BlueSky - canceled SexoutNG port

New post:

BlueSky is canceled. If someone else wants to take the time to port SexoutNG to Skyrim, you have my full support (such as it is, i'm really busy). I've been too busy with work and life lately to work on this, or on SexoutNG, but finally found some -- at least for today, probably some more this weekend.

The current situation WRT Skyrim, for me, is just unacceptable. I don't blame anyone here for the situation, many have worked very hard getting animations shoehorned into the game. I blame beth (et. al.) entirely. That said, I have lost interest in working on this mod until the situation is corrected. As functional as Fore's solution is, and despite the effort that has gone into it, it's simply not enough for me.

If Beth changes their tune and releases the tools we need to properly introduce new animations to the engine without having to modify existing files, I may return to the project if I can find the time. Until then, I'm devoting what limited modding time I have to other pursuits that will have greater payoffs with less aggravation.

- SexoutNG (New Vegas sex engine)

- NVSE Extender

- FOMM replacement, to be ready in time for FO4s release. Screw NMM.

Old post:

Just a placeholder for now, for BlueSky, my SexoutNG port to Skyrim, once the CK is out. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before it's available.

Nothing to see here yet. Move along. ;)

EDIT: 2012-Feb-12

Given the current BS situation with animations, and the impossibility of adding new ones, you guys are probably going to be waiting quite a while for this. I've updated the topic to make this fact clear.

To rant a bit, I'm so pissed off at beth about this that the only motivation I have to actually continue work on this project is the fact that I already paid for the game -- and since I bought it on steam, I cannot resell it or get a refund.

If they'd said this limitation would be present from the outset, I would never have purchased. I'm feeling pretty cheated right about now, to be honest. The game itself holds no actual interest for me, I only bought it for one purpose: to port SexoutNG to it and take that mod to the "next level" with the possibilities the new scripting language provides.

This project is now suspended indefinitely. I may pick it up again if this issue is addressed, either by Beth, or by the SKSE team who I believe to be our only hope outside of official support, given the situation.

Thanks for your time, and sorry I contributed to the hype of an already overhyped game.

It informs people that SexoutNG will ported. People may take interest, give suggestions or feel like collaborating within this framework. So it's useful if not very much.

Edit: Chaosrains, I see your point. I didn't pay much attention (in fact I had just ssen prideslayer, BlueSky and whammed into the thread) to the title. Sorry for the rash (and useless) response.

It informs people that SexoutNG will ported. People may take interest' date=' give suggestions or feel like collaborating within this framework. So it's useful if not very much.

[/quote']

See the problem I have with that is the topic says "Download and Support thread", so collaboration discussion doesn't quite fit. If anything, the title should be changed to something akin to "BlueSky Skyrim Port Announcement & Discussion".

That way people don't come in here expecting to see some content, only to be shown a placeholder, which will likely not see any content releases for quite some time, making the thread next to useless. If this is going to be a release thread, with some actual content, it should be in the downloads section; if it's going to be collaboration and discussion, it should be here with an appropriate title.

I'm not trying to sound like an ass, but, I mean... I'm just confused as to the logic here.

I'm looking forward to this. Prideslayer's work on Sexout was robust' date=' effective, and updated constantly. When the CK comes out, I anticipate a lot of magic happening!

[/quote']

Yep yep. Can't wait to see it happening. Bethesda sure is taking their fucking time to put out that CK.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I got my first notice of any replies to this thread, good grief. I'll take some time now to read it over. Sorry for misleading anyone, was just a placeholder. I thought the V0.0.0 would've made that obvious; what knucklehead would release a mod with a version like that? ;)

Ok so some thanks and one Grumpy Gus over the placeholder. Thanks for all the thanks, and Gus, it does say "V0.0.0" and "future download..." I created the thread as others have guessed; to let those who are interested that yes, I will be porting SexoutNG to Skyrim. Better to make the announcement before I have something people can download, in case others were contemplating doing the same thing.

Once it's available, it'll be put in the first post and updated as regularly as I can, just as SexoutNG is, and this will become a legitimate download thread, without the bogus version number or the word 'future'.

You've got my support! I don't have the time to work on anything major, but I can put together a plugin or two to get the ball rolling. Once the CK is out and you've got things going, let me know if there's anything specific you need/want. As long as the CK isn't too drastically different from the CS/GECK, putting together just about anything shouldn't be a big deal. Just no animations/modeling. You'll probably have to drag someone from New Vegas over here to make those.

You've got my support! I don't have the time to work on anything major' date=' but I can put together a plugin or two to get the ball rolling. Once the CK is out and you've got things going, let me know if there's anything specific you need/want. As long as the CK isn't too drastically different from the CS/GECK, putting together just about anything shouldn't be a big deal. Just no animations/modeling. You'll probably have to drag someone from New Vegas over here to make those.

[/quote']

Yup! Donkey is already getting practice and is excited about Skyrim, so I'm sure the animations will be coming pretty quickly. Going to take the help of modelers of course for the nude models and clothes.

If you want to start off with something simple like Lust that would probably help get the ball rolling on mods just fine, thanks!

