Boris solves HDT Spasms/twitch and Stretch issues?

buglover

Reposting a comment I made at the Nexus regarding Boris Vorontsov's latest memory-management improvements for ENBoost, primarily because I thought this was WAY more relevant here.

I'm VERY curious if other LL users of HDT/TBBP etc. have the same results as I did using the latest ENBoost, so please respond here if you decide to try his updated ENBoost.

Quoting myself...

"Normally, TBBP/Havok on NPC/Player bodies starts freaking out on me when there are more than a few actors in the cell with it enabled on them. Breasts/butt start jiggling at high speeds, twitching and in some cases stretching out into infinity. VERY annoying and completely immersion shattering. Based on forum posts about the subject, it seems a common problem with many users, and not just with bodies but HDT hairs and such. I found no solution after much research.

This problem appears to be ENTIRELY fixed with this Update. I mean it--the problem is GONE, at least in my game.

I used MHIYH to get 30 females with TBBP all in The Bannered Mare, removed all items with the console from every NPC in there (roughly 40) and not a SINGLE spasm, twitch or stretch to be seen. FIXED."

End Quote

Bug

I've never had this issue. You're probably running skyrim over 60fps which causes weird shit. 

Nope. Locked at 55 FPS.

Right, I think it's a common prob. I've only got a GTX780 and quite sure I don't hit 60.

This is very interesting, as well as good news! Sadly, however, I'm not sure how to integrate it correctly as I use RealVision, which has ENBoost built in, so I'm not sure what to change and what not too in enblocal.ini.  Ugh...  I hate being stupid.  Stopping HDT hair (as well as boobs) from twitching would be great.

I've never had this issue. You're probably running skyrim over 60fps which causes weird shit. 

Nope. Locked at 55 FPS.

Right, I think it's a common prob. I've only got a GTX780 and quite sure I don't hit 60.

This is very interesting, as well as good news! Sadly, however, I'm not sure how to integrate it correctly as I use RealVision, which has ENBoost built in, so I'm not sure what to change and what not too in enblocal.ini.  Ugh...  I hate being stupid.  Stopping HDT hair (as well as boobs) from twitching would be great.

The only thing you have to change is two lines in enblocal.ini and grabbing the new 303 enb binary dll, thats it.

in enblocal just add these lines

[THREADS]

DataSyncMode=2

PriorityMode=3

you'll probably see it soon if u have hdt covering a few followers or npcs in an area. every single person i've know that uses hdt gets it eventually. i've been using this lately and it works well...

it's helped alot w/ the hdt stretching. especially using the helmet for hairs...

http://blog.livedoor...s/36783080.html

it was recommended in this mod...

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/61958/?

it'd be great if this newest enb can solve the issues tho!!!

so i guess the enboost stopping the stretching thing was wrong? just placebo mistake?

Don't know why you say that. Numerous people have chimed in to say that the newest ENB (.303) solved those issues. The only remaining issue is when an actor teleports for whatever reason--You'll see the stretching appear, pointing to the previous location the actor was at.

For example, tell a HDT equipped follower to stay in Whiterun, then go outside and summon them with AFT (or similar)--You will see stretching pointing towards Whiterun. BUT, the effect is gone within a couple of seconds.

Think Star Trek Teleporter--You get to see the "bits" flying in as they reassemble.

Compared to all the OTHER issues (twitching/spasm/invisible follower, etc) which appear to be fixed, this last remaining one is trivial.

If you still have stretching at other times, you still have memory management issues--follow Boris' advice to the tee.

Nope. Locked at 55 FPS.

If you ar using RealVision with MO just open the mod folder and edit the enblocal.ini there.

I personally edited both my enblocal.ini files, the one in RL and the one in my Skyrim directory just to be sure but I think the one in RL is ignored anyway as MO handles only the DATA folder.

Did not tried the new values yet but I had a lof of HDT issues so I will update with new values and let you kno if that fixed anything...

Nope. Locked at 55 FPS.

The only thing you have to change is two lines in enblocal.ini and grabbing the new 303 enb binary dll, thats it.

in enblocal just add these lines

[THREADS]

DataSyncMode=2

PriorityMode=3

Been there, done that. :)

i am not sure if it is my keyboard but sometimes fps limiter turns itself off by itself. and when i hit shift enter i need to turn it back on. anyone know what causes that ??

Look in enblocal.ini and you will see some hotkeys listed. One of them toggles the limiter on/off. Unless you make that file read-only, the enb executable will re-write these settings back into the enblocal.ini file.

My guess is that you have a hotkey for something else tied to that same hotkey, and every time you use it you're accidentally toggling the limiter. Probably Jaxonz Positioner if you're using it.

It is easier to change whatever else is using the hotkey rather than trying to change the enb hotkey.

You might actually have more than one conflicting hotkey--F4 is used by enb to purge VRAM of previously loaded data, like the last cell you were in. Took me FOREVER to figure out why my auto-save function key(F4) was locking up the game for 10-15 seconds. It was simply sharing the same button.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, this would explain why some of my saves ended up corrupted--they were made with that hotkey and ENB was purging VRAM at the same time that the game was saving. Sheesh.

you'll probably see it soon if u have hdt covering a few followers or npcs in an area. every single person i've know that uses hdt gets it eventually. i've been using this lately and it works well...

it's helped alot w/ the hdt stretching. especially using the helmet for hairs...

http://blog.livedoor...s/36783080.html

it was recommended in this mod...

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/61958/?

it'd be great if this newest enb can solve the issues tho!!!

HA! That follower's description even states she can become invisible (re: my "invisible follower"  thread)!  boy, I hope this works! Thanks Mook!

i am not sure if it is my keyboard but sometimes fps limiter turns itself off by itself. and when i hit shift enter i need to turn it back on. anyone know what causes that ??

Look in enblocal.ini and you will see some hotkeys listed. One of them toggles the limiter on/off. Unless you make that file read-only, the enb executable will re-write these settings back into the enblocal.ini file.

My guess is that you have a hotkey for something else tied to that same hotkey, and every time you use it you're accidentally toggling the limiter. Probably Jaxonz Positioner if you're using it.

It is easier to change whatever else is using the hotkey rather than trying to change the enb hotkey.

You might actually have more than one conflicting hotkey--F4 is used by enb to purge VRAM of previously loaded data, like the last cell you were in. Took me FOREVER to figure out why my auto-save function key(F4) was locking up the game for 10-15 seconds. It was simply sharing the same button.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, this would explain why some of my saves ended up corrupted--they were made with that hotkey and ENB was purging VRAM at the same time that the game was saving. Sheesh.

Thanks i did not see it was using home. as hotkey i always use home and end in mcm menu to quickly move from begining to end. also mcm itself is using home allot so i will have to chenge that key, that is why it was disabling.

Archived