Old SexoutNG versions

asdf0

Because of SexoutNG's lack of backwards compatibility, i.e. some abandoned mods that were compatible with the old version don't work with the latest version. Something to do with SexoutNG reorganising the script structure, I think. If you open SexoutNG in GECK you'll see that some scripts are completely empty; there used to be code there that is now somewhere else and some very old mods seem to rely on those scripts being in the right place.

The part that the problem is the missing script files is me guessing, the part that it's got something to do with lack of backwards compatibility is pretty much fact since updating to a newer version is definitely what caused the problem.

The problem itself is that animations aren't playing anymore, and in the console I get this error message: "You picked a classic animation but made an NG call. Please use an NG animation for 0 anim."

I had made a thread about this previously where I got this advice:

Search through it for any "set Sexout.Anim to ..." and just delete any such lines from all scripts. That should get it using the random picker. Then be prepared for a bunch of other problems related to using such an old mod.

The mod in question is BrutalRapers, and since it worked fine with the previous version of SexoutNG I used, I thought reverting to that version would be the easiest fix.

The main download for sexout includes old versions of the ESM all the way back to 2.4.64. 2.6.81 (and 2.6.81r2) are both in there as well. They are automatically installed into the "SexoutNGBackups" directory in your DATA dir when the fomod is installed.

If you do what you're planning, almost none of the NEW mods are going to work. There are too many new features in sexout that the maintained mods are taking advantage of. So if that old and broken brutal rapers is the only sexout mod you want, go for it.

Archived