[rant] told to use a certain thread by admin, no response.

honestly when we ask questions and are then told by an admin (who will remain nameless) that we need to post over in that thread. which is honestly notorious for NEVER addressing questions. well frustration is not what I feel.

in a lot of ways, I wish we'd have admins that would take the post and migrate it to that thread. and try to  answer some of those questions. least within a week. if not less. instead of leaving the thread mockingly there and not allowing the threads owner to even delete it.

sorry for swearing. I needed to get this off my chest. before I decided, fuck it. Loverslab is just not worth it.

Good Day

honestly when we ask questions and are then told by an admin (who will remain nameless) that we need to post over in that thread. which is honestly notorious for NEVER addressing questions. well frustration is not what I feel.

in a lot of ways, I wish we'd have admins that would take the post and migrate it to that thread. and try to  answer some of those questions. least within a week. if not less. instead of leaving the thread mockingly there and not allowing the threads owner to even delete it.

sorry for swearing. I needed to get this off my chest. before I decided, fuck it. Loverslab is just not worth it.

Good Day

Please send me a PM with some details on the problem.

If I can solve it, I will.

in a lot of ways, I wish we'd have admins that would take the post and migrate it to that thread. and try to  answer some of those questions. least within a week.

If we do migrate it, we get flak for that too.

As for us personally answering everybody's questions of where to find certain mods within a timeframe you find suitable: sounds like a fulltime helpdesk job. Couldn't even pay me to do it.

in a lot of ways, I wish we'd have admins that would take the post and migrate it to that thread. and try to  answer some of those questions. least within a week.

If we do migrate it, we get flak for that too.

As for us personally answering everybody's questions of where to find certain mods within a timeframe you find suitable: sounds like a fulltime helpdesk job. Couldn't even pay me to do it.

ok, ouch. seems mods are way to busy. damned if you do, damned if you don't Dilemma. granted, I've posted in threads and sometimes Never ever ever get a response. what can I do then? that honestly is what really makes me incensed.

lol omg someone replied to my question THANK GOD, oh wait...its someone mentioning I posted in a wrong spot..Well..Ok..

50 days later

It'll happen, any day now.

this is what I talk about. some of us get into a forever type of waiting period. we know SOMEBODY has the answer, but we will mostly Likely never get a response. I'm more bringing this question/rant as something that truly bothers at least 2 people. but I don't want Mods to be overwhelmed.

Maybe a masterlist of all known modding sites, including foreign, as a reference would be helpful. If it's on the internet, it was uploaded somewhere and in regards to skyrim mods it is probably on one of like 5 websites, even if it's just as a link to some obscure blog. As an aside, the community is better for it's users being more knowledgeable and involving themselves. Also, if something is so rare that it can't be found in 50 days of casual googling, there might not be anyone active that's even seen it. That however is not a fault of the system. 

lol omg someone replied to my question THANK GOD, oh wait...its someone mentioning I posted in a wrong spot..Well..Ok..

50 days later

It'll happen, any day now.

this is what I talk about. some of us get into a forever type of waiting period. we know SOMEBODY has the answer, but we will mostly Likely never get a response. I'm more bringing this question/rant as something that truly bothers at least 2 people. but I don't want Mods to be overwhelmed.

That's nothing new. Just like tech support that you never get on things SOMEBODY knows but refuses to help. And I don't mean the common tech support stuff. I'm talking about tech support that people turn a blind eye on and over look because they don't want to share the information because they want to remain one of the few special ones who know how to do something and no one else needs to know but us type of attitude. That's what LL is today. Your argument isn't common. It's a very minimal vocal minority. That's because that minority see what's really going on around here.

That's nothing new. Just like tech support that you never get on things SOMEBODY knows but refuses to help. And I don't mean the common tech support stuff. I'm talking about tech support that people turn a blind eye on and over look because they don't want to share the information because they want to remain one of the few special ones who know how to do something and no one else needs to know but us type of attitude. That's what LL is today. Your argument isn't common. It's a very minimal vocal minority. That's because that minority see what's really going on around here.

All I see going on around here is some people being under the illusion that they're owed something.

And people saying they're leaving, but still coming back to spew negativity. If you hate the place so much, stay gone.

There are 4 moderators, who are unpaid (and also modders) and a few of us do have a life.   :P

So expecting us to "help" is pretty much not going to happen.  There just aren't enough hours in the day that we can devote to attempting this, much as we'd like to.

So we did try just merging "searches" and "requests" into the pinned threads (assuming this is what you are referring to) and folks complained that their threads disappeared, or just posted the same thing again.  So we took a different tack and just started pointing towards the pinned threads and locking things, hoping that this would serve as a warning sign to others to use those pinned threads.  Cue this complaint.  We are honestly at our wits end on how to handle these type of things.  If we do nothing at all, then the entire forum is swamped with "where can I find", "what is this", "how come that" and so on, burying all the legitimate threads.

Answering questions and helping you find things is not easy, nor is it the main function of this site.  Thinking it is, and that you are owed some sort of answer in any time frame is not only unreasonable, but quite selfish.  Is it really and truly reasonable to expect that others take their free time to find something for you?  Do you reciprocate?  

This answer and our locking of threads is never intended to place a badge of shame on anyone, it is merely an attempt to point folks towards the proper place to ask and answer questions so as to maintain as orderly a forum as possible.  All four of us moderators will indeed try to help where and when we can.  PM us and you'll find that out.  But we can't handle every issue, we all work day jobs, have families, and mod, so the 30 spare minutes or so a day that we devote to moderating is never going to be the life line that you are expecting.  Sorry.