Changing an armor pieces slot

So I am in the process of changing a slot for an armour piece so that is can be worn with another. I have managed to change it successfully (In SL "Timers and Stripping" it is listed as being equipped in slot 60 and both pieces of armour can be worn at the same time). I can see the 3rd person models however the 1st person model is missing. I only started using the CK and NifSkope today so any help is appriciated. I followed instructions from http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Skyrim_bodyparts_number#Free_body_slots_and_reference_usage

My NifSkope

LLChangingItemSlotNifSkope.thumb.png.4b569175d77b139ed02a13f2a41b42e3.png 

As you can see there is only one NiTriShape to edit for each piece (Multiple colour variants) and in BSDismemberSkinInstance -> Partitions the Part Flag is set to Visible and Start Net Boneset as they should be and for each colour variant I changed the Body Part from slot 49 to 60 as I haven't run into anything that uses this slot before.

My CreationKit Armour Addon

LLChangingItemSlotArmourAddon.thumb.png.be73362bb5b67f208d4cd69df811cb6e.png 

Here I have set the Biped Object to 60 as well and checked that the Biped Model and First Person sections have the armourcolourvariant_1.nif selected a this is the mesh that I edited. The race is selected correctly as I am playing a NordRaceVampire but I dont think this is relevant as setting race to Nord doesn't make them visible

Finally my Armour section in CK

LLChangingItemSlotArmour.thumb.png.6d3323d7349d5571098fe1770f54c53e.png 

Again the Biped Object is set to 60 and the only other thing I did was set "Enchanting" to NONE.

As I said I only started using NifSkope and the CK today so it may be something simple, such as can slot 60 be used and have 1st person models? Any help is appriciated.

Just a thought as what you are showing looks right. 

The priority on the item is zero.  that means if any of the other items you are currently wearing at the same time have a slot 60 tagged in the ARMA record it will override this piece making it equipped, but invisible.  (This is used to say make underwear invisible when trousers are equipped without un-equipping the underwear.)  Have you tried equipping the piece by itself with nothing else equipped and see if you can see it correctly then?

Also You showed the Nifskope for the _1, if there also a _0 for the item?  In TES5Edit you can see if the item has the weight slider enabled or not.  If the weight slider is enabled, you need both a _0 and _1 pieces for the item otherwise there will be issues.  One of which in my experience is that the item is only visible if your weight is either 0 or 100, but anywhere in between it is invisible.

1 hour ago, Alissa Kane said:

So I am in the process of changing a slot for an armour piece so that is can be worn with another. I have managed to change it successfully (In SL "Timers and Stripping" it is listed as being equipped in slot 60 and both pieces of armour can be worn at the same time). I can see the 3rd person models however the 1st person model is missing. I only started using the CK and NifSkope today so any help is appriciated. I followed instructions from http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Skyrim_bodyparts_number#Free_body_slots_and_reference_usage

Find BS Skin Instance and change the slot number there too.

7 hours ago, Alissa Kane said:

As I said I only started using NifSkope and the CK today so it may be something simple, such as can slot 60 be used and have 1st person models? Any help is appriciated.

This is the same thing you were messing with in the other thread.  Yes slot 60 can be used for 1st person, any slot can be but you have to now edit the race and add it to the 1st person flag because slot 60 is not by default a visible slot.

5 hours ago, RW311 said:

This is the same thing you were messing with in the other thread.  Yes slot 60 can be used for 1st person, any slot can be but you have to now edit the race and add it to the 1st person flag because slot 60 is not by default a visible slot.

In the other thread it was a different issue to do with only the vampire races not showing them. Then I wasn't doing anything regarding changing slots apart from when I said "Already set to Biped Object 49 (I changed this to 60 during a test and it made the 3rd person model disappear too so set back to 49)". This thread is specifically for the process of changing slots on any piece of armour. Anyway regarding what you said, like this?

LLChangingItemSlotRace.thumb.png.1de1b1c1eebd20c222e7f3909f95a0aa.png

I'm assuming you meant the race section in Character not the one in Actors -> Actor -> Race like you said in the other thread as that was for the NPC races like Vampire Fledgling and so on.

LLChangingItemSlotRaceTESVEdit.thumb.png.40eb70f706dee2521c28ce43bf4b8120.png

In TESvEdit it's listed as well. Do I need to worry about the middle column (Skyrim.esm) as it isn't listed there whereas it is for the others? I dont think so as the slot 49 isn't showing in the Skyrim.esm in my one or the one you posted in the other thread but worth checking.

11 hours ago, nagothm said:

Just a thought as what you are showing looks right. 

The priority on the item is zero.  that means if any of the other items you are currently wearing at the same time have a slot 60 tagged in the ARMA record it will override this piece making it equipped, but invisible.  (This is used to say make underwear invisible when trousers are equipped without un-equipping the underwear.)  Have you tried equipping the piece by itself with nothing else equipped and see if you can see it correctly then?

Also You showed the Nifskope for the _1, if there also a _0 for the item?  In TES5Edit you can see if the item has the weight slider enabled or not.  If the weight slider is enabled, you need both a _0 and _1 pieces for the item otherwise there will be issues.  One of which in my experience is that the item is only visible if your weight is either 0 or 100, but anywhere in between it is invisible.

I'm pretty sure there are no other items equipped in slot 60. I chose that one as SL said there was nothing equipped in it. As for the weight sliders in TESVEdit they are enabled so ill edit the _0.nifs too. The mesh files also have _GND.nif files for each variant. Do those need to be edited too?

----------------------------------

Upon further inspection the _GND.nif files have no BSDismemberSkinInstance so I'm assuming no. I changed the _0.nifs for each variant and checked, still no change.

11 hours ago, RussianPrince said:

Find BS Skin Instance and change the slot number there too.

They dont appear to have a BSSkinInstance that I can find anywhere. The meshes have BSDismemberSkinInstance, BSLightingShaderProperty and BSShaderTextureSet. Of course it's entirely possible I'm missing something I need to do in NifSkope but if its just meant to be in the dropdowns there isnt one.

10 minutes ago, nagothm said:

Oh, silly me, I know what your issue is.  It's the same issue people ran into when working with left handed rings on slot 60, they show up in 3rd person but not in first person. Look at this article here on a way to fix it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/185764

It is from the Left Hand Rings mod found here.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21720

Yeh unfortunately that's already been set.

LLChangingItemSlotRace.thumb.png.2c47dca717e26c83e07fe51cf0c83685.png

I'm gonna try and revert this back to slot 49, and change the other armor piece that was using it to 60, see if that changes anything.

You need to make sure that another mod in your load order is not overriding that change.  Easiest way to check is load up your entire load order in TES5Edit and go to that record and see if there is another further down the line that is reverting it back.

(Oh and did you change the normal nord race record as well, not just the vamp?)

Other than that I am stumped.

25 minutes ago, nagothm said:

You need to make sure that another mod in your load order is not overriding that change.  Easiest way to check is load up your entire load order in TES5Edit and go to that record and see if there is another further down the line that is reverting it back.

(Oh and did you change the normal nord race record as well, not just the vamp?)

Other than that I am stumped.

Yeh I did change the normal Nord race and the mod and its patch are the 4th and 5th mods from the bottom

Well swapping the armor that was moved to slot 60 worked (Dragon Bone Tassets II from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83383). At the end of the day seeing as everything was the same but switched I can only assume that it was the Mage Nails that were causing the issue as now both pieces are visible in 1st person. Thanks for the help and suggestions from everyone.

Archived