3 hours ago, Draco Benson said:

can you make a outfit with no physics or the bodyslide file rather? and  more egg stuff goop and cocoons stuff like that

I could make a no-physics option, sure.

More environment-related things, such as cocoons, are all definitely planned as part of the planned worldspace.

9 minutes ago, Evan555alpha said:

I could make a no-physics option, sure.

More environment-related things, such as cocoons, are all definitely planned as part of the planned worldspace.

thank you, im excited for that, the physics arnt quite skyrim quality yet, but when they get there maybe ill use them

• 2 months later...

A few months into the new year, so here's an update:

Not all that much has been done with the mod. I was away for the second half of December, and I've been working, and working on other projects in the meantime. I have come to redo some things however, such as giving the main book featured here its own model and new textures, rather than have it be a shitty retexture of the burnt books you can find laying around. There's been a little bit done in the way of new assets, but not really all that much. At the moment, I need to go back and rework a lot of things behind the scenes so that I can properly implement some things. Take the drones, for example. I'm taking those guys, and completely changing the regular ones so that they're not ghouls anymore. I'm also taking all the NPCs I've added so far, and I've gone and made a completely new race entry for them, in preparation of the unique bodies that they're going to have at some point in the sorta-near future.

Basically, I need to go back and adjust several things in Chrysalis' Armour.esp which involves removing some records. Don't worry, however, as I won't be removing records if they were present in the 1.2 release. Where will these removed records go, you might ask? Most of them will be moved over into a new Master plugin, Changelings.esm. This new master is what will contain things such as the race entry I mentioned above, the new worldspace I have planned, all the quests relevant to that, and things like that. A handful, such as a cell I added shortly after v1.2's release, were simply deleted, as I am no longer going with that aspect of the story that I had thought of.

Speaking of the race aspect, my end goal is to more or less remove dependency on Crimes Against Nature, which I am currently working towards. However, the future will decide if the skeleton is still required. Other than that, I could always introduce an ESL patch to allow for things such as additional races on the armour pieces, provided I decide to remove them from the original plugin in the first place.

As a side note, I have also somewhat managed to set up a development environment for F4SE plugins. What this means is that there is now a potential window for me to utilise the vanilla jetpack functions, instead of my hacked-together flight script. I still need to work out what I should do to achieve that, however.

In the end, there's still a lot I have to learn about the CK (As well as a lot to fix! Bad meshes everywhere...), particularly in regards to creating worlds, and in general, using the viewport.

On 12/13/2018 at 1:10 PM, Draco Benson said:

thank you, im excited for that, the physics arnt quite skyrim quality yet, but when they get there maybe ill use them

Bah, almost forgot about your request. I'll get around to doing that, and I'll upload them here. Be aware that I will have reorganised a lot of folders, though, so you may want to remove the old bodyslide files that I provided.

• 3 months later...

OMG Evan it's nearly the end of June where's the update!?

Thankfully, I haven't had people asking about the mod update. But just like last time, this is more or less just an update to show that I still am actually around, and that the mod hasn't been left to be abandoned like so many others are.

For the most part between the last update and this one, I haven't done much. In fact, I can't really list any changes between then and now, that I've made to what already exists. I've been exploring the CK, thinking about what I could do with all sorts of stuff; custom regions, custom grass, weather, so on.
I basically want to make *Changelings* into its own thing, so that one could install that, and play as the new race. Whether or not it being standalone also allows for going to the new worldspace, I'm not sure yet.

There's also some stuff that I want to do, such as changing the relevant assets over to the BC7 DDS compression method.

Anyway, mod's not dead, I'm not dead, it's just in limbo due to real life. Work on the mod will start again late-August.

• 2 months later...

I had initially not looked into this mod, since I thought it was just armor.

I looked into it again when I was trying to find a way to be a changeling, and whether that was even possible.

This is a lot more involved than I thought, and by the description of what it should do, is leagues above anything I expected. Good luck on your future work (which seems to be exactly what I was hoping would be added in general).

Might comment on things more when I actually get to know the mod a bit better.

Ah. There should be a clear statement of requirements. While you credited CHCBBEP, I had merely assumed that you used technology from that mod, not that it was required. I hadn't bothered installing it, as the built-in CBBE physics had always served me pretty well. I didn't realize that not having it messed up all sorts with the sliders. (Even affecting other mods' outfits.)

The only issue is that CHCBBEP is.... well, it's a lot less advanced than the newer physics now bundled with CBBE. Even with larger breasts, it's a lot more janky and glitchy, at least in my experience.

Eventually, I solved (ish) my problem with the physics, by recreating Chrysalis without the built in presets... but unfortunately, there is no way I can find to add the horn and wings properly.

Anyway, while I probably won't play with this mod for a while, I'm definitely keeping an eye on it. This has amazing potential, despite my complaints.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@AuroraMorningdew Yeah, moving forward, I'll be doing stuff without CHCBBEP, and instead with whatever is the new fancy body physics mod (Probably CBP although I haven't checked in a while). I know that it doesn't particularly play nice when you change things from the default.

Anyway, copy/paste from Nexus because I've been lazy about checking this site (Sorry! Working on changing that...)

