how can i get Dva??

It keeps getting uploaded and just as quickly gets deleted for copyright infringement. Deathknight's Tracer Outfit is the most recent victim. Someone tried to upload that outfit to The Nexus, (again) and actually tried to claim it as their own work, and once again it got shut down within a few hours.

Maybe one day a talented person will recreate these outfits from scratch, but these illegal ports are just creating an aura of distrust and dissapointment for genuine modders and artists.

It keeps getting uploaded and just as quickly gets deleted for copyright infringement. Deathknight's Tracer Outfit is the most recent victim. Someone tried to upload that outfit to The Nexus, (again) and actually tried to claim it as their own work, and once again it got shut down within a few hours.

Maybe one day a talented person will recreate these outfits from scratch, but these illegal ports are just creating an aura of distrust and dissapointment for genuine modders and artists.

Because Nexus doesn't allow copyrights for any reason. They do not want to lose revenue but the author just keeps constantly breaking the rules thinking it's ok.

Yeah but Nexus also takes down any file as soon as someone dobs it in a port even if the person reporting hasn't even downloaded the file to look at it. so authors have to provide proof to avoid this.

No actually they do not.

The "dobber" (dobee?) has to provide proof that the file is suspect before the moderators will even investigate it in the first place, and the file is only initially  "hidden for moderation" not removed completely.

Then the uploader is given the opportunity to provide proof that the file belongs to them and/or they have permission to upload it. Only if the uploader can't provide said proof, will the file be removed, Unless it is obviously a blatant violation of copyright or site rules.

Some of the Nexus Admins/staff do have poles up their cabooses that are fairly long I'll admit, but that doesn't mean we should spread misinformation about them or the site.

Yeah but Nexus also takes down any file as soon as someone dobs it in a port even if the person reporting hasn't even downloaded the file to look at it. so authors have to provide proof to avoid this.

No actually they do not.

The "dobber" (dobee?) has to provide proof that the file is suspect before the moderators will even investigate it in the first place, and the file is only initially  "hidden for moderation" not removed completely.

Then the uploader is given the opportunity to provide proof that the file belongs to them and/or they have permission to upload it. Only if the uploader can't provide said proof, will the file be removed, Unless it is obviously a blatant violation of copyright or site rules.

Some of the Nexus Admins/staff do have poles up their cabooses that are fairly long I'll admit, but that doesn't mean we should spread misinformation about them or the site.

I've seen files uploaded that were obviously not rips, and within a few hours before its got a dozen downloads some asshole has said in comments its a rip and they are reporting it. Then poof file gone never to be seen again, most likely modder got the shits and left for good.

Nexus has a clear ban-hammer attitude from the top down, only Nexus proudly displays its daily ban list like its some sort of scoreboard.

But it also didn't stop them on one occasion banning the Author and removing the reported file but keeping his other files available as they were good for traffic.

You can also see many times were some can do infraction after infraction without anything done to them or it takes a long time before anything does happen to them while others do one little infraction and they are done. I would never upload anything there on their site ever as I don't trust them and I already know how they are so it would be stupid to do it.

I use this site instead and do it my self. http://www.deviantart.com You can usually find many models there all you need is a addon for blender to load .XPS/generic item mesh. These models come rigged making it somewhat easier to pose in blender to a body. The gunetwork you have to jump through hoops just to be able to do stuff and download certain stuff and if you don't visit constantly and post and what not they'll boot you back off the list you worked hard to get on.

Archived