[Req] Continued work on a Katia Managan mod

I know, there's already a Katia Managan mod out there,(And the other few ones that are knockoffs...) but this one actually looks like it had potential to be the best one out there. It actually looks like Katia!(The head is shaped correctly!) Although, the problem with it is.. unfortunately, the mod author seems to have abandoned it, neither of the different bodies for it uses the correct skeleton, the textures for the body at least, don't use any normal or specular maps,(Although it doesn't look too bad in this case.) and the mod author has a strange way of packaging the mod.I've found the scripts folder to hold WAY too many unnecessary script files...from what I know..and that's very little about race mods...is most of the time you only need the scripts that control your race..But he's got almost every script to control skyrim in that folder! And that's just one of the things wrong with how he packaged the mod. I also don't know if the race works well with vampirism/vampire lords, or becoming a werewolf either...I was hoping if one of you guys out there could touch up on this mod I've stumbled across..again.

10 hours ago, Taven said:

the mod author has a strange way of packaging the mod.

• Replaces the base female body with the original (old) UNP meshes and textures.
  • Uses some weird skeleton that lacks pretty much all bones I know of (maybe it's vanilla? I honestly don't know anymore, lol). The only noticeable addition is a custom head bone, which I assume is used like the head bones in CaN/Krystal/Katia races.
  • Includes all of RaceCompatibility's (modified) vanilla script source files as well as a bunch of scripts that shouldn't be there.
  • No normal or specular textures whatsoever.

Yeah, you don't need to swear that.

Honestly, just use the other existing Katia Race mod. I know it's technically an edited Krystal race, but the result looks pretty much the same as the actual Katia and it doesn't have any of the downsides of the one you linked.

5 hours ago, Blaze69 said:
  • Replaces the base female body with the original (old) UNP meshes and textures.
  • Uses some weird skeleton that lacks pretty much all bones I know of (maybe it's vanilla? I honestly don't know anymore, lol). The only noticeable addition is a custom head bone, which I assume is used like the head bones in CaN/Krystal/Katia races.
  • Includes all of RaceCompatibility's (modified) vanilla script source files as well as a bunch of scripts that shouldn't be there.
  • No normal or specular textures whatsoever.

Yeah, you don't need to swear that.

Honestly, just use the other existing Katia Race mod. I know it's technically an edited Krystal race, but the result looks pretty much the same as the actual Katia and it doesn't have any of the downsides of the one you linked.

I know..there's a plethora of things wrong with the Katia race mod I brought up. I'm not sure why the guy has meshes and textures that replace your own in the mod, and scripts that shouldn't be in there, but if you avoid installing(Or remove) those files and scripts from the mod that don't matter, it uses the specular and normal textures from your own folder, and it doesn't look that bad.(Could PROBABLY use it's own normals and speculars though) The reason why I'd like for that katia mod to at least have some work done for it, is I prefer it's head over the other mod's head. The difference is katia's head is -VERY- round at the top, whereas the other mod's head is actually closer to what her head actually looks like in the comic. I'm just a little disappointed after rediscovering the mod, the main author has pretty much abandoned it. ><

Archived