This topic is not about Elewin's clothes.

Crissoxxx

In my opinion Elewin should not show his clothes if he doesn't intend to share. Thus ends the controversy.

By that logic, anything that anyone ever does for themselves should not be shown off. Do you expect to recieve a free game after seeing an advertisement for it?

A Game that is advertised on TV or over the internet is not something being done only for the developer it's being done with the intention of being sold for profit therefore that is not a fair or accurate example.

Elewin has a nasty habit of showing things off that she has no intention of ever making public therefor it is just showing off.

Not sure if troll or just very stupid.

If you don't care, WHY do you open this thread about elewin's clothes? If you wouldn't care, you hadn't open this thread.

Are you seriously saying that you didn't understand he was making a topic about wanting the clothes and simply chose to present it in a joking manner? I mean, really? Is it that hard to see?

On-topic, if Elewin is spamming pictures of those clothes everywhere just to show off, with no intent to share whatsoever, then he/she/it is a major douchebag. On the other hand, if Elewin thinks the clothes simply aren't ready for release yet, then he/she/it's in the right to do so, and you'll just have to wait

And no, the problem isn't that people make mods for their own, personal use. Waving these private mods in front of an audience is a whole different matter

People don't particularly mind if they have a rich neighbor, but if that rich neighbor is constantly trying to show off how much better his stuff is, then yeah, people get pissed, and rightfully so

Finally!!! i was hoping to start a polemic on the whole "what are mods". Now i won't look in the dictionary or see what others have posted about the meaning, i'll define it by my own experience and standards.. we all know a mod is a user modification for an unmodded or modded game, they can range from changing a simple value of an item to adding new content with it's own textures, meshes; most spectacular mods are overhauls that change many aspects of the vanilla game which can make the game totally different or mods that are a game in itself built on the engine of the released game. Now there are tons of mods that address numerous issues or topics and most of them are free and shared all over the place. Ofc these mods have authors that have consented to this and this is why in time great creations emerge. In my opinion a mod should be governed by these rules : be free with no exceptions ever, but with the option donating for the author or the team that made it to support future releases of great content, be allowed to be modified or expanded upon with the condition of giving credit to all authors of the original mod and be shared for everyone for personal use and redistribution(though sites like LL and nexus deal with this) or for further expanding. Now this is what i strive for modding to become, unfortunately in the real word not everyone has pure intentions, some will forward mods as their own or charge money for a free mod. And for the on topic part, some authors like to keep certain things from themselves, but then they show the entire community their works through screenshots, i don't understand why some of the authors get annoyed by the waves of questions and requests about their private works, most personal modifications i saw are jaw dropping impressive and i like the things they do but then when i get back to my game i see the colossal difference in quality between my game and theirs, i get frustrated and sad to the point i'm questioning what am i still doing playing this game, don't they know how bad a person can feel just from some screenshots? The thing is, a mod belongs to someone and they have full rights over it, over all the things mentioned above, so they can not share it if that's what they want, but in my opinion that's a loss for the concept of "modding", for the community because in the end, for me at least, and in the future for everybody i hope, it's all about the game! Thank you!

ok, i only read a couple posts in this thread and lemme say....elewin is by no means trying to flaunt her private and self made/modded files and if i'm not mistaken the only reason more are not shared even to some is because as " HelloSanta" and others in the community have dealt with when a request is made about the availability of mods that they themselves have made when they're releasing them to certain people someone usually always ends up not staying true to what was asked of them about sharing it out further. So I don't see why your outlook towards this type of circumstance is one that seems so negative...it's not up to us to ridicule...simply because it's because of us as the rest of the modder community...the more leeching of the populus to be thankful for ANY of the mods they graciously release simply because we did not have either the vision or the ability to complete a similar mod to our own liking.

For the 2nd time tonight out of 2 posts this is just my personal outlook on this type of situation....take it as you will....

GermLoc

I can see something different in this as well.

In a way I see that it can influence people to start learning how to mod as well, thus there being far more modders in the community.

"Hey Elewin I like those clothes! Maybe I should take up modding to be just as good!"

Some outfits I see floating around the skyrim.jpn.org site and other sites as well really make me want to learn how to model/port/render in my free time. I think I understand why some of these outfits cannot be shared to the mass public as well.

If I understand, let's say someone purchases an outfit from Renderosity.

The person who buys the outfit has the license to use it, so they use it to port to Skyrim. It becomes a problem when shared since when they share it with other people, you could basically say all of those other people didn't buy the original item. So I suppose that would become illegal?

