new "too many animations" + extra utilities workaround mod

I found a new mod on the Nexus that has a nice workaround for loading your initial game either after a crash or when you first start your play session.  He also has several other nice utility mods all bundled together as well as the option to install each separately.  Bundled version linked below:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/79491

I thought people here would be particularly interested in the safe load feature since it seems to get around the high animation count problem.

This mod is quite neat, saves a bit of manual work.

But the process is not new and hopefully well known: Load a small cell (tutorials often say 'coc qasmoke'), then load your normal save.

It can only workaround some things, like FootIK or loading a huge cell with lot of stuff going on.

Everything I've tried from his combined utilities thing works for me so far including the safe load thing.  Based on his readme for that part it sounds like he basically found a way to automate the process of loading your LAL prison cell starting save or maybe that 'coc qasmoke' workaround and immediately switching to your latest save all in 1 step or something similar.  When I continue I notice a small stutter and a notice about the very first mod in my MCM menu starting to load before it loads my game and then it loads my latest game.  As long as it works I'm happy.

Also for people who might be concerned about the camera stuff, my animation stuff works fine without disabling any of it.  I left all of his camera tweaks at their default.

It crashes to me all the same with this installed or not. The only diffrence is that i can't uninstall now because all saves done from main manu stops working.

If you're using the vanilla save system in Skyrim you may want to try Autosave Manager or CASM.  I prefer Autosave Manager personally due to the extra configuration options. 

I have NEVER had a save generated by either of those mods get corrupted and I save constantly (after every fight, after every level up, after every word of power learned, after every dragon soul absorbed, after every location cleared, after resting, after fast travel, plus frequent manual saves anytime I do anything like change my hotkeys that I want to make sure I won't have to do again).  The saves that used to get corrupted for me were the vanilla auto saves and the F5 quicksaves and I don't use those at all anymore.

It crashes to me all the same with this installed or not. The only diffrence is that i can't uninstall now because all saves done from main manu stops working.

If you're using the vanilla save system in Skyrim you may want to try Autosave Manager or CASM.  I prefer Autosave Manager personally due to the extra configuration options. 

I have NEVER had a save generated by either of those mods get corrupted and I save constantly (after every fight, after every level up, after every word of power learned, after every dragon soul absorbed, after every location cleared, after resting, after fast travel, plus frequent manual saves anytime I do anything like change my hotkeys that I want to make sure I won't have to do again).  The saves that used to get corrupted for me were the vanilla auto saves and the F5 quicksaves and I don't use those at all anymore.

Thanks for sugestion but im using it already. My skyrim is just overloaded with animations as i use poser mods. At this point crash fixes does nothing, still need to load qasmoke (wich aslo crashes most of the times).

I use Continue Game No Crash on its own quite successfully.  It's a very nice solution, and only adds about 3 seconds to my loading time.  :)

I second to that. I had "Crash fix" installed but my saves CTDed on loading every third-fourth time. Removing that mod and installing this one, I had no CTDs at all. I even enabled "problematic" scaling in SL 1.62 and had no CTDs at all and my player sex females as maniac. The named mod is magical. It's the best anti CTD mod I ever tried. :)

I use Continue Game No Crash on its own quite successfully.  It's a very nice solution, and only adds about 3 seconds to my loading time.  :)

I second to that. I had "Crash fix" installed but my saves CTDed on loading every third-fourth time. Removing that mod and installing this one, I had no CTDs at all. I even enabled "problematic" scaling in SL 1.62 and had no CTDs at all and my player sex females as maniac. The named mod is magical. It's the best anti CTD mod I ever tried. :)

I have both as well.  The bundled utility I linked includes Continue Game No Crash, it's the same guy.  It also stops NPCs from pushing you around while you're trying to talk to someone, teleports anyone who's in your way out of it, etc.  Lots of good stuff.

Archived