Here's hoping there are changes in the CK though.. good changes. I'm still (stupidly, I know) a bit excited about the OOP stuff they claim to have added to the scripting language. Not as excited as I'd be if they changed the language out for python or C# or perl or hell.. anything else. But excited nonetheless. ;)

Not to sound like a total noob, but.. what is sexoutNG? i know sexout is a framework for fallout new vegas.. providing pretty much all the tools necessary to script various sexual quests/rape/etc.. is sexoutNG just an evolved form of it? if so this is exactly what i'm looking for >_> I've slowly been building a collection of assets (models/textures/animations) for skyrim to use for a quest i have planned out... won't bore people with the details until it's done.. but if so.. thank you. i'll try and make something deviantly wonderful using your framework.

._. if i can get the courage to post it here.. even writing in this thread is pushing the borders of my shyness.

Not to sound like a total noob' date=' but.. what is sexoutNG? i know sexout is a framework for fallout new vegas.. providing pretty much all the tools necessary to script various sexual quests/rape/etc.. is sexoutNG just an evolved form of it? if so this is exactly what i'm looking for >_> I've slowly been building a collection of assets (models/textures/animations) for skyrim to use for a quest i have planned out... won't bore people with the details until it's done.. but if so.. thank you. i'll try and make something deviantly wonderful using your framework.

._. if i can get the courage to post it here.. even writing in this thread is pushing the borders of my shyness.

[/quote']

Yes. Go to the Sexout forum here on LL, Sexout has been replaced by SexoutNG. I started off just wanting to add 3ways to Sexout, and ended up going much farther.

We're up to about 100 enabled animations, support for tons of creatures, global sex notification hooks that any mod can use, per-actor callbacks per sex act that can add items, cast a spell, start a conversation, or add an AI package.. and all kinds of other cool stuff.

If I can brag a bit, it's the most advanced 'sex framework' mod I'm aware of for any game on any engine. I'm hopeful I can really take it to the next level with Skyrim, if the new version of the scripting language is everything Beth has promised.

The sexoutNG thread is here. Open up the (really long!) spoiler to see the release history since I took over.

wow, you definitely weren't kidding... so building an actual branching questline using your framework should be fairly straightforward.. if i need something that doesn't yet exist, would you mind if i bugged you? (a feature or a function within engine, once of course everything gets released)

wow' date=' you definitely weren't kidding... so building an actual branching questline using your framework should be fairly straightforward.. if i need something that doesn't yet exist, would you mind if i bugged you? (a feature or a function within engine, once of course everything gets released)

[/quote']

It's extremely easy. Just build the quest as normal, and then add the sex in the appropriate places -- most easily done through the script blocks available in the dialog editor in the GECK.

Look at Tryouts (especially Legion) and SewerSlave for some ideas. Tryouts is probably the most advanced user of Sexout, but SewerSlave has a pretty intricate introduction to the quest as well as something approaching an actual quest progression.

None of the sexout mods are quite as advanced, in a quest sense, as the bigger oblivion mods like Lovers Bitch, Crowning Isle, or CLS, but they have a few years headstart in that department. There are also a few things lovers can do that Sexout can't, due to features in OBSE that aren't in NVSE, but of course the reverse of that is true as well.

Some are 'major' ish -- like getting crawling working in sexout is being a major pain in the ass. Others are minor, like the inability to switch out or add textures on the fly so no tattoos or 'persistant' cumstain effect.

No but tattoos could be added through appropriate clothing meshes... i haven't noticed any item that gets 'forced to stay on' a player, like say a collar, or bindings in vanilla yet.. that shouldnt be too much of a hassle though.. animation overrides for movement is a problem? well.. just 'animation overrides for specific instances or until a toggle is switched'? >_> that's unfortunate. hopefully it's less of a problem in skyrim, if not i can see if i can try and tackle that..

No but tattoos could be added through appropriate clothing meshes... i haven't noticed any item that gets 'forced to stay on' a player' date=' like say a collar, or bindings in vanilla yet.. that shouldnt be too much of a hassle though..

[/quote']

We're working on something in that regard, the issue there is a limited set of body slots they can be applied to, and the fact that you can only have one at a time. Not horrible by any means, but we... want more. :)

There are collars in vanilla that are forced to stay on the player, but they don't last forever. One example is the explosive collar the brotherhood of steel puts on you if you go to their hideout without Veronica as a companion. It only lasts the duration of a quest they give you, but adding items the player can't take off is very easy -- especially in a script, which allows you to put any item on any actor and make it 'permanent' from the players perspective.

LoversBitch adds the tattoos via an OBSE command that just hasn't made it to NVSE. I've thought of hacking on NVSE to try and add it myself if it doesn't get there eventually.

animation overrides for movement is a problem? well.. just 'animation overrides for specific instances or until a toggle is switched'? >_> that's unfortunate. hopefully it's less of a problem in skyrim, if not i can see if i can try and tackle that..

it's definitely a problem right now. The animations we have for crawling were taken from Lovers I think and just fixed to work with Fallout. They do work if you overwrite the default animations with them, but doing that just replaces them for sneaking, walking, or running.

When they're assigned at runtime however, I just can't seem to get it to work right. The idle one works fine, but the movement ones don't. I haven't spent a ton of time trying to get it figured out, but if you can, high-fives and beers all around. :)

I have no problems if anyone in Skyrim want's to clone Sexout Community Resources for use with BlueSky & Skyrim, It would make things a lot easier if New Spells, Formlists, Factions, Slavery assets, Pregnant & damaged versions of clothing, new NPC's, Creatures etc were in a Community Resource file.

I haven't brought Skyrim yet, but will probably once the CK is released. Then I hope to port PregnancyNG over as BlueSkyPregnancy :)