End of September November update, because it's been a while. July and August I was overseas, and wasn't really able to work on the mod. September, I've been working on art commissions. There's been a little bit done in regards to removing some requirements, and moving some of those to Changelings.esm instead.

Basically, there's going to be two branches. There will be the long-awaited 1.3 update, which will not feature some of the things I have listed in the past. Don't worry, those things will be part of the new 2.0 update, which completely reworks some things from the ground up.

1.3 will be 'feature complete' (probably not the right term) wherein I remove the bugs, and finish off the half-finished features that I had started to put in. This is what will be compatible with saves that have 1.x installed already. I aim to have 1.3 released before the end of the year, but I can't promise anything. This will not feature a quest-line, companions, or anything.

2.0 will have all of the amazing new stuff, and will be the one to rely on Changelings, which will probably be a separate mod listed on the Nexus. Changelings is what will feature things like the world-space, quest-line, companions, and such. It will also feature some of the assets and records from Chrysalis' Armour, as those will be removed from CA and put into Changelings instead. The goal is to have Changelings as a more standalone mod that one can play without needing to use CA as well, and CA will be an add-on to that. Scripts will be refactored as well, so that there's a common function library for Changelings, and various already-implemented scripts will be reliant on that. In the long run, this is better than defining the same function over and over in each different script that needs it.

As a result of all these major changes to 2.0, it will be 100% incompatible with saves that already have 1.x installed. I tried to think of ways I could work around it, but there are some changes that I want to make that just will not work with that.

tl;dr hoping to have 1.3 released before year's end, 2.0 will be a major restructure that won't work with 1.x

• 11 months later...

Oh fuck, I forgot to post this update here as well as Nexus. Has it really been over a year already? God damn.

So, what's changed since then? Personally, a lot. For the mod, basically nothing.
For the better part of 2020, this mod's been on hiatus. It's not dead, but at the same time I've had other stuff to deal with, and as a result I lost some of the drive to work on this mod.

At this point in time, I've been considering pulling together all the stuff I have at the moment, and throwing up a kind of "1.3 beta" that'll have all the weird and wacky half-changes that I've made. For the record, if I do do that, please don't complain that it ruined your save or whatever once you moved on from that to the actual release.
I have a small list of things I made a while back that I said to myself that I'd do, but nowadays I don't remember how encompassing that list was of all the issues that this mod has. The only thing left on it at the moment is to make non-physics variants of all the outfits because some people have been wanting those, but I think that I won't do those for now.

I've been away from modding Fallout 4 in general for quite a while, and as a result I don't really know the "standard" stuff when it comes to things like body physics anymore. (at the time of writing, anyway)

Before I release anything, I really want to go through (again) and clean all my source files up, so I can have all of them organised. Then, after that, I want to completely overhaul all the bodyslide assets so that everything is in one neat little package, and all the various physics options can be set from in there.

Until next time!

• 1 year later...
On 11/9/2020 at 7:30 AM, Evan555alpha said:

Oh fuck, I forgot to post this update here as well as Nexus. Has it really been over a year already? God damn.

So, what's changed since then? Personally, a lot. For the mod, basically nothing.
For the better part of 2020, this mod's been on hiatus. It's not dead, but at the same time I've had other stuff to deal with, and as a result I lost some of the drive to work on this mod.

At this point in time, I've been considering pulling together all the stuff I have at the moment, and throwing up a kind of "1.3 beta" that'll have all the weird and wacky half-changes that I've made. For the record, if I do do that, please don't complain that it ruined your save or whatever once you moved on from that to the actual release.
I have a small list of things I made a while back that I said to myself that I'd do, but nowadays I don't remember how encompassing that list was of all the issues that this mod has. The only thing left on it at the moment is to make non-physics variants of all the outfits because some people have been wanting those, but I think that I won't do those for now.

I've been away from modding Fallout 4 in general for quite a while, and as a result I don't really know the "standard" stuff when it comes to things like body physics anymore. (at the time of writing, anyway)

Before I release anything, I really want to go through (again) and clean all my source files up, so I can have all of them organised. Then, after that, I want to completely overhaul all the bodyslide assets so that everything is in one neat little package, and all the various physics options can be set from in there.

Until next time!

is ther an eta for the 1.3 update or has this mod been abondon?

• 4 months later...

Not sure if this glitch has been cited already but I noticed that the body color does not match the head color when loading an existing save. The body would reset to the default CaN grey color upon load while the head would remain black. This is what I do to fix the problem in my game:

1. Open the character editor (use either the CaN settings holotape through the Pip-Boy or enter "slm 14" in the console menu).

2. Choose the Chrysalis preset you want. This mod has several presets.

3. Choose black for the skin color.

4. Exit the character editor.

5. Save your game manually then load that same save you just made. Do not load any save older than that.

If anyone else is experiencing this same problem and the method above does not work, then I don't know what else to do. Reinstalling the mod and rebuilding the bodies in Bodyslide might help. Also remember that CaN is not compatible with Classic Holstered Weapons, so do not run that mod along with this in the same saved game. That might help as well.

• 11 months later...

bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare bug mare  

• 3 months later...