How do I break up an NPC animation?

Golgo13

I'm at the stage in the quest at which I explain to The King the cause of the problems between the locals and NCR, and, no matter what time of the night or day, and no matter how long I wait, he's standing there with his clothes off getting the world's longest BJ.

I explain what's going on, he says, "What the Hell..?" someone runs in and, depending on whether I turn Tryout off or not, either simply propositions me, or runs right back out, again. The King never says anything, and my feet are rooted to the spot. I can't even check to see if what happened triggered my ability to complete the quest without The King asking me to do so, since all I can do is pivot in place.

I tried using "moveto" to take him downstairs to his theater, and I tried kill/resurrecting him, but neither had any effect on him; neither did leaving and completing other quests in other areas and returning to The King's school. He just seems bound and determined to set some record, or have the first penile prolapse, or God-knows-what.

How do I break up that interminable suck job so that I can get on with the game?

** P.S. **

Head shots on the groupie do absolutely nothing, apart from some visual cues that hits were scored. Bloody chunks of skull are blown off, but hit points are completely unaffected.

** P.P.S. **

Solution of this problem would enable me to clean up a couple of other stuck, but not game-breaking, animations, such as the Wrangler crier and the Van Graff crier locked in an interminable sex scene playing out in the street. I wonder what will happen when she's supposed to give birth to bloat flies, since I repaid her raping me by impregnating her..?

Try casting Ng's FinishNow spell' date=' maybe.

Open the console, click on any of the participants, type in:

cios xx06E548

with xx being the place of ng in the load order

then enter, leave the console

[/quote']

Regrettably, while the command appeared to be accepted, (i.e., it did not result in an error message), it did not stop the animation.

I'm noticing this problem to be irritatingly widespread, now that I'm in an urbanized area. Just within that one strip, there are the King/groupie and crier-on-crier pairings; and, inside the Wrangler, I now find a 3-way and another BJ that never end-- and I have only been in the environs of New Vegas for a day. A solution would greatly enhance the sense of immersion, and relieve the sense of dread that my game is just gradually succumbing to a kind of locked-animation cancer.

Archived