Skyrim ctd's near whiterun and riverwood

Ghost

I've some ctd's atm and I dont know why they're coming. I've deleted all my savegames because I thought my savegames were damaged, but it wasnt this case.

I've my papyrus log, maybe you guys could figure out my problem.

[07/30/2014 - 03:44:54AM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[07/30/2014 - 03:44:54AM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[07/30/2014 - 03:44:54AM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)
[07/30/2014 - 03:45:04AM] Cannot open store for class "dlc1scwispwallscript", missing file?
[07/30/2014 - 03:45:05AM] Cannot open store for class "DLC2BenthicLurkerFXSCRIPT", missing file?
[07/30/2014 - 03:45:06AM] Cannot open store for class "zzEstrusTestEffectScript", missing file?
[07/30/2014 - 03:45:06AM] Cannot open store for class "AAFlyStorm", missing file?
[07/30/2014 - 03:45:09AM] error: Native static function PauseGame could find no matching static function on linked type aaaUDPlayerAliasScript. Function will not be bound.
[07/30/2014 - 03:45:09AM] error: Native static function IsGamePaused could find no matching static function on linked type aaaUDPlayerAliasScript. Function will not be bound.
[07/30/2014 - 03:45:09AM] Function PauseGame in the empty state on type aaaUDPlayerAliasScript does not exist. Function will not be flagged as callable from tasklets.
[07/30/2014 - 03:45:09AM] Function IsGamePaused in the empty state on type aaaUDPlayerAliasScript does not exist. Function will not be flagged as callable from tasklets.
[07/30/2014 - 03:48:28AM] VM is freezing...
[07/30/2014 - 03:48:28AM] VM is frozen
[07/30/2014 - 03:48:28AM] Log closed

Although not shown in the log, this sounds like the common predator script error to me.

Are you using any mods that alter the game start? Like something that skips helgen etc.

No I dont use any mods that change the start or anything about quests or location

Guess some mod fucks up the E3Demo stuff. That is between the standing stones and riverwood and between Riverwood and whiterun after the bridge.

Well I dont have any mods between these location. Only one armor mod. And yes the most ctd's are after the bridge near whiterun, the way up to the ritualstone.

Did you uninstall or update any mod recently? What about other locations, no problem, it is only near those places?

Did you run any script/save game cleaner after the CTD start to happen? 

I've deactivated many mods but I didnt deleted them, after this I've deleted my savegames and restarted the game from the beginning.

Before I've deleted my savegames, the game crashed in almost every town or city, but now with a cleansave, its only near riverwood and whiterun.

And no, I dont run any scripts or savegame cleaner before or after an ctd.

I had the blackscreen thing before too, but I have managed to fix it.

I've one mod that changes or better extended the breezehome in whiterun. (Breezehome fully upgradeable) But I dont think that this causes the ctd's.

If you are getting the CTDs from a new game, then I would recommend...:

• If you have too many inactive ESPs in the Data folder, that is theorized to cause a problem; this is why Wyre Bash had the Ghosting function which added a ".ghost" to the extension of unused ESPs
  • Checking if you have leftover .DLLs from deactivated mods. From what I understand DLLs do not depend on having the associated .esp active to be loaded
  • Uninstall all mods you added prior to first getting CTD, and re-add them one at a time. This is the slowest but most time-tested method of finding problems. TES5Edit might also help you.

A lot of mods are editing the E3Demo stuff, especially in the Worldspace Tamriel under Presistant. Even if they have nothing to edit there, when one modder was so clever and deleted them in their esp, and you have another one after that just have them in as identical to master dirty records your game is literally fucked, without yourself doing TES5Edit cleanups.

I found some "dirty edits" via Wrye Bash.

This is a report on your currently active/merged mods.

Mergebar

Following mods are active, but could be merged into the bashed patch.

•  7Base Remodeled Armor - Replacer - Dawnguard.esp

•  7Base Remodeled Armor - Replacer - Dragonborn.esp

Mods that need cleaning with TES4Edit

Following mods have identical to master (ITM) records, deleted records (UDR), or other issues that should be fixed with TES4Edit. Visit the TES4Edit Cleaning Guide for more information.

•  AllFemaleGuards.esp: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  Dawnguard.esm: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  Dragonborn.esm: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  HearthFires.esm: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  SoS - The Wilds.esp: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  Update.esm: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

WARNING: Fehlende/Zeitversetzte Masterdateien

•  Dawnguard.esm

•  ZEITVERSETZT (Time-delayed) Update.esm

•  Dragonborn.esm

•  ZEITVERSETZT Update.esm

EDIT:

Now I know how TES5Edit works but how do I know that the things I change or delete doesnt break my whole game ?

Or at all, how can I find out which mod is causing the ctd's ?

If you need my load order, here it is.

