3 hours ago, MetalMax said:

Also, where do i get the chrysalis horn/wings/hair style? Are they in the race menu and i just didn't see 'em?

You can get them through the looksmenu preset(s). The only part that will show up in the race menu, even with bUnlockHeadParts in LooksMenu's ini set to 1, is the hair.

27 minutes ago, Evan555alpha said:

You can get them through the looksmenu preset(s). The only part that will show up in the race menu, even with bUnlockHeadParts in LooksMenu's ini set to 1, is the hair.

Thankya!

Also, any chance with the next update you could have the eggs actually spawn changelings instead of ghouls, and maybe have combat feeding of sorts?

it's tricky to feed at the moment since you have to be in a raider faction to feed from them, unless you have max stealth and a mod that makes stealth more effective, and if you don't all you have is a city/settlement where everyone becomes hostile to you the moment you feed even once.

Other than that, i'm LOVING this mod so far, there just isn't enough good changeling-focused mods for any bethesda games, i had to make my own for oblivion and skyrim, though i only ever released one for skyrim, the "Pony Armor Race Mod"

I made one for oblivion where you could get turned into a changeling and turn others into changelings, but the mod author refused to let me release the mod that was an addition to his pony mod, and refused to takre my mod or even take credit for it and release it himself.

I'm so happy to see someone finally release a mod like that and crud, i'm rambling so much, sorry, i'm just so excited ;w;

43 minutes ago, MetalMax said:

Thankya!

Also, any chance with the next update you could have the eggs actually spawn changelings instead of ghouls, and maybe have combat feeding of sorts?

it's tricky to feed at the moment since you have to be in a raider faction to feed from them, unless you have max stealth and a mod that makes stealth more effective, and if you don't all you have is a city/settlement where everyone becomes hostile to you the moment you feed even once.

There are two different eggs added, the regular drone egg, and the elite drone egg. I believe that the elite drone egg is the one that you'd be after. If you are unhappy with the current chance of receiving an elite egg, you can change it in the MCM settings page.

Hopefully love drops will mitigate some of the scarcity of love introduced by being unable to feed in combat. By injecting a levelled list which can give up to 10 drops (The amount needed to make one regular love item) in to one of the vanilla raider loot levelled lists, you should be able to get a somewhat steady supply of love from dead raiders. However, this is not currently fully implemented on my development version, so I still need to play test it.

9 hours ago, MetalMax said:

One last question. Any chance for a way to give the horn/wings to a male character? I don't play female real often, even though i gave it another go just for this mod.

Attached is a preset that will load the headparts, and nothing else. Wings, horn, eyes, and hair. No head swaps, nothing.

As for an update on the update: It's about 80% done. Most model overhauls are mostly done, as is the main tri morph for the wings.

unknown.png

I just need to fix up that clipping in Bodyslide, and all will be good there.

Edit: Turns out I'm just dumb on that front, because I moved the models from a wrongly exported filepath to the correct one, breaking the NiStringExtraData node in the nif. There's no clipping.

After that, I still need to figure out how I am going to tie in movement of the wings into being in the air. Current, untested method involves a script that sets the AninFaceArchetype of the character every 1/20th of a second. I still also need to figure out how I am going to do this flying bit without the god damn jetpack noises.

Queen Chrysalis (Zeroed Sliders) - R63.json

Thank you very much! :smiley:

Seriously, this mod is amazing! I'm trying to work on an addon to it, that i won't release without express permission ((if i even want to release it)), that adds changeling drone settlers that can join settlements. :3

2 minutes ago, MetalMax said:

Thank you very much! :smiley:

Seriously, this mod is amazing! I'm trying to work on an addon to it, that i won't release without express permission ((if i even want to release it)), that adds changeling drone settlers that can join settlements. :3

I mean, I had originally intended for the (Elite) drones to be able to be commanded like settlers could be, but I never really looked into getting that to work. I suppose I could give it an actual look over. I have no qualms with you releasing such a thing, so go ahead. Or don't. Your call.

11 minutes ago, Evan555alpha said:

I mean, I had originally intended for the (Elite) drones to be able to be commanded like settlers could be, but I never really looked into getting that to work. I suppose I could give it an actual look over. I have no qualms with you releasing such a thing, so go ahead. Or don't. Your call.

At the moment, i'm just waiting for one of them to actually show up to the settlement to test to see if i got it working. I have no idea how to Force them to be a part of a settlement through console, so i'm just doing it the ol' natural way.

Version 1.2 has been released - I hope you guys have fun with it.

A note on the new flight ability, however: Yes, I know it's janky as fuck. Jetpack wasn't an option, as I can't override those sounds, so I did the next best thing.

Edit: re-uploaded to fix a few minor issues involving mis-set materials, and base mesh shapes.

interesting armor mod ;) makes me wanna try it out. sorry if this is a annoying question. where I can find the recommend mods at, Links if possible, please :smile: 

also your preset bodyslide ;) 

On 5/14/2018 at 6:03 AM, roger11 said:

interesting armor mod ;) makes me wanna try it out. sorry if this is a annoying question. where I can find the recommend mods at, Links if possible, please :smile: 

also your preset bodyslide ;) 

All the recommended mods can be found on Nexus (Except F4SE) under their respective names, save for CaN, which is short for Crimes Against Nature. The preset is both included as part of the bodyslide files optional install, and already built in as part of some of the LooksMenu Presets.

