[WIP] Shezzarine: The Fate Of Tamriel

I've added a few simple scripts that makes the dialogues more realistic. For instance, if you didn't have Onmund with you when you accepted the emperor assassination contract, he shouldn't know until you did the job.

Added a new branch for Onmund about having kids.

Noticed how wrong it was when I spotted the sentence in the Demo section: "(the demo) which is about 1/5 of Onmund's story."

It's less than 1/50 now. Deleted wrong information.

I've added a few simple scripts that makes the dialogues more realistic. For instance, if you didn't have Onmund with you when you accepted the emperor assassination contract, he shouldn't know until you did the job.

Noticed how wrong it was when I spotted the sentence in the Demo section: "(the demo) which is about 1/5 of Onmund's story."

Wow, less that 1/50 of the story? This sounds like it'll be huge! How much longer do you think you've got before you're done with Onmund?

Wow, less that 1/50 of the story? This sounds like it'll be huge! How much longer do you think you've got before you're done with Onmund?

The earliest estimated time of the final product's release is in the 3rd to 4th quarter.

• 4 weeks later...

I've rewritten the existing Onmund main quest. The original was too simple and lacked depth, and most of all, it didn't provide much choice for the player; now it should be much better.

I've also gained permission to use Lucas King's music in the mod. I really like what he did, hopefully you guys will as well.

• 3 weeks later...

So, actually I've paused the project since late January, at least on the solid stuff on CK. I will resume the project in early May and fully dedicate myself to this mod by then.

I also plan to learn making places in CK during May, as this mod requires new places. Realized that no one with relevant skill is going to help me on this, so I have to do this myself. Didn't have time to do it, but when I do, I'll make sure it functions well. The CK experience earned in this mod can help me make the Fallout 4 story mod.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm deciding whether or not to make separate main mod and DLC patch. I doubt many people still haven't got all of the DLCs.

That being said, I'd add DLC content in the mod and list USLEEP as a requirement, instead of USKP.

I want your opinions on this matter.

I'm deciding whether or not to make separate main mod and DLC patch. I doubt many people still haven't got all of the DLCs.

That being said, I'd add DLC content in the mod and list USLEEP as a requirement, instead of USKP.

I want your opinions on this matter.

In my honest opinion, I believe most people should have the DLCs already, skyrim's been out for quite a while now...and, giving it some more thought, it'd be great to keep it in one piece because that would mean only one esp.(I think) It's great for those of us getting dangerously close to the 250 esp limit. ><

Oops, just realized I could go an easy way to do all those disposition/romance scripts. Silly me, though I ain't gonna bother with the existing complicated ones.

Esp's using all DLCs as masters now.

As a matter of fact, when I'm free while I can't use computer, I'd grasp the time to write the lines on paper. In these several days, I'm moving a dozen of pages of lines (several hundreds of lines, my goodness), and proofread them during which. Some new ideas were developed while some were abolished as I move the lines to CK.

Some of the lines I wrote are quite... twilight-ish, just like how SRM was (and probably is). I'm glad I discover the matter and make correction before it is too late. I plan on writing a grim, frustrating, serious and sad story, not a love tale for teenage girls.

There's still not much sex content in the mod, and I doubt there'd be much; but as I said, sex won't be the major component of this mod, instead, it would be the interaction between you and your follower, with sex being a plus.

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated the progress list, Dark Brotherhood, commentary and some other stuff are having good progress - except romance. I've rewritten the romance arch for a dozen of times just for refinement and to make it sound more real and sad. At this point I've got the most concrete and applicable concepts and will work on it as soon as I can.

If any of you have spotted it, I've changed the main story progress from 50% to 40% and it might be 30 or even 20% some weeks later. The main quest of Onmund has become tremendous and world-shaking, to a point that it alters Tamriel's history and its worldview. New ideas keep incoming so even more epic stuff is guaranteed. Can't spoil for much here, but it has something to do with Shezzarine, Magnus and the ultimate war of et'Ada, plus the fate of the empire and the Aldmeri Dominion.

