hdt.xml hdtPhysicsExtentionsDefaultBBP.xml difference?

xxsleepyxx

The DLL requires that in the same directory the hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml file exists.

It is thus the standard implemented breast physics.

Additional more features for the DLL can be created, for example Breat Collision.

For the DLL expects the paramater on HDT Havok Path.

In HDT Havok Path is the path to the xml that includes parameters for these features.

the longer name one, is automatically loaded up by the dll for a bounce effect.

The smaller name one usually contains the collision data for the female rigid bodies, this requires you to link the meshes to in nifskope to get the collision effects.

An all in one combines the jiggle data with the collision data into 1 file.

Originally the way it was set up was:

Old:

1. hdt.xml = deals with collisions for female, could be placed anywhere in the data folder (eg: character assets folder)  (file can be around about 180-190kb).

2. hdtm.xml = same as above but for male

3. hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml = deals with bounce/sway/movement for female only (needs to be put into the SKSE plugins folder)  (file can be around 60-80kb).

New:

1. hdt.xml = isn't really used any more as it has been now combined into the hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml

2. hdtm.xml = still the same as the original (but tbh best just putting that into the SKSE plugin folder too)

3. hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml = Combined with hdt.xml, now deals with both the bounce/sway/movement and collisions, (needs to be put into the SKSE plugins folder)  (file can be around 180-210kb)

So I am using version 10-24.

Do I need the hdt.xml or should I just link the bodies (well, head) to hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml ? and never use hdt.xml again? Ever.  :P 

Nope, since the 10-24 doesn't have the collision enabled. You'll need the hdt.xml for the collision to work. 

But if you have a 10-24 with the collision enabled (provided by blabba or stevierage), you can do what you say without problem. 

So I am using version 10-24.

Do I need the hdt.xml or should I just link the bodies (well, head) to hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml ? and never use hdt.xml again? Ever.  :P 

Nope, since the 10-24 doesn't have the collision enabled. You'll need the hdt.xml for the collision to work. 

But if you have a 10-24 with the collision enabled (provided by blabba or stevierage), you can do what you say without problem. 

hmm, can you give a link for that to give it a try please?

Here is blabba's, he's doing some other ones though right now and it looks like they'll be more adapted for collision. Do note that he has the belly collision enabled, which means you'd need an appropriate skeleton, I'm sure you already have it anyway. 
Here is Stevierage's, she edited blabba's xml and adapted it to SevenBase breast shapes, it should work for all kind of small boobs bodies. 

You'll need to link your femalehead.nif or your femalebodie_0 and _1 nifs to hdtPhysicsDefaultBBP.xml in nifskope following the setup guide. When it's done you can delete the hdt.xml, but if you want the malebodies to have collision enabled, you'll need to link hdtm.xml to the malebodies.nifs (or malehead) ! 

Here is blabba's, he's doing some other ones though right now and it looks like they'll be more adapted for collision. Do note that he has the belly collision enabled, which means you'd need an appropriate skeleton, I'm sure you already have it anyway. 

Here is Stevierage's, she edited blabba's xml and adapted it to SevenBase breast shapes, it should work for all kind of small boobs bodies. 

You'll need to link your femalehead.nif or your femalebodie_0 and _1 nifs to hdtPhysicsDefaultBBP.xml in nifskope following the setup guide. When it's done you can delete the hdt.xml, but if you want the malebodies to have collision enabled, you'll need to link hdtm.xml to the malebodies.nifs (or malehead) ! 

suddenly everything is falling to place.. Why the hell dont I read peoples nicks when I download stuff ?!  :dodgy:

I have been using Stevierages sdfsdfsdbefault.xml but my bodie was linked to hdt.xml, and trying to change the shape did not work. obviously !

Will give it a try right this time. one more thing pretty mush irelevant with this topic. With the above instaleld right, will belly colition work with the UNP bodie. (have Groovetama's skeleton)

btw i'm a he  :lol:, i thot the name would give it away Stevierage.

Also mine and blabba's are one and the same.

ps, i'm sure he will upload a better one soon.

I think i get it now.  The hdtPhysicsExtentionsBBP.xml is the one the .dll automatically uses while the hdt.xml is one kind of fakely implemented by linking the .nif to it.  Is this right?

Almost,

By default the hdtPhusicsExentionsBBP.xml does not have collitions in it. It will be around 80Kb. thus you need another file that has colitions in it. Thats where the hdt.xml and hdtm.xml come in. So you link those to the nif, to get the collitions. 

If your hdtPhusicsExentionsBBP.xml does have colitions, (it will be around 200kb) then you dont need the extra hdt.xml, you can link the nif to the hdtPhusicsExentionsBBP.xml. You will still need to link the male body to hdtm.xml though. 

Archived