Modern start [Idea/request/suggestion/dream]

Thelargir

I came across the "Ather suite" mod, not too long ago, which introduces a whole set of modern/sci-fi looking areas, including a prison/mental hospital

and it gave me an idea for a alternate beginning/quest-mod that I think would be awesome, but it would probably take a lot of work.

Preview:

Mod can be found here: http://mod.dysintropi.me/welcome-to-the-aether-suite/

The idea is based mainly around a female character, but a male could work also.

Idea:
You start out as a doctor/psychiatrist working at the institution. 

You are working the night shift, and except for a guard, there's no one else but you and the patients. 
Recently there was a new arrival who is very interesting. He seems to think that he is from another world, which he refers to as "Skyrim". He also claims to be a member of something called the "Psijic order", and that he came here for you, because Skyrim is being invaded by dragons, and you are the only one who can stop them. He has been very distressed, and saying that because he traveled through dimensions, he tore a small hole in the fabric of space and time, making it possible for other creatures to fall into this world, and that you need to come with him fast so that he can close the whole. 
He is obviously delusional, and the guards have just given him his sedatives. 
The guard says that he is going to do his rounds of the complex, to check that everything is in order. There's been some heavy rain recently, and the basement was partially flooded. 

After a little while you decide to go looking for the guard, because he should be back. When you go searching in the basement you find him lying dead in the water. And you hear a noise further down the corridor. When you go looking, you are attacked by a monster! (troll)

You have no weapons, and fleeing is the only option. (If you're not fast enough, Sexlab Defeat works nice here :D
When you go back up, you see the new patient standing there, dressed in some kind of robes. He does some kind of gesture and you see a flash of light, before everything goes dark. 
You wake up somewhere in the wilderness in Skyrim.

I don't expect anyone to actually go ahead and make this, but I'm allowed to dream, aren't I? :P 
Anyway, feel free to elaborate on the story if you have any ideas or suggestions. 

I second this. Though why someone from our world would have dragon blood I don't know. But a few of my characters are from outside Nirn; one from Fallout and two more from our Earth.

Maybe the character isn't dragonborn in the truest sense, but has the potential to understand the dragons better or something.

sounds like rather than a mod for skyrim you're looking for a background story quest with a modern theme leading to skyrim: sounds good, maybe could also add fallout themed start as well for those players interested in fallout

I second this. Though why someone from our world would have dragon blood I don't know. But a few of my characters are from outside Nirn; one from Fallout and two more from our Earth.

sounds interesting, any liniks I could try those out

sounds like rather than a mod for skyrim you're looking for a background story quest with a modern theme leading to skyrim: sounds good, maybe could also add fallout themed start as well for those players interested in fallout

I'd love to give you a link but I've never tried exporting my characters before. I'll take a look around LL to see if they have any guides to it.

I'd love to give you a link but I've never tried exporting my characters before. I'll take a look around LL to see if they have any guides to it.

cool

Archived