[REQUEST] [SEARCH] Looking for/Requesting a mod that gives the player a reason to comit crime.

[Skip first paragraph to get to the point]

So I like to play as a female that tries to live a normal life but can't catch a break, so has to turn to prostitution and pickpocketing. Combine that with things like 'Prison Overhaul' and a mod that makes you pay taxes and you get a nice little debauchery story. The only problem is that it's too difficult to break the law and remain in character! Prostitution makes a lot of money and realistically (at least in my mind) isn't worth a harsh jail sentence, and pickpocketing is easy and only gets you a slap on the wrist. I even set myself difficult challenges like 'earn enough to eat, own a house in Solitude and still pay taxes', but still too easy. I can change my settings so I get unrealistic fines and stupidly low money but the point is I have to go out of my way to make it difficult or break character and break the law blatantly so I get caught!

What I'm looking for is a mod that puts a requirement (or multiple requirements) on the player over a time period, that the player needs to fulfil or be punished for failing. Like 'Taxes of the nine holds' where you set an interval of days and an amount of gold, when you reach the end of the interval the mail guy brings you a letter and you pay your taxes. If you don't you get a bounty. What I want is something that, that will give my character a reason to break the law and not break character. For instance, something like "Daedra have cursed me! I must other one full black soul gem every 48 hours or be trapped in devious devices" or "A bandit is blackmailing me with false evidence! I must steal at least 200 golds worth of things a day for him, or he'll go to the guards and I'll get a huge bounty!". There are a lot of examples of mods that are like "do this before this time or die" (another 2 examples being the 'iNeed' mod for eating and drinking, and 'Frostfall' for warmth). Anyone who knows of a mod like this or that could make one or point me to someone who could, would be very much appreciated.

1 hour ago, JayJay7777 said:

---snip----

something that can help you "break the law" with that character build is a mod with a "Public Indecency" feature (naked or sex in public are crimes) which can

give you a bounty anytime you are spotted turning tricks. (check Cursed Loot and Sexlab Adventures for 2 mods that can help with this).

some mods that i know of that have you earning a certain amount of gold per day are:

1 Maria Eden - a major mod on its own and has work that needs to be done prior to actually playing through.

2 Submissive Lola - a consensual player slavery mod (light slavery) but if you are submissve enough to your follower you will have to earn a certain amount

of gold per day for your follower.  (this has not been updated to DDI/DDX 4 yet)

3 Devious Followers - your follower must be paid a certain amount over time and if not will cause problems.  this can be a "gold sink" all by itself, and it has games

and "deals" as well. (requires DDI/DDX 4 or greater)

Would you prefer getting caught breaking the law doing whatever to make the money you need, or want it harder to get the money you need so you fail more often?

I would think that once you have enough money to buy the most expensive player house, you've made it as far as money goes, so finding a way to cut down on your income while maintaining your costs might be the way to go.  Public sex = crime to increase the hazard, making innkeepers charge more for beds and food, a mod that makes sleeping outside of an inn or house likely to get you raped and robbed, potentially a sex disease mod that could add insult to that injury and also create issues for your whoring profession (potential costs for cures plus living expenses make it harder to amass wealth).  There are some needs mods that make you pay to use blacksmithing stations, pick crops (instead of paying you, making food gathering harder), weapon and armor breaking so adventuring isn't a steady stream of cash, crime to loot bodies or make loot on bodies rarer. Food found in barrels in bandit areas have a chance of spoilage or lower chance to appear, etc.

An addiction mod (schooma or other drugs) create a reason to need money for more drugs, public drug use might carry its own prison punishments, addiction creates involuntary drug use that might be public, drug influence could cause various other illegal actions (assault, rape, public sex) (depending on mods).

Some of the prostitution mods let you set how much gold you get and if you slid that down and costs up, you might be forced to work more and look for people in unsafe or public areas, drawing either the criminal element or the guard's attention?

There are some mods that alter the Thieves Guild quest timing and number required for various events. I don't know if they change how much gold you receive since I never paid attention to that, but you could make up something that Maven is displeased with you (or intentionally fail a quest/do it wrong) due to increased difficulty (or drug / sex addition?) so you need to perform more and more jobs to get back into her good graces. Possibly one of the guild higher ups is trying to make you fail so you don't take his or her position.

Any of these sound interesting or are something you've already done?

Archived