• Dawnguad.esm
  • Dragonborn.exm
  • Hearthfires.esm
  • hdtHighHeel.esm
  • ApachiiHair.esm
  • LootandDegradation.esp
  • SkyUI.esp
  • XFLMain.esm
  • DragonCombatOverhaul.esp
  • DragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.esp
  • The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
  • FNISspells.esp
  • XFLDialogue.esp
  • XFLPlugins.esp
  • Master The Space-Time Continuum
  • Mannequin.esp
  • CrainteVomir.esp
  • DragonboneBarbarianArmor.esp
  • EK_RingLimiter.esp
  • Sindragosa.esp
  • daedric remodeled.esp
  • DaedricCrossbow.esp
  • DaedricCrownCraftable.esp
  • ESPv1_1.esp
  • dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
  • dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Reduced.esp
  • dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
  • dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
  • Feminine Females.esp
  • ViceroyInquisitor.esp
  • RaceMenu.esp
  • NewStyleEyes.esm
  • Animated Dragon Wings.esp
  • More Draconic Dragon Aspect - Powered Edition.esp
  • More Draconic Dragon Aspect - Wings and Tail.esp
  • 7Base Remodeled Armor - Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
  • ThunderBirdArmor.esp
  • UltimateDragons.esp
  • RaceMenuPlugin.esp
  • 7Base Remodeled Armor - Replacer.esp
  • 7Base Remodeled Armor - Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
  • DragonCrownCraftable.esp
  • DragonPlateCrownCraftable.esp
  • EbonyCrwonCraftable.esp
  • ElvenCrownCraftable.esp
  • Skyrim Shadow Striping Fix.esp
  • GlassCrownCraftable.esp
  • BlacktalonArmorV11UNP.esp
  • TERAArmors.esm
  • Lethal Majesty.esp
  • Housecarlsrevamp.esp
  • Mehrune's Razor Remodeled.esp
  • numenume Hair.esp
  • Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
  • AzarHair.esm
  • BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
  • Serana.esp
  • SGEyebrows.esp
  • Silverlight Armor.esp
  • zzEstrus.esp
  • Sounds of Skyrim - The Dungeons
  • Neithteam Warpaint.esp
  • armored-horses.esp
  • SoS - The Wilds.esp
  • Tera Val Tirkai - UNPB BBP.esp
  • Realistic Piecing Arrows
  • ConjureFemaleDremora.esp
  • Run For Your Lives.esp
  • FrostBite Armor.esp
  • P1FlyingRIng.esp
  • BarbarianExplorer.esp
  • FullMetalBikini.esp
  • When Vampires Attack.esp
  • Ancient Skyforge Armor.esp
  • BFPU Orcish Armor.esp
  • GDZZJJDH.esp
  • Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
  • UNPB Barbarian Armor.esp
  • Veteran Nord Plate.esp
  • Jin Seo Yeon's Outfit.esp
  • NudeYngvildSpirits.esp
  • GattiBondage0.esp
  • Witch Elf Armour.esp
  • Breezehome_Fully_Upgradable.esp
  • Hentai_mixed_Armor.esp
  • WestWindAssault.esp
  • AradiaRogueArmor.esp
  • runesword stormbringer.esp
  • Special Eyes.esp
  • Reload's Katanas.esp
  • Ghosu - Auriel.esp
  • VampireLeatherArmorSet.esp
  • FlemethArmor.esp
  • Latex Armor.esp
  • Strap.esp
  • Bashed Patch, 0.esp
  • Badass Alduin.esp

Deactivated Mods:

• AllFemaleGuards.esp
  • ASX_Spells.esp
  • Beards.esp
  • Better Dynamic Snow.esp
  • Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
  • dovastrunmahholl.esp
  • EdhildilsWitchDoctor.esp
  • Giantess.esp
  • gore.esp
  • HDT Havok Object.esp
  • HeavyMetal.esp
  • Hell Sword.esp
  • LightBladesArmor.esp
  • Magic of the Magna-Ge.esp
  • R18pn - lingerie Set.esp
  • SexLab Trainers.esp
  • SexLab.esm
  • SexLabAroused.esm
  • SexLabDangerousNights.esp
  • sextoys-calyps-2.esp
  • Silver Knight Armor (Special Ver)
  • sjel blad castle.esp
  • SkyMoMod.esm
  • Spectraverse -Increased Spell Power.esp
  • SPOA_shield.esp
  • SpousesENhanced.esp
  • Sword of the One Eyed Crow.esp
  • TERA Weapons.esp
  • ts_fetishwardrobe_characterbodysize.esp
  • ZaZAnimationPack.esm

I would advise running those two programs, just make sure to backup your save games first (it only affects saves, nothing else) and then try again, just to make sure it is a MOD or a corrupt save:

Save Game Script cleaner: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?

Save Game Cleaner: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31724/?

Read the instructions carefully.

I install/uninstall a lot of mods for testing purposes and this tool is very helpful. If the CTD persists, probably it Mod-related.

