I've been battling bed bugs for almost a month now.

Kamen Rider Kuuga

I wouldn't recommend it, so do be sure to always be on the look out for the little bastards. You do not want an infestation, even if you catch it in the very early stages.

Put lavender in a spray bottle and spray down your sleeping area. Not even kidding. It works. I had bed-bugs in my old apartment.

That's only a temporary solution though. I'd call an expert in.

The thing is, I'm having an expert coming in for the third time on the 23rd. Two rounds of poison death and scrubbing everything I can get my hands on with bleach didn't manage to fully destroy these little fucks.

I hope this third time is the final nail in the coffin. I would kind of like to be able to put all of my shit away finally and get a new bed in my bedroom.

They are the worst frickin things on the damned planet. I moved into a friends house early last year to roommate and they had these things and didn't bother telling anyone. Suffice it to say I no longer have my nice, huge bed that had a double pillowtop. Yeah, I didn't live there long. All my stuffed animals and most of my clothes had to stay sealed in bags for 7 months.

When I was attacked and that asshat wanted me to pay half of the $1900 estimate for a problem that they already had I did tons of searches and researched my ass off. 

Diatamatious earth works. Google about it and bedbugs. Though you have to keep on top of it. You can purchase it at home depot or Lowes in the garden section for a literal fraction of the cost of 'experts' (Found out this is what they are using when they are laying down powder)

It's natural, and isn't directly harmful to you or pets, Don't breathe it in though. The way it works is the crushed fossils scratch and tear the surface of the exoskeletons causing them to dehydrate and die. Bleach doesn't do a damn thing and is actually more harmful for you.

Put one of those heavy duty bedbug wraps around your mattress and boxpring, and put clear packing tape (doublesided if you can get it) around the foot of each bedpost in a square pattern on the floor (don't tape the post because it'll provide hiding spots for the lil bastards). Once every couple days, remove the tape and lay down a fresh 'trap'. That dust works best if you can get it in a sqeeze bottle type thing (like a ketchup bottle)

post-433593-0-08152000-1413952624_thumb.jpg

And get it in ALL the nooks and crannies of your bedframe, headboard, dressers, cabinets, drawers; any outlets (open the face plate and carefully put it around it) any cracks, all the floorboards, corners, dust completely beneath your bed like you're seeding the lawn for spring lol. These fuckers can hide in any crack and their eggs live for 6 months to a year!. Don't vacuum up the stuff in the corners and posts, but once a day vacuum your floor to get up any eggs and dying buggers because they'll feed on eachother! and lay down more dust (It doesn't take much out in the open, it just kills the things that actually are in the open areas when they come across it.)

But like I said, you have to keep on top of it. Any clothes that you don't use and have hanging up need to be washed in the HOTTEST setting possible and the HOTTEST dryer setting possible (I used a laundry mat just to be sure lol) and sealed in bags and put somewhere away from the infestation (out in the garage on a shelf is a good idea) And you're not going to be able to keep your bed when all is said and done. :(

Me and my Wife had a problem when we moved into our first place many years ago. Our general census was to wash all of the bed sheets, quilts and air the pillows outside, before banging them thoroughly. Hoovered all of the floors, and any soft furnishings. Kept down the problem down until we moved out of that place, didn't happen with any other place. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived