MO, & LOOT

galgat

Has anyone had a problem who run's windows 7, and Mod Organizer, where loot would not update the game's list correctly. with latest version of Loot ?

1. I have been using loot in MO for some time no problem's, and actually have began to rely on it, it has served me well.

2. I recently decided to install the latest version of Loot I think was 0.12.5

3. It would not run in loot anymore for Me.

It would not update the Game list, and would error any time I tried to change it from Oblivion to Skyrim.

4. I did all the normal stuff, ran the standard game loader outside of MO, so registry could be sure, and be updated.

5. Made sure all were ran in administrative mode. LOOT & MO

even went to the C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\LOOT setting, and made sure to change the path's to the correct path if they were wrong.

Made sure I had MSVC redistributable installed.

I also made a new default profile in loot, as long as I did not add to many Plugin's this would sort them, but after a certain number of Mods were added this new profile would also fail. Also none of my older profiles would work even after doing this.

5.  Loot ran fine outside of MO, so no real support will be provided by the LOOT team, or creator. As they do not support if ran in MO.

6. But no matter what I did Loot 0.12.5 would not find my Game's, and of course would not sort them.

7. I finally got tired of trying to get it to work, and went back to 0.12.3. (  I may try 0.12.4 Latter )  And all my games are found, and LOOT is sorting them again, of course it will not update from the web page, and tells me there is and Update available for it,  but seems to be doing everything correctly

8. Has anyone Else had this Problem ?

this was done in 0.12.5

[ Windows 7 users can now update their masterlists again without having to manually enable system-wide TLS 1.2 support. This was an issue after GitHub disabled support for older, insecure versions of TLS encryption because Microsoft didn’t enable TLS 1.2 support in Windows 7 by default. Fixed via the LOOT API. ]

this may be a source i need to look at.  But I never had a problem with it before, that I noticed.

Have myself encountered an issue since the V 0.10.1 (build d8f8dc4) of LOOT and had to apply the MicrosoftEasyfix. This fix works for the V 0.12.4 of LOOT aswell.

Elf Prince has the file to download in his related thread here on LoversLab:

LOOT 0.12.4 - WARNING

Or you can find it on the Microsoft Support thread with the detailled descriptions here, according to your preferences:

Update to enable TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 as a default secure protocols in WinHTTP in Windows

Sorry but I haven't installed the latest V 0.12.5 of LOOT for now and can not tell you if this version is currently working.

Hope this helps you.

Edit:

- For more informations about V 0.12.5 issue [RELz] LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool

- LOOT's priority number system will be replaced with a new feature: Groups. WrinklyNinja is currently working on it. [LOOT] New feature "Groups"

58 minutes ago, Fifoo said:

Have myself encountered an issue since the V 0.10.1 (build d8f8dc4) of LOOT and had to apply the MicrosoftEasyfix. This fix works for the V 0.12.4 of LOOT aswell.

Elf Prince has the file to download in his related thread here on LoversLab:

LOOT 0.12.4 - WARNING

Or you can find it on the Microsoft Support thread with the detailled descriptions here, according to your preferences:

Update to enable TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 as a default secure protocols in WinHTTP in Windows

Sorry but I haven't installed the latest V 0.12.5 of LOOT for now and can not tell you if this version is currently working.

Hope this helps you.

I am done wit 0.12.5 for now, and may never try it again

thank you I may try this, I got the 0.12.4 working just fine, I may stay with it awhile now, I really got tired of try to make 0.12.5 to work.. It was just really frustrating...:cry:

0.12.4 though just popped up fine, no problems, and they did away with that rechecking 20 time which 0.12.3 was bad to do, which made 0.12.3 really slow...

0.12.4 is fast, and seems very reliable, so I will stay with it I think.

36 minutes ago, galgat said:

I am done wit 0.12.5 for now, and may never try it again

"After all the things done the last necessary step was to delete the LOOT folder in %appdata%/local! And LOOT finally managed to update the masterlist."

- Quote from RomRomRia

You might try this if you haven't done it, I just finished to read the [RELz] LOOT thread. Please take a look at my edited post above yours for the link. :classic_wink:

And the reason why these issues occured: Weak cryptographic standards removal notice

28 minutes ago, Fifoo said:

"After all the things done the last necessary step was to delete the LOOT folder in %appdata%/local! And LOOT finally managed to update the masterlist."

- Quote from RomRomRia

You might try this if you haven't done it, I just finished to read the [RELz] LOOT thread. Please take a look at my edited post above yours for the link. :classic_wink:

And the reason why these issues occured: Weak cryptographic standards removal notice

Thank you, but I am done with it, unless it becomes something I absolutely have to have or nothing will work, I am fine with 0.12.4  :blush:

EDIT >>>> I did read that post, but I have all window's Updates installed, I try to keep it up to date, so I doubt the TLS 1.2 protocol  is my problem, and I did nothing to get 0.12.4 to run, just installed it, and started it in MO, and it runs fine.

I also tried that v0.12.5-api-dll as it was mentioned in the Git Faq for MO.

14 minutes ago, galgat said:

I did read that post, but I have all window's Updates installed, I try to keep it up to date, so I doubt the TLS 1.2 protocol  is my problem, and I did nothing to get 0.12.4 to run, just installed it, and started it in MO, and it runs fine.

I also tried that v0.12.5-api-dll as it was mentioned in the Git Faq for MO.

That this version works perfectly is the essential, I think you made the right choice. For my part, I'll wait a little before diving into the new version, just to have a little more feedback from users.

Archived