I would advise running those two programs, just make sure to backup your save games first (it only affects saves, nothing else) and then try again, just to make sure it is a MOD or a corrupt save:

I install/uninstall a lot of mods for testing purposes and this tool is very helpful. If the CTD persists, probably it Mod-related.

Are these tools neseccary if I started a whole new game with a completely new save game slot ? I deleted every other save game before I did this.

More or less I guess my saved character is clean.

Are these tools neseccary if I started a whole new game with a completely new save game slot ? I deleted every other save game before I did this.

More or less I guess my saved character is clean.

No, only for fixing saved games. If that happen with a new save, it is a Mod issue (or could be a memory CTD, but I guess you already know the right settings to avoid memory crashes).

One of the biggest problems in that area is a mod(s) that alters the encounter for the Companions, where the Giant is at the farm and you have to hustle to help kill it. That encounter is loaded on the path from Riverwood to Whiterun, so one possibility is a mod that alters some part of that scenario.

I encountered one debugging session for just that same CTD where the issue was an early version of Bestiality Extras that used a mesh for the Giant that was inappropriate for the vanilla skeleton from Skyrim .bsa files. Every time you would make the turn on the path where you would encounter the Imperial guards with a Stormcloak prisoner it would crash to desktop. Installing a proper skeleton for the new Giant Mesh cleared the CTD.

The other encounter that gets loaded on that path, is the one where if you walk close to the Carriage, the carriage driver will force-greet you with "Where do you want to go" or something like that. Early versions of Better Fast Travel had that issue.

One last possibility is the encounter with the Khajits, where they set up camp near  Whiterun just past the stables. Any mod that alters that scenario could also be the cause of your CTDs.

Even the Whiterun patrol guards (the ones that walk near the two bridges by the meadery) could have been altered by a mod. Less likely, though.

The way that the Skyrim engine works is that it preloads resources for adjacent cells, depending on direction faced, proximity and direction of travel. So, If you're going to Whiterun, check common encounters for that area, and if going to Riverwood, check encounters that would happen there.

Hope that helped a little.

EDIT:

Now I know how TES5Edit works but how do I know that the things I change or delete doesnt break my whole game ?

Or at all, how can I find out which mod is causing the ctd's ?

Tools like Wrye and LOOT use heuristics to check for potential problems. Lots of false positives are inevitable, so don't immediately try to fix things.

If a mod doesn't show a lot of reports as being buggy, it is probably okay and you are down to a mod conflict or system load issue. The latter could be a lot of things from not having a strong video card to not having a lot of memory to needing to defragment your hard drive.

Since you know approximately which areas are causing your CTDs, you can generally rule out any mod that doesn't do anything in the area. "anything" might, as pointed out in a post, mean edits to creature skeletons, not just map changes.

The safest way is to uncheck all your mods first and disable all unnecessary mod-installed .dlls . If the game is still working, start adding your mods back. You don't have to do this one at a time. Add a batch of "safe" ones and check. Add more and check... etc. As soon as you get a CTD, you can start narrowing it down to something in the last batch you added.

Once you find what caused the CTD, you can either dump it or try to fix it yourself (trickier, unless you know exactly what is causing the issue).

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

One of the biggest problems in that area is a mod(s) that alters the encounter for the Companions, where the Giant is at the farm and you have to hustle to help kill it. That encounter is loaded on the path from Riverwood to Whiterun, so one possibility is a mod that alters some part of that scenario.

I haven't looked at it in CK but I always thought it was a proximity issue. I've approached from the mountains, in a direction perpendicular to that road that goes by the farms. The companions get loaded first when I approach, then the giant pops in out of nowhere. You are obviously not supposed to see any of that magical popping-in, of course.

I haven't looked at it in CK but I always thought it was a proximity issue. I've approached from the mountains, in a direction perpendicular to that road that goes by the farms. The companions get loaded first when I approach, then the giant pops in out of nowhere. You are obviously not supposed to see any of that magical popping-in, of course.

Yeah, proximity in a way.

Skyrim engine takes into account direction of travel, direction faced and proximity to cell borders.

It then checks loaded mods to see what resources are required for smooth animation/transition.

(tries to prevent what you described with magical popping into existance, although that could be LOD)

For example, Schlongs of Skyrim will require number and sex of npc's in cell as well as current armor/clothing equipped, so those resources can be preloaded.

Random encounters like the three dudes who are drinking mead, the old orc, the schooma dealer, all have to be checked for.

The problem is when there is a serious resource conflict, Skyrim's error trapping sometimes isn't equipped to properly handle it and BAM - CTD. Sometimes you can go through the various logs to determine the conflict. Other times you have to think about what mods you have installed recently.

Or do trial and error disabling of mods to pinpoint which mod(s) are in conflict.

Sometimes I think the Skyrim engine was written by Microsoft . . . or a seven year old Orangutan with a blue crayon. 

Archived