Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CTD on Startup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

trees

trees

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Hi, I am using the latest version of Skyrim from Steam, and I installed a bunch of mods to get started, but I seem to be having a CTD on startup issue. Here is the current load order. I am using the Nexus Mod Manager if that helps any.

Load Order:

Spoiler

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

Brigade

Brigade

Anal [Death Grip]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Did you run FNIS before and after installing Estrus?

HanPL

HanPL

Retired

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

CTD usually means missing master files (esm )

So check if you have every required file.

+like Brigade say use FNIS to update your game after installing new animations.

Brigade

Brigade

Anal [Death Grip]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Some of those mods may also require Apachii Sky Hair, since people seem to have decided that they like that mod and make it required for the strangest things.

trees

trees

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
None of the mods seem to require Apachii Sky Hair, And I did run FNIS and BOSS. Still got a CTD.

HanPL

HanPL

Retired

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Hmm did you try to remove ini file from "My games " folder ?

trees

trees

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
What ini file? Don't forget I'm using Steam, so it's in a Steam library.

Brigade

Brigade

Anal [Death Grip]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

You still have the ini file in My Games.

trees

trees

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
So I should delete it or simply move it elsewhere?

Brigade

Brigade

Anal [Death Grip]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Delete it. It'll rewrite itself. I'm not sure if that's your problem, just stating that you have it.

If you've had issues with Skyrim before with CTD's due to excessive mods, and are just now reinstalling it, this ini file could most likely be the cause. 

trees

trees

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

This is the first time I've ever installed Skyrim, but I'll try it anyway. Incidentally, there are two .ini files - Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini. Do I delete one or both of them?

Brigade

Brigade

Anal [Death Grip]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Delete both. They'll be rewritten. If this is your first install, they probably aren't the problem.

Delete these files, then run the game without mods. If it can run after doing this, you'll want to check every mod you have installed to see if you've installed them correctly.

myuhinny

myuhinny

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts

Looking through the post I didn't see anything mentioned but do you have skse installed and loading it through skse as some of those mods need skse to work?  http://skse.silverlock.org/ I don't see anything in the list that requires the HDT system many people that upload/post download to things needing the HDT system like to leave that part out. Only other thing I seem that maybe causing it is AP skyrim. Not sure what sx3 - core.esp is.

GreyDeath

GreyDeath

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

not to derail this conversation but i currently have an issue with SKSE and thought I'd ask it here :

is there a newer version available other then this one, as i have only been able to track this one down

skse_1_06_13

this is the error i receive with it

SKSEerror_zps6bbc8c83.png

myuhinny

myuhinny

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts

Spoiler

Current build (1.6.13, compatible with runtime 1.9.32.0. I kill steams updater everyday not sure if there has been a new update to skyrim or not.

formel

formel

Theoretical Construct

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

You should also try TES5Edit http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25859 it is a useful tool which can amongst others detected flaws in your load order which causes CTDs on start.

Here is a tutorila video for it.

Spoiler

alpalia

alpalia

The greatest lazy panda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
maybe something simple.....but steam integrity verification can help with CTD...

and...what is this ? "BlitzConsoleCommandsMCM.esp" ...as i know, the latest SKYUI have is own MCM command allowed via the ingame option menu...this can conflict ..try without it.

@grey death ..try uninstall completly skse, launch the game without, (dont worry about mod need skse, they just not work, its not problem) ,save the game, quit, reinstall new skse (yes, redownload skse, maybe something missing ) and reinstall and try play..

GreyDeath

GreyDeath

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

maybe something simple.....but steam integrity verification can help with CTD...

and...what is this ? "BlitzConsoleCommandsMCM.esp" ...as i know, the latest SKYUI have is own MCM command allowed via the ingame option menu...this can conflict ..try without it.

@grey death ..try uninstall completly skse, launch the game without, (dont worry about mod need skse, they just not work, its not problem) ,save the game, quit, reinstall new skse (yes, redownload skse, maybe something missing ) and reinstall and try play..

Thanks guy I'll give it a try and see what happens