Idea: "Sex World" mod

halieslade

I was thinking last night about a text-only MUD I once played years ago that was centered around a gritty, post-apocalyptic world of sin and corruption.  I played the role of a drug addicted prostitute and even had a pimp.  Others took the roles of gangsters, hit men, black marketeers, drug pushers, etc.  It was a totally seedy and perverted virtual world but a whole bunch of fun (even after getting stabbed in a dark alley once!).  The cities had no law enforcement so anything could and did happen.

You can probably see where I'm going with this.  It would be amazing to have a world in Skyrim, perhaps some distant island, where you could roleplay something like this.  It would work for male or female and it would have sex, violence, drugs, and no guards.  All the fun stuff :)

Obviously it would be a gigantic project requiring at least a small team of modders.  And in view of the time required, I think it should also be one of those huge mods that ask for a donation -- I, for one, would be totally willing to pitch in some money to play a mod like this.  I would never expect this kind of time committment to be free for the modders.

How much interest would there be in a kind of quasi-DLC that features SexLab deviance and perversion on a city-wide basis? 

I feel like this is the description of Fallout after getting sex mod loaded in. :P

Pretty much.  What I envisioned, though, was a crumbling, decrepit cityscape.  Maybe with fog.  Street beggars.  Bums, thugs, galore.  A dangerous place to be.  The quest possibilities would be boundless I think (at least they were in the MUD I played).  There would be open warfare between small sects and the PC could be caught in the middle, captured & recaptured or hiding in the shadows to backstab her enemies or using her body to stay alive.

I'm not sure but I believe the MUD was "Edge of Darkness" - I do know it was based loosely on White Wolf's "World of Darkness".  So, Vampires.

The idea itself isn't bad, but I agree with Delzaron.

This is about adding more quest and systems.

About the location I suggest to rethink the whole thing in a smaller way:

-Riften

-Windhelm (adding an undercity)

Are adequate location for such things (for lore-friendly Riften is better, but Windhelm is more scenic)

Maybe a macro-quest that force the city in a quarantine for "reasons", or (more lore-friendly) a City Block caused by the Civil war

I give you an example:

Windhelm, Civil war, the City couldn't be taken by a siege and General Tullius decide to make a block of the city and wait for a surrender

No supplies, no exits, nothing, the dragonborn stucked in here for reasons (A wound that let him/her unconscious when the city get blocked with him/her inside) and a fast degradation of the city (aestethic and social), some factions, quest, Etc etc etc...

Even like this is a HUGE work:

All the quest, various systems, building, adding cathacombs, sewer, tunnel...

But it could be done and the results should be intresting...

Anyway this requires a team of modder and a lot of cooperation

Modifying Vanilla cities is a purge... I tried this with FTD, qnd I dont want to redone it.

@Halieslade

In fact; I already think about an idea like yours, for my BaalIi project.

- A new city in a small world.

- Slavery, like Volantis or Meren.

- Different slaves jobs : brothel whore, butcher, crop worker, arena warrior, tc...

- Player will be enslaved in one of this places.

- A quest line for progresing as a slave, and to joint the city masters faction (like the good Bravil underworld mod for Oblivion).

This kind of work need to be brainstormed :

- lore friendly ?

- the team. Its need lot of people...

For decaying a vanilla city, you should read this text :

http://lesurvivaliste.blogspot.fr/2012/03/bienvenue-en-enfer.html

It's what happens in the real life...

Depends about the general vision:

If you think about a medieval theme, quarantine and siege are good to isolate specific location.

About the specific location:

Windhelm have the gray quarter and is labyrinthine, with goos opportunity about vertical development, but need underworld, and the wheater could be problematic, is more "U.r.s.s. invasion", but yeah, too cold probably, every post-apocalypse brothel lost something without half-naked whores on the streets :P

Riften it has underworld (that need expansion) but is small and too "plain" (but it has the three factions: Black-briar faction, Jarl faction, Thief faction)

Anyway a project like that will require a good team

3 good brainstormer

Two builder (at least)

Story Master

One/two scripter

etc...

Technically I would think instead of modifying a city, try to extend a hold that is a cell by itself is probably going to be a decent choice. So Whiterun, Markarth, Solitude, Riften, and Whidhelm.

You can then extend the cell on its own or introduce a "door way" that lead to the seedy part of town.

Archived