It is possible that Elewin uses content from these sites, which would make sense as to why his/her content is limited/private.

I'll probably figure it out one day, modding is challenging to learn, but not impossible.

In my opinion Elewin should not show his clothes if he doesn't intend to share. Thus ends the controversy.

By that logic, anything that anyone ever does for themselves should not be shown off. Do you expect to recieve a free game after seeing an advertisement for it?

A Game that is advertised on TV or over the internet is not something being done only for the developer it's being done with the intention of being sold for profit therefore that is not a fair or accurate example.

Elewin has a nasty habit of showing things off that she has no intention of ever making public therefor it is just showing off.

Perhaps this will be a better example. What of those people who put together a really awesome computer case, and then post pictures and videos of it online? Obviously they won't be sharing their computer, but would we expect that they tell everyone how to do it, thus giving everyone the ability to do it themselves?

Or, to keep in the realm of video games, what about people who build gigantic structures in Minecraft? If someone were posting pictures of an exact scale replica of the Eiffel Tower, would they then be expected to share that online for everyone to have?

My thought is that perhaps part of the allure of creating the clothing is to be able to say "Hey, look what I did!" and to have a cool looking character, to be unique. Not terribly unique when everyone has access to it.

@AbbaZooR : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/users/5807238 ( Image section), on a side note, a search with name + Skyrim did get that result first on the result page ;)

Still, does not seem it is because he/she do not want to, more than it is not avalaible as to ingame use for now.
Sic.

elewin

@newmiller

No. And I'm easily bored...
posted @ 8:48, 2 Mar 2013 @Nexus

Has quite a powerful rig (on 27.02.2013) :

elewin

I used to be so proud of my 200+ fps with everything maxed out at 1080p; then came the enb,
which took half of my fps, various other post process effects took another ~40, now the grass cost me ~20, and I'm barely hitting 40 in foresty areas...

Gathering more data is fine, but sound like the "artist" tag is awarded and fitting.

So, either someone offer to take care of bringing the cloths ingame trough the CK (and stick with the flow of release) or there will not get ingame.
Guess it is a two way option, it does not seem to be a direct no go as to release, so if he/she is still avalaible by the time someone with time and skill come trough = ok.

Otherwise, it is more like an shooting star (?, étoile filante).

Edit : [spoiler=Vidéo]

(So, there are some ingame, as some screen let see, guess that they are still not right as to being released.)

By definition the modder community is people who share their work.

yes, when a baby sees a candy he/she will immediately say "oh momma, I want that candy" and when big bad momma says no, baby starts to cry, hahaha. cult of the butthurt is one more meatbag stronger. at least they do not know how to start a lengthy discussion about such a trivial things. oh well, why do I even care, I have a better things to do. I´m gonna cook myslef a dinner. sorry I wasted space and annoyed you. I won´t do it ever again.

I like her brand of sunglasses.

With some other mods they can make you look real ninja like and badass to boot.

Going with the reflecting one now.

Maybe someone should make an toothpick munchin mod, so that one combined with the Elewons sunglasses make for some cool drill instructor looking PC.

You are being a little bit childish with your argument. It sounds like if you were really desperate to get that elewin's stuff. I recomend you to avoid keep looking her/his screenshots. Mainly to avoid that impotent feeling of "being teased" by a modder.

But still, keep your hope alive, maybe someday in a distant future, elewin will release her/his stuff.

Sorry for my english.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is something Elewin herself writes under each photo of her clothing on the nexus:

Disclaimer: This outfit, along with many others in my gallery, belong to my private collection, and will NEVER be released on the Nexus, so please stop sending me any inquiries.
Please be considerate of my poor little mailbox - I have put him on vacation, indefinitely.

So yes, Elewin is just showing off what we can't have and being a douche. If she didn't want to receive messages asking for the items to be released, she shouldn't have rubbed it in our faces. It's like if a woman were to sensually rub herself all over a man and then walk away, telling him he gets nothing from her.

Both situations are sickening ;)

If I understand what happened, apparently she, like a lot of 'anime-style modders' for Skyrim, received some negative comments.  This was around the time she released her high-heels mod.  She became very offended, and stopped uloading to the nexus.  After that, she stopped releasing mods, and moved her content onto a blog.

I have a thought, even though temptations and curiosity will get the  best of you.

Why not stop giving this person any and all further credit/support, vanity is a powerful thing until nobody gives a flying F about you :cool: . They will soon change there tactic to get there vanity back if they so wish to keep it!

Archived