Face/body mismatch

khumak

So I couldn't find much info about this when doing searches, but I've noticed that in some cases I have mods that define a specific race for an NPC under RNAM - Race and also set the ACBS - Configuration flag "Can be all races".  I'm thinking this may explain why some NPCs in my game have a white face and a black body or vice versa.  I've been building an override for my game that removes the "Can be all races" flag from all NPCs that have a specific race set and adding it for any NPC that doesn't.  It's taking forever though.  TTW has a LOT of NPCs to edit...

It usually happens if the facegen flag inside the nif is not properly setted and if the mod is a esp and not a esm (and if the ini setting bFacegen-something is not setted to 1)

The biggest offender for me was TTW Redesigned.  That mod sets the can be all races flag for almost every NPC in both Fallout 3 and Fallout NV.  Oddly enough I did find a few NPCs where even the vanilla game does that.  There are also a few instances where the vanilla game does not assign a skeleton to an NPC, which as far as I know causes a CTD.  TTW fixes those but also sets a few NPCs with the can be all races flag.

It usually happens if the facegen flag inside the nif is not properly setted and if the mod is a esp and not a esm (and if the ini setting bFacegen-something is not setted to 1)

He is totally right!

And the "can be all races" flag is harmless.

It can be completely ignored.

The face/body mismatch happens to NPCs which are added or heavily edited by a plugin file ( *.esp)

To avoid this, the file must be set to master ( *.esm)

Remember that plugin / master files are treated different in both, the game and geck.

Archived