled is critical to good performance. The game Vsync and ENB Vsync both cause stutter. I prefer to leave it off everywhere as the ENB drags the FPS below 60 in any  case. Hardware Vsync would be the way to go if the hardware is able to go above 60. Else you will see some very funny stuff when walking around the game world.