Skin Gloss Technique I've Discovered!

SplitResonator

I'm sure some people already know this but, I was looking around on this Chinese modding site...That I now cant remember and I found something that literally made me scream in glee

I have been trying to get a good gloss effect with enb for so damn long and little did I know it was so simple!

here are the results:

post-295793-0-03699300-1398791152_thumb.jpgpost-295793-0-75208000-1398791158_thumb.jpgpost-295793-0-61935400-1398791163_thumb.jpgpost-295793-0-01474300-1398791172_thumb.jpgpost-295793-0-22330800-1398791176_thumb.jpgpost-295793-0-47728400-1398791183_thumb.jpg

sorry for the bad lighting, I have to go to work here soon and don't have much time to take good screenies,

I will write a tutorial once I get off work I will also post better sceenshots, I've added some Pics as an example of what I did in Nifskope to achieve this effect. yes its all done In Nifskope all you need is a wet skin texture go Into Nifskope and then edit the values in the pic I attached if you want glossy hands and head then the same applies with what you did to the body in Nifskope.

Yup its a nice and easy way to change glossiness. I have been using it since oblivion came out years ago so just a bit late to the party :P

In oblivion there was a tool where you could use auto change the glossiness of any armor with just a drag and drop.

So you could pretty much change the glossiness of 100 armors in a few seconds. Wish skyrim had that tool

But im sure its easy to miss for new people.

I change the glossinessfloat to 1000.0000 and then use the glosstech mod to gloss everything it gives the whole body super oily look instead of that chromey shiny look you get from just the glosstech.

Would you mind posting a screenshot?

well I was a bit excited about it...but I'll write that tut for the new people that don't know, it'll be a few till I can get a good one going....Just hauled around a whole bunch of crap at work today and then had to disassemble all sorts of CRT TVs today...(I work for an E-Recycler company) so I'm gonna need some time to relax

@ACanOfWin

Load up your player bodies/armors one at a time into nifskope and click the body then search below the highlighted line for BSLightingShaderProperty click the arrow to the left of it to get the drop down and change the number from whatever it is at to 1000.0000 that is max for gloss make sure to save as before closing it or it will not be changed. I then used the glosstech and set it to max for gloss.

post-25667-0-35826500-1398820225_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-85407600-1398820617_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-20835100-1398820637_thumb.jpg

Yeah oblivions gloss tool is great it can gloss anything armors outfits bodies if it has skin in them it will gloss those parts and things that do not have skin/body parts in them will get passed it has a ini file that you can change the gloss setting to whatever you want it at and drag and drop whole groups of nif files at one time. The only thing that it *doesn't* work on are heads as there is something different with them and those have to be done manually with nifskope and armors/outfits that have something wrong with them.

Glosstech should work on all bodies male or female. 

Yes it will. It will also do custom races that do not use the vanilla Malebody.nif or femalebody.nif files, but there is a few extra steps. The only problem I have with GlossTech is that if you don't cover the head as well, you get a stark contrast at the neck seam where the gloss ends, but if you do cover the head, the gloss can drown out subtle facial details like freckles, makeup and beauty marks. You have to experiment quite a  bit to find the range and set up you like, but its not too hard or time consuming.

Archived