Power Armor Undersuit Custom Race Clipping

@Halstrom  I'm working on the Kerrigan version of the replacer.  I'm very close (I think) to getting it working in game with a material swap at the PA workbench.

Right now, the default white/blue suit is in the "vault" version of the PA frame, for female characters only (no male model exists for Kerrigan).  A more manual method (but definitely working) is to manually swap the materials files in the operating system for the frame nif.  Easy to do for some, but it doesn't lend well to in-game use for obvious reasons.

So to solve that, I created a version of the Kerrigan suit that is classed as a power armor component.  If, in the player's inventory, it will show up in the PA workbench, can be further modified for any of the color choices available in the Kerrigan color change version of the mod.  This can be equipped on the PA in a new attach point called Body Suit Options as well - so far so good.

My issue now is that while the mod is equipped and shows that way when inspecting the armor (it appears in the loot window) - when entering the PA, the body suit mod gets unequipped and returned to the player's inventory - and the default white/blue Kerrigan suit is worn instead.

I'm having a spot of trouble sorting out why it's unequipping and returing to inventory and not staying on.  It may have something to do with the fact that the PA frame that is modified in the workbench is a furniture object that is swapped to a armor object PA frame with the PA objects attached to it.  I'm leaning toward a script that may be handling that swap over, but I can't locate it.  My guess is that while I'm able to attach the Kerrigan suit mod to the furniture item, whatever is copying it over to the armor version of the PA frame doesn't know about it and can't handle it - so it gets unequipped.

I feel like this is the final hurdle - but information on this is scarce to non-existent. I'll continue to research and test though.

1 hour ago, AWP3RATOR said:

@Halstrom  I'm working on the Kerrigan version of the replacer.  I'm very close (I think) to getting it working in game with a material swap at the PA workbench.

Right now, the default white/blue suit is in the "vault" version of the PA frame, for female characters only (no male model exists for Kerrigan).  A more manual method (but definitely working) is to manually swap the materials files in the operating system for the frame nif.  Easy to do for some, but it doesn't lend well to in-game use for obvious reasons.

So to solve that, I created a version of the Kerrigan suit that is classed as a power armor component.  If, in the player's inventory, it will show up in the PA workbench, can be further modified for any of the color choices available in the Kerrigan color change version of the mod.  This can be equipped on the PA in a new attach point called Body Suit Options as well - so far so good.

My issue now is that while the mod is equipped and shows that way when inspecting the armor (it appears in the loot window) - when entering the PA, the body suit mod gets unequipped and returned to the player's inventory - and the default white/blue Kerrigan suit is worn instead.

I'm having a spot of trouble sorting out why it's unequipping and returing to inventory and not staying on.  It may have something to do with the fact that the PA frame that is modified in the workbench is a furniture object that is swapped to a armor object PA frame with the PA objects attached to it.  I'm leaning toward a script that may be handling that swap over, but I can't locate it.  My guess is that while I'm able to attach the Kerrigan suit mod to the furniture item, whatever is copying it over to the armor version of the PA frame doesn't know about it and can't handle it - so it gets unequipped.

I feel like this is the final hurdle - but information on this is scarce to non-existent. I'll continue to research and test though.

Hmm don't panic if its too much hassle, I'm playing around with the Bodyslide power armor, so it may not transfer to that anyway, maybe its best to ignore the Beth power armor and just use something slimmer like BubbleGumCrisis so the animations and stuff can be normal :tongue:

Archived