Anyone else waiting for the GOTY?

Daguy

In my case, not as in the actual edition, but for all the DLC to be released.

I'll played through all the major questlines, but only in the gaming sense. Running, fast travel, and so forth. I've not slowed down, and actually roleplayed, took in the experiance. I probobly only really know the landscape around the cities and even then not that well. I even think there are one or two towns i've not visited. Tons of quests I know of, but haven't done.

Basically, i've only paddled in the lake that is slowly becoming a sea. I imