Strange Lines in Mesh

puddles

I've attached a .nif file to this post. It's an HGEC conversion to C Cup of one of yuravica's sweaters: one of...maybe 6 I've finished. Most of them are having this issue, though. If you open it up in NifSkope and pane around to the back, there's this strange line along the vertices down the spine. If I delete the body mesh underneath it, they disappear...but if I look in Blender, the body mesh isn't jutting or overlapping with the sweater at all. I can flatten or smooth the body to anorexic levels, but that still doesn't fix it. There's smaller ones under the arms and along the front, too. Any ideas...?

corset dress white2.nif

I don't see lines. I add a texture but still no lines near the spine

Only the seams under the arms.

post-3205-0-79322900-1475267613_thumb.jpg

Fixed with "snooth Normals" the dress

post-3205-0-97334900-1475267616_thumb.jpg

A pictures with the lines please with arrows to the "bad" points/lines.

------------

Why not delete the body, it is not visible.

Are you sure you uploaded the right nif ? I can't see it in NifSkope.

And your dress is not BBB so you have no BBB ( also you body have no Op bones )

No you don't need the body if the dress have BBB ( add with Mesh rigger or Blender ) There are many cothes without body but with BBB .

Edit: Also in your picture are no Op1-3 nodes. This dress and body have no BBB.

And if the body have Op nodes/BBB but the dress have no BBB the Tits move and clip through the "static" dress. Both must have BBB. Or your dress without the body must have BBB.

When I click the body ( so that the grid on the body is visible ) I can see some spots where the body can "cip"

post-3205-0-80017400-1475273633_thumb.jpg

During animations it can be visible in game, especially the moving tits.

If I see such things I convert the nif again a little bit larger.  ( ? the padding setting ? )

But I can't see any spots near the spine.

----------------------------------------------

Here a dress with BBB and without Body from my clothes replacer.

post-3205-0-04744700-1475273626_thumb.jpg  Only the neck part of the body in the Nif

the same with textures

post-3205-0-63669200-1475274163_thumb.jpg the biggest "spots" are on the tits.

Nothing near the spine.

Without BBB I'm sure you will not see it in game, but with with BBB the tits will clip through the dress.

The dress is too close to the body.

Best way: delete the body.

NifSkope test with my body with skeleton and  WalkForward animation.

post-3205-0-99498700-1475274681_thumb.jpg

The body cips through the dress. The same you will see in game.

solution:

! Delete the body and add BBB !

Edit: shit a part of the lowerbody also clips through the dress. You must convert it again a little bit bigger.

You use a template body that has the required bone nodes in it as your input file and you use that body to add the bone nodes from it to your target file. You can also use multiple files at one time like head hands feet upper and lower body you just have to hold down the CTRL button and select each body nif then select your target file and run mesh rigger.

So run the bat file then file - template options - body nifs. Then target options - select target file you can also select file - select destination folder which will be where the finished product will end up at. Gender - female only - all material - select and replace bones copy and delete weights UV search vertex index search and override distance.

You can also use a skeleton as your template but it's not recommended unless said skeleton doesn't have many bone nodes in it as most skeletons have too many bone nodes in it and the bone node screen gets too big and will prevent you from clicking the ok button to start mesh rigger.

Yes best use a C cup BBB body and a HGEC lower body. ( your dress have Bip01 R Thigh and Bip01 L Thigh,  they are normally not in a upper body mesh)

You can use any upper body, all will work. But bodies have different weights/bounce, a A-cup less bouce, big tits more . I always use bodies that fits to the cothes/armors

Upper and Lowerbody must be in one Nif ( one template nif )

I would us a upper body without Op3 bones ( Op3 in body nif is good , in clothes and armors it often looks weird/too muck bounce )

The body nif in the "Mesh Rigger/template " folder

Your dress in the "Mesh Rigger/target " folder

Output ...of course "Mesh Rigger/output"

Here a C cup nif with Op1 and Op2 nodes

C cup UpperLower.7z

Shit it is impossible.

You know you must run every nif though Mesh rigger  after you converted it with cloth converter, because the weighing is "wrong", you will have gaps between the body parts especially during animations.

After I run your dress through mesh rigger all arm clipping was gone, only some body and breast parts cipped .

Your Dress: would ne good to have a body in the nif because when the NPC lies and you look under the skirt you can see a big hole (the missing upper body )

So I convert the dress and made it larger (padding function).

I run it through mesh rigger,

I tested it , no clipping at all

BUT  Mesh rigger don't like parts that are far away from the body, like the skirt in your dress. Mesh rigger produce holes in the nif, regardless if you add BBB or not.

post-3205-0-62495300-1475334692_thumb.jpg the same happens with your original nif.

I was never able to convert a nif with parts far away from the body, Mesh rigger can not handle it. ( or I don't know the right settings )

------------------

Better use the original nif ( not you converted nif ).

What's the original cup size? What's the name of the clothes Mod ? Perhaps it exists a BBB version with B , C or E cup

Or someone can create one with Blender.

Thanks! I did eventually get it working last night, somewhat. I don't know how I ended up going down this rabbit hole...oh, right. I made a lattice for yuravica's mystery AAA Cup to C Cup. I...should get back to finishing reassigning all the MG stuff. -.-

@fejeena

The hole as you call it is caused by either a missing bone node or weight painting issue. If you look at your finished nif you will notice that the spots that have missing mesh are the same spots that are stretching in the mesh.

post-25667-0-38683600-1475349176_thumb.jpg

Run it with delete all weights and replace bones turned off and then only select the OP bones. I ran it again and it came out with no stretching in those spots.

post-25667-0-20372700-1475349980_thumb.jpg

corset dress white2.nif

Also to scan things that are a bit too far away from any bone nodes is to try increasing the search distance which will extend how far away from a bone node it'll scan so you might be able to get it if it isn't too far away.

If a item is too far away from any bone node no weight painting gets applied to fix it you would have to use a 3D tool to add the weight painting. For games like skyrim you can use outfit studio to weight paint the bad spots.

Shit it is impossible.

You know you must run every nif though Mesh rigger  after you converted it with cloth converter, because the weighing is "wrong", you will have gaps between the body parts especially during animations.

After I run your dress through mesh rigger all arm clipping was gone, only some body and breast parts cipped .

Your Dress: would ne good to have a body in the nif because when the NPC lies and you look under the skirt you can see a big hole (the missing upper body )

So I convert the dress and made it larger (padding function).

I run it through mesh rigger,

I tested it , no clipping at all

BUT  Mesh rigger don't like parts that are far away from the body, like the skirt in your dress. Mesh rigger produce holes in the nif, regardless if you add BBB or not.

attachicon.gifdress7.jpg the same happens with your original nif.

I was never able to convert a nif with parts far away from the body, Mesh rigger can not handle it. ( or I don't know the right settings )

------------------

Better use the original nif ( not you converted nif ).

What's the original cup size? What's the name of the clothes Mod ? Perhaps it exists a BBB version with B , C or E cup

Or someone can create one with Blender.

I've put the project on hold until I finish the up the next MGBLKHD release, Fejeena: this needs more work. The issue I've run into is that yuravica used a really, really low poly count for most of his custom meshes and left the seams out in the open because no one would see them as-is, but when you try to convert them using the clothing converter...it just all kind of gets fugly. There's also the issue that yuravica used this attached .nif as the 'framework' for a lot of his stuff. I guess it's a squashed AA Cup, but it's too different from the HGEC AA cup to use an AA to <X> lattice. I made a lattice to C Cup from this thing, but I don't think it's exactly right and probably causing some additional confusion in conversion.

yuravicaAAA.nif

Archived