Sexlab without steam

I recently brought skyrim for the ps3 but downloaded the pc version because i wanted mods. I noticed that their's an error using the
GenerateFNISforUsers.exe. It says... wrong steam directory. I thought this did not matter but after trying hundreds of times of reinstalling and using different mods just to see what does what. Ive come to the conclusion this is the error. Is their a way to install Skyrim Sexlab 1.20 framework and have proper animations without steam directory. Yes i download SkyUI and have the latest version of skyrim as well as skeleton models with the patch. People help thanks

Guest ThatOne

We can't provide support for pirated copies of the game. We don't know what's been done to them.

I believe you'll get the same response from Fore, if you asked him for support with it.

This isn't about whether pirating is "right" or "wrong". This is about practicality; when one hacks a game to remove it's dependency on Steam (and any other DRM), he modifies the exe file. That modification could very well be what's blocking your mods from working.

If you have your skyrim outside a steam directory FNIS will only show you an warning about it but it still works properly from what I know.

Try changing the game directory location, maybe then it will work.

Greetings.

Are you sure ... absolutly sure of that ?

I have a  steam folder in C .... but my Skyrim is not in "C" .

Mine is a DVD version , i've have installed  on another partition . In this partition threre is also another Steam folder ( created when validated by "Steam" ) . 

I read that FNIS requier Skyrim in "C" so i never  tried to install FNIS .

My Skyrim is not Updated  ( i don't play Skyrim since a few months)... i stopped all the updates since the version 1.7xx  or 1.8xxx  ( because Steam updates ruin  sometimes my own mods .... ) .

About Piracy : i don't think you can have an Updated Skyrim ( via Steam )  if you use an illegal version. 

Sometimes i cannot launch Skyrim  (  or TES5 ) , because i only use my computers with a restricted account  , and i need to launch it via an "Administrator " rights first.

One of these days i will try FNIS  ( and SKSE too ) if you are absolutly  sure  about what you said.

Skyrim is the only "Steam" game i have ... and it is also the last ... when i buy it , i didn't known i need Steam or Internet to install this game .

Well , what else : the automatic updates  ( Disabled in my personnal  account) are sometimes a good things, but not always ( not  with my  "personnal" mods at all  ) .

Well, i stop here , because i know that  talking about "piracy" is " tabou " on most of the sites ... and i understand that.

Best Regards.

We don't provide or even allow support for non-steam versions of skyrim.

I cannot read "without steam directory" as anything else than "without steam". People having problems with steam registration and updates, or wishing to change their install directory, should take that up with steam, not us.

The morality of it, or whether or not people bought a console version, doesn't enter into it; this is about the site's survival as a bethesda modding site.

Closing.