A request for Forum Admin (about Requests / Finding mods)

ChaosZen

I don't like current setup. ( For What mods are this X )

Following each separate topic is tedious, 1 mega-thread was better. Keep it for requests maybe only?

/My opinion Out/

not a good idea imho.

since i just play sims 4 and are not intrested in any other mods.

Whats the problem? Just make your own "What mod/where I can find this SIMS4 EDITION"

I don't like current setup. ( For What mods are this X )

Following each separate topic is tedious, 1 mega-thread was better. Keep it for requests maybe only?

/My opinion Out/

not a good idea imho.

since i just play sims 4 and are not intrested in any other mods.

Whats the problem? Just make your own "What mod/where I can find this SIMS4 EDITION"

Whats your problem?

Too lazy to click on more than one "follow this topic" button?

cause for people like me its not just a drag to go through all the unwanted mods they dont want to see, but there would be just pure chaos for everybody not playing all the games that are represented on this fine board.

thats why there is seperated forums.

Anyone else miss the "What mod is this?" thread?  It was a great thread to discover new mods and was very active.  I feel locking it and re-directing to the "Request and Find" subforum was a mistake.  If it's not a big deal, I think re-opening that thread in the R&F subforum would make sense as it would also help prevent the subforum from getting  cluttered.  To put it in context, most of the mods people asked about in the "What mod is this thread?" were small ones like armours, textures, etc.  Most people probably wouldn't bother starting a new thread just to ask about a certain armour, so I think it makes sense to keep these small requests in the one thread as opposed to cluttering an entire subforum with all the individual queries.  Hope it makes sense. 

I don't think it's a good approach to let people create a new topic for every mod they want to ask for. With the old system you found stuff by chance just by opening the thread and sometimes you even recognized the mod people were asking for. No more of that now that everything is hidden under separate threads that only a few people will bother looking at.

I too find the old single thread style more useful for "where to find" or "what is this".  Yes occasionally inquiries do sink into oblivion but overall I think it has been very productive.

Request, idea and "is this possible" on the other hand would benefit to be in their own individual topics in this new sub-forum so to leave the main boards for discussing actual modding, i.e. mods that already exist, WIP mods or how-to inquiries of making mods.

This has actually been discussed among the moderating staff and the Boss (Ashal) and "may" happen in the not too distant future.  

Have y'all ever discussed making a mod author question/request forum? I mean, something where mod authors can go to ask for advice on how to do things with scripting, making meshes, retexturing, etc. There aren't as many of that kind of question or request, but there are a few.
Right now I believe most people use PM threads for that, particularly dev teams, but it might also be useful for authors to have a place to go right to, to ask that kind of question. I'm in a PM thread that has 93 pages of questions like that (well, maybe 50 pages of questions and the rest are digressions and jokes ;) ), so there's at least a bit of a market.

I dunno... 

Honestly, if folks are looking for help creating a mod, or help doing some scripting, then it really belongs in the General Discussion area for that game.  Or if it is a WIP, then in the non-adult or adult section.  After all, the whole point of getting the searches and pure requests to their own forum was to allow exactly the type of discussion you are talking about in the other areas.

This has actually been discussed among the moderating staff and the Boss (Ashal) and "may" happen in the not too distant future.  

Have y'all ever discussed making a mod author question/request forum? I mean, something where mod authors can go to ask for advice on how to do things with scripting, making meshes, retexturing, etc. There aren't as many of that kind of question or request, but there are a few.
Right now I believe most people use PM threads for that, particularly dev teams, but it might also be useful for authors to have a place to go right to, to ask that kind of question. I'm in a PM thread that has 93 pages of questions like that (well, maybe 50 pages of questions and the rest are digressions and jokes ;) ), so there's at least a bit of a market.

I dunno... 

You mean like something like this: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/168-useful-community-scripts-to-start-mods-with/ ?? I think oblivion is the only section where there is mod thread support for mod authors not sure why other section have the same part available for it.

Honestly, if folks are looking for help creating a mod, or help doing some scripting, then it really belongs in the General Discussion area for that game.  Or if it is a WIP, then in the non-adult or adult section.  After all, the whole point of getting the searches and pure requests to their own forum was to allow exactly the type of discussion you are talking about in the other areas.

Fair enough. :)

Archived