Sexlab - CTD On Save Game Load

Glaurung26

Skyrim Crash Post

Description of Issue

My save files are crashing on load (frequently and inconsistently) when I have an active follower and Sexlab installed. I suspect it may be caused from stress on the papyrus log on load game. When I check the papyrus log, when the game crashes, the same paragraph of animation data is cut off. I'm curious what is incompatible or set up improperly.

Description of setup

I am running Mod Organizer with SKSE, FNIS, Sexlab and the XMPSE skeleton. Legal Steam updated version of Skyrim. I have all DLCs. Below is the most trimmed down loadout I could do to replicate the issue, forgoing my normal 200+ mods. This should give the most scientific view. I have been updating the mods to their most current build. The issue has remained though.

List of mods and requirements

Mod Organizer: 1.3.11

SKSE: 1.7.3

FNIS: 7.2 32-bit XXL

XMPSE skeleton: XP32 3.94

Sexlab: 1.62

any follower (ex. Sven or Faendal)

SkyUI: 5.1

RaceMenu: 3.4.5

Alternate Start: 3.1.7

USLEEP: 3.0.12

FNIS output files folder [redone per mod loadout]

Hardware Specs

Windows 10

Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 video card (8GB RAM, 2GB VRAM)

(drivers updated 4-25-18)

Intel core i7-4790 3.6 GHZ processor

12GB RAM

Picture of mod organizer setup

5ae170e2d59ee_bandicam2018-04-2600-38-52-114.thumb.jpg.34f5e3971d213a53271444a9d1efa1a5.jpg

Step by step replication of crash

Load Skyrim through Mod Organizer with SKSE

Start new game

Create character in racemenu

Install Sexlab in-game

Choose alternate start location in Riverwood – Sleeping Giant Inn

Recruit follower

Save in same cell as active follower

Restart Skyrim through Mod Organizer SKSE

Attempt to load save file (may crash)

Step by step replication of workaround

Repeat above steps 1-8

Load save previous to recruiting follower

Load save with follower without exiting Skyrim

Papyrus logs with and without crash

Experimental Group:

Control Group:

Missing Paragraph From Papyrus Log After Crash:

Missing Papyrus Log Text.txt

Let me know if you see any issues, any questions or anything at all that comes to mind. If you have specifics I can go into more detail or post files, configs, ini etc not listed here. This has been bugging me for quite some time so I wouldn't mind getting it fixed.

Addendum: I was able to get the game to crash on loading the autosave once in the prison cell from Alternate Start. I however have not managed to replicate it from stress testing. The above method is the only (somewhat) consistent way I found to crash. This leads me to consider the crash may be caused by significant papyrus stress on loading a save file. So it may not even technically require a follower, just Sexlab and a stress hiccup. Or VRAM getting maxed out. Or the Illuminati. So any advice would be useful, thanks :smile: .

On 4/26/2018 at 7:37 AM, BrassKnuckleDragger said:

Can I say, you just pointed out a fix for an issue that's plagued me for two years. I've been using alternate start to launch the game forever, but now I can load up massive saves with several script heavy mods and way too many animations. Thanks!

Yea that's about how long it was for me. I thought I was just literally insane. I was 99.99999987% I'd set up everything right. Seem to just have been a memory allocation issue all along. Maybe I even had fixed it, forgot I needed the crash fixes, then been like "why game crash now? what do?"

Archived