Alternatively, you can grab the links from my mod's Nexus Page, as all requirements are automatically linked.

17 minutes ago, Evan555alpha said:

All the recommended mods can be found on Nexus (Except F4SE) under their respective names, save for CaN, which is short for Crimes Against Nature. The preset is both included as part of the bodyslide files optional install, and already built in as part of some of the LoosMenu Presets.

Alternatively, you can grab the links from my mod's Nexus Page, as all requirements are automatically linked.

Awesome, I'll give a look. Thanks for the reply!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so, as we all know, not everyone likes super skimpy armour. And that's okay. This is why one of the planned features for 1.3 is an additional set of armour pieces that take up the regular armour slots, a la leather/metal/combat armour, that cover more of the body, and make the entire outfit less skimpy. It will all be designed to look as one set however, so the already existing skimpy parts will be needed for it to look complete. Whether or not these new armour pieces will have light/sturdy/heavy variants, I am currently undecided. It'd definitely fit in well with the whole 'she's an insectoid creature and insects have chitin therefore her armour is practically chitinous' shtick.

Oh, and there will be a bunch of new content/fixes/changes, too, such as:

- Something that involves shapeshifting.
    - That is, somehow storing the data (body morphs, facial morphs, makeup, etc.) of a target NPC and the player, and then applying the NPC data to the player.
    - Adding in some dialogue interaction between drones so that they can do the same, but with the option to let them randomise from the same set of base NPCs that, well, NPCs choose from.

- Having some fancy shader FX so that the presumably horrid change is somewhat hidden.

- 5x and 10x recipes for both regular love and concentrated love. The drops are more common on some raiders than I had anticipated, probably because they're double dipping into the same levelled list, giving up to 2 * 10 love drops.

- Fuck about with the love addictions and such, make it so that regular love has a chance to cure Con. love addiction, and that Con. love cures regular love addiction. Also make it so that they negate each other's negative effects.

- Having an acquisition quest, likely started by radio beacon, which itself would be voiced by me, and started by one of the various relay towers found throughout the commonwealth. This is a very vague idea.

Among other things.

Of course, given the rather difficult challenge of the shapeshifting, having to learn how to do quests and all that fun stuff, as well as some personal plans that go into swing in the coming month or so, this update won't be dropping for some time; though very unlikely, it may not even release this year. I'm hoping that won't be the case, however.

That's all that I can think of off the top of my head for now. I may edit this post with more things as they come to mind. Also, feel free to suggest things that you'd like to see. I may not bother to make it, but ideas are welcome nonetheless.

• 1 month later...

Figured you guys need an update. It's been a while. Progress on the asset side of things is mostly there; I just need to model a few more things, fix some textures, etc. Otherwise, assets are done. The hurdle here is the whole questline, worldspace, and other non-asset things, really. Quests are a whole new aspect of modding to me, and are going to be a pain to get working. Building in the CK is also new to me as well. Oh, and there's gonna be a whole load more scripting because I've decided to overhaul the start quest again.

Here's a sneak peek at things:

image.thumb.png.d227cb4b6b25271bdba95b34091aa3dd.png

That's right, UI icons. There's gonna be perk icons that fit within Fallout's already existing perks, too.

Oh, and there may or may not be something in relation to a new set of power armour, too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, dusanyu said:

tossing out a lame suggestion to fix the flying as i don't think many playing with this mod will be using the jet pack whyt not simply changes the jetpack sound to the wings sond than use the Jeptack scripts for flight with the wings? 

Please see my earlier post:

On 5/12/2018 at 1:12 AM, Evan555alpha said:

A note on the new flight ability, however: Yes, I know it's janky as fuck. Jetpack wasn't an option, as I can't override those sounds, so I did the next best thing.

What I meant here is that I found absolutely no way to override the default jetpack sounds. At all. As mentioned on the Nexus page discussing this exact topic, the moment I find a way to use the already-existing jetpack functions, the current flight implementation will be discarded.

well i downlaoded the mod both on nmm and manual and i know what im doing cause i have other mods working but for some reason when i go to the place where the armor is it doesnt show up and the message doesnt pop up when i start the game either.

you said something about load order but idk what that means.

On 9/21/2018 at 4:41 AM, Button Mash said:

-snip-

If you really want to know what you're doing, I suggest reading up on what a 'load order' is. It's useful to know how to fix one so that mods work the way you want them to.

I suggest using my mod without any mods that alter the start-up sequence of the game. So no 'start me up' mods or anything. Try and get through the vanilla opening sequence. If that does not cause my mod to show up 40 seconds after you leave the vault, then please make sure that you have actually activated my mod in your load order.

I also suggest putting my mod towards the end of your load order, so that it overrides any mods you may have that also alter the Science Centre Gift Shop.

• 1 month later...

So it's been nearly two months, figure it's time for an update: Work is slow-going, but work is being done. I've been working so far on a new weapon that is available (Which replaces an already-existing weapon in this mod). It's not quite finished, but it's getting there:

unknown.png

Also pictured is a small sample of the upcoming actual-armour set, over-time body changes, and a handful of fixes that have been made so far. There's plenty more to come, so stay tuned!