View File

Wear one of these rings and your character can walk around nude.

If you can have nude NPC's, why not a nude character for yourself? Because various NPC's will keep saying things like "You've got no clothes".

Essentially, these rings act as clothes/armor for the body. This means you can still wear gauntlets, boots and other items.

Ring of Nude Clothing

This ring simply acts as body (torso) clothing. It is visible as a ring on your character.

(Weight: 0, Value: 0, Armor: 0)

Ring of Nude Armor

This ring acts a body (torso) armor. The game thinks it is a light armor steel cuirass, but it shows in game as a ring on your character.

(Weight: 0, Value: 0, Armor: 990)

HOW TO INSTALL

The simplest way it so use Nexus Mod Manager (or whatever you may have on hand).

Otherwise, simply unzip the archive so the ESP file is in your data directory.

HOW TO GET THEM IN GAME

METHOD 1

Head over to Riverwood (near Whiterun) and enter the Riverwood Trader. You'll find two rings on the corner of the counter. Take whichever one you like. Both are free.

METHOD 2

Open a console (with the single back-quote key). Type HELP "Ring of Nude". A list with the two rings will be be shown along with the Object ID's for them. Decide which one you want. Type "player.additem <objectid> 1". Close the console and you should now have your selected ring in your inventory, ready to wear.

REQUIREMENTS AND COMPATIBILITY

* Skyrim (duh!)

* Update 1.9 (the latest and greatest)

Skyrim seems to allow only one ring to be worn at a time, so you'll have to manage the wardrobe yourself. I've seen some mod that allows multiple rings/amulets, but have not tested it.

DISCLAIMER

I have used these rings with all DLC's installed and found no problems. Your mileage may vary. Do not pass go. Void where prohibited. By using this mod, you agree to not sue me or anyone: Even if your cat swallows your canary, or you develop an ingrown forehead, or any other calamity.

DISTRIBUTION

Feel free to use this any way you like, with only one restriction: DO NOT PUT THIS MOD ON ANY PAYSITE, or your gizzard may get ripped out, your entrails may become your extrails and you may undergo spontaneous combustion....then I'll get medieval.

NOTE: This is my first attempt at modding. It should work fine, but I only spent a whole 5 minutes with the Creation Kit. I am well aware the screenshots here show a pregnant character...after all, I let it happen :blush:

This is a good idea, will test and come back here, good job and nice touch on: "Feel free to use this any way you like, with only one restriction: DO NOT PUT THIS MOD ON ANY PAYSITE, or your gizzard may get ripped out, your entrails may become your extrails and you may undergo spontanteous combustion."

This is a good idea, will test and come back here, good job and nice touch on: "Feel free to use this any way you like, with only one restriction: DO NOT PUT THIS MOD ON ANY PAYSITE, or your gizzard may get ripped out, your entrails may become your extrails and you may undergo spontanteous combustion."

By all means, please let me know how it works for you!

Everything seems fine by now, but just an observation, on the disclaimer you made a slight mistake "You're mileage may vary." I guess that it's "your" instead of "you're", but please don't take this as an offense, I'm not trying to bash, just to point :D (btw I'm not a native and I often make mistakes myself ><)

Everything seems fine by now, but just an observation, on the disclaimer you made a slight mistake "You're mileage may vary." I guess that it's "your" instead of "you're", but please don't take this as an offense, I'm not trying to bash, just to point :D (btw I'm not a native and I often make mistakes myself ><)

I'm glad to hear the rings seem to be working!

The mistake has been fixed, along with a few others. It was about 3 a.m. when I wrote everything.  :sleepy:

Why do you need a ring instead of simply unequipping the armor?

From the description near the top: Because various NPC's will keep saying things like "You've got no clothes".

Decent idea, tho could you make rings based on armor types, haven't tried it yet but seeing as the ring gives 999 armor, just kinda breaks things for me. For instance a few rings with armor values of 50-300.

I will certainly consider it, if there are enough requests. Or, maybe I'll create a few that act as 3 or 4 types of armor.

Love this idea!

Some suggestions ... I don't know if this is possible though ...

1. create cloth, light armour (leather), heavy armour (steel) versions
2. make them craftable at a forge (?)
3. make the temperable (?)
4. make them enchantable (?)

Thanks!

UPDATE

I took my own suggestions and with the help of the OP's mod made a set of rings.

Description
A Sliver Ring that lets you get back to nature in full glory. Feel the breeze and the blood on your skin as you battle your enemies as the gods (and modders) intended!

Required

Skyrim.esm

Details

Name: Silver Ring of Naked Cloth

Armor Rating: 0

Name: Silver Ring of Naked Light Armor

Armor Rating: 26 (Based of Leather Armor)

Name: Silver Ring of Naked Heavy Armor

Armor Rating: 31 (Based off ArmorSteelCuirassB)

Craft: Yes (Misc section at Forge)

Cloth: 1 Silver ingot

Light: 1 Silver ingot + 1 Leather Strip

Heavy: 1 Silver ingot + 1 Steel ingot

Temper: Yes (Workbench)

Cloth: N/A

Light: 1 Silver ingot

Heavy: 1 Silver ingot

Enchant: Yes

Cloth: as per normal

Light: as per normal

Heavy: as per normal

File: QR Rings Of Naked Armor.esp

Feel free to do as you want with this!

QR Rings Of Naked Armor.7z

Love this idea!

UPDATE

I took my own suggestions and with the help of the OP's mod made a set of rings.

Description

A Sliver Ring that lets you get back to nature in full glory. Feel the breeze and the blood on your skin as you battle your enemies as the gods (and modders) intended!

I guess you saw just how simple my mod was! Almost brain-dead...

I never would have thought about making them craftable/enchanted/etc. Now, I'll have to look at YOUR mod to see how you did it :lol:

btw, thanks for making yours silver instead of gold. Avoiding conflicts is always nice :D

Love this idea!

UPDATE

Description

I guess you saw just how simple my mod was! Almost brain-dead...

I never would have thought about making them craftable/enchanted/etc. Now, I'll have to look at YOUR mod to see how you did it :lol:

btw, thanks for making yours silver instead of gold. Avoiding conflicts is always nice :D

No worries :)

I never thought of doing anything like this before, never even occurred to me to use rings.

As for the silver ring ... my characters & silver rings seem to have this thing, yah know :P

• 2 weeks later...

Made some tweaks & changes - new file updated in previous post.

- Easier to fine in CK - search *All* for "QR_"

- Shortened the names (turns out they were way too long)

The cloth version may seem a bit redundant as you can just take off your dress/robe ... but you can't enchant your skin so the cloth ring does come in handy for that :P

It's also a blast running around in a tavern dress but getting the protection of steel armor :D

Looks are very important /nod