Another Dumb Request

Qis4Maverick

This is my first post, so it's probably too soon to start asking for things... but... here's what I would like. 

I would like an add-on to the "Tryout Plugins" that would serve a very specific character type (good, I've sold you with the first line).  It would be for those billions of players who are trying to play as a smart ambitious Lady Macbeth type female character. Essentially, you would be using sex with faction leaders to gain power and avoid abuse from the lowly faction members, and instead  you might abuse them >=).

In depth:

I had two individual plugins I had thought through: Powder Gangers and Caesars Legion.

The Powder Ganger add-on would be a power staircase going (in order): Joe Cobb > Eddie > Cooke.

Joe Cobb could be seduced after his vanilla intelligence check during "Run Goodsprings Run" where he refers to himself as "Mayor Cobb". The dialogue would be something like this:

Player: "Well, Mr. Mayor, am I going to be First Lady?"

Cobb: "What the hell does First Lady do?"

Player: "Her job is fucking the Mayor."

Cobb: "Like a secretary?"

Player: "No, anyone can fuck a secretary, only the Mayor gets to fuck First Lady."

This would make you First Lady of Goodsprings, and the Powder Gangers in Goodsprings will back if you tell them you are Joe Cobb's girl, when approached. Although, the folks at the prison couldn't care less when they here that, so they still rape you. That's when you move onto Eddie, who is respected in both the prison and Goodsprings, but not Vault 19. Cooke is the only person respected by all Powder Gangers (after you complete his quest-line), and so sleeping with him could protect you from all Powder Gangers.

The Legion add-on would be a little more ambitious. Sometime down the Legion quest-line (around "Et Tumor, Brute?") you would have the ability to become Caesars personal nurse with a medical skill check. Taking this job will allow for a sexual relationship and some boring dialogue, that will end with Caesar expecting the worst. He knows even if the surgery is a success he only has so much more time, and the Legion would be shit without him. That's when you get promoted to Empress on the condition you bear Caesar a child (pregnancy mod, optional), probably throw a intelligence check in there so Caeser knows he isn't leaving his kid with some moron, and wallah! You can celebrate Caesers death by naming yourself the new mistress and having your way with any legionnaire you desire.

Ultimately, these aren't too complicated... for competent people. I had attempted these numerous times, making every possible mistake twice. I've given up modding these myself after spending much of my free time from the last couple months. If these ideas spark interest in anyone, or seem like good practice for any skilled modders, then that's great, but I mostly typed this up to know I gave the idea a chance and to know that I wasted someones time who read this. I'm not even gonna proof read this shit >=).

• 2 weeks later...

They are good ideas, and the could actually fit into a few plugins lyring around, the problem is you'd have to to contact the relevant authors to see if they're interested. Tryouts has recently been orphaned, (thus Legion is not fair game - though Mavia still works on her own version, you could contact her) and as for the PowderGangers, you can try Wardminator, who is working on his own extension.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for not responding. I went MIA for a while. Even all the Chancellor's men couldn't find me! LOL

Anyway, that most certainly sounds like an interesting scenario. It's possible, workable, and doable. I will keep that in mind. It would be down the road as I have a lot of other irons in the fire, but we'll see.

Being the Empress of the Legion sounds awesome... so much better than having Legate Lanius in charge, although it quite goes against everything the Legion has been taught (women are objects, not fit to rule anyone besides themselves etc), I wonder how a female dictator would sit amongst them. But then again it is possible to side with the Legion in the game despite being a woman.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for not responding. I went MIA for a while. Even all the Chancellor's men couldn't find me! LOL

Anyway, that most certainly sounds like an interesting scenario. It's possible, workable, and doable. I will keep that in mind. It would be down the road as I have a lot of other irons in the fire, but we'll see.

You do not have to apologize. Thank you for considering my idea, that is all I could have asked for. And thanks ahead of time, if you do implement it down the road.

• 9 months later...

Being the Empress of the Legion sounds awesome... so much better than having Legate Lanius in charge, although it quite goes against everything the Legion has been taught (women are objects, not fit to rule anyone besides themselves etc), I wonder how a female dictator would sit amongst them. But then again it is possible to side with the Legion in the game despite being a woman.

You're forgetting the "contingent on producing a male heir" part. The "Empress" Is technically a steward, running things until the boy is old enough to take over. Doesn't slow down her "ruler in all but name" status, just puts some perspective on it.

KainsChylde is correct. Many times in past a powerful woman would "rule" in a male dominated society such as Egypt and even Rome in substitution of a male ruler until that ruler became of age. If a female is placed in charge of the legion it would be still in line with what was represented so long as it was until a selected male was of sufficient age and capacity to rule. ;)

Archived