Hell, I seriously don't know if I can rewrite another follower with this kind of scale. Maybe the other followers will serve as minor and secondary roles. Let me give an example... Take DAI as an example, Onmund is somewhat like Solas and the other followers would be as significant as Vivienne and Cole etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the way to 3000 and even more...

(Actually, I've already reached 3000 because there's another character that has several hundreds of lines)

Oops, spotted some typo. Guess it'll be a whole week of proofreading when I'm done with the writing.

post-125170-0-91712700-1465927348_thumb.jpg

Long time no see, Skyrim. I was getting back to the game recently and that means back to Lover's Lab as well. Then I was checking the threads I was following and I was glad to see that this project is moving on. Really lack of depth on male followers these days.

As they say: move along Lord Commander, good news.

After tomorrow my little 3-days-break will be over and I'll get back to this mod's work.

Someone offers to help me on the romance story, I appreciate the offer. After all, I'm the best in writing adventures and backstory but could never match a professional in romance. Being a super nerd myself I pretty much have no experience in dating girls; everything about romance, I learn from Dragon Age and Game of Thrones (fuck Twilight).

During these 3 days I got back to the Wasteland and simply gained a bunch of new ideas for both this Skyrim mod and a Fallout 4 mod in plan. Seems work is with me wherever I am.

I've decided that I'll rewrite a total of 3 followers, Onmund included. Their stories will be interlocking in a single questline, but Onmund is the most important one among the 3. Think of the situation as DAO, with Onmund being Alistair (directly related to main story) and the other 2 being Zevran and Leliana. The 2 aside from Onmund are not very significant in the main story, but romanceable, and still rich in content; at least 1000 lines for each is guaranteed.

Since Onmund is a mage himself, the rest would be archer and warrior.

The main story has been expanded to DLC size, and I'm starting to wonder if "Follower Rewritten" is enough to describe what this mod does. Perhaps soon, better vanilla followers would become only one of the features of the mod, but not the key concept. Since this mod's scale has been exponentially expanded, the release time of this mod would be delayed to the next year unless assistance on CK and scripts are acquired. I can write and brainstorm ideas fast, but handling technical work has never been my best ability.

An extract of a quest note in the main storyline, for your curiosity.

4. Mortal Knowledge
Summon Lo'deri; Lo'deri knows a vanilla follower who knows something about reading the scroll, this vanilla follower is an archer.
Go to a castle that imprisoned a dragon whose pursue for the scroll's knowledge led him to the trap laid by Hermaeus Mora's cult, eras ago. New follower is the son of that cult's leader, their relationship is bad.

Choices: 
1. DLC2 main quests or Oghma Infinium quest completed - venture the dungeon without engaging hostile
2. Bring an item
3. Answer historical or arcane questions to cultist to show them you're knowledgeable, thus allowed safe entry
4. Fight through the end of castle
5. In the courtyard where cultists don't turn hostile yet, find the dirty secret of cult leader's son
5a. intimidate son to allow you safe entry, with restriction
5b. persuade cult leader with speechcraft check, without restriction
5bi. cult leader execute son
5bii. son banished so he can become your follower
5biii. son imprisoned for some days, after some days he becomes available for follower
5biv. persuade cult leader to pardon son, son available for follower

Go to dragon's chamber, dragon tells you how to read that scroll.

Choices:
1. Kill dragon, be rewarded by cult leader if cult live
2. Leave the dragon, nothing happens
3. Release dragon
3a. destroy the cult
3b. fool the cult by passing high speechcraft check, only valid if you have completed history/arcane test given by cult before
3c. kill dragon after releasing him, cult leader rewards you and gives bonus for your "bravery"
(If dragon is freed and lives, he teaches player a power like Solstheim stone that can summon him for once only)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey, just wanted to inform everyone that this mod has turned into completely something else. Romance is no longer a major part of this mod (but that doesn't mean its quality would be inferior to what was intended); the questline now focuses heavily on the player and their choices, and the dark, unknown part of Nirn's lore.

Lovecraftian element is going to play a major role in my mod.

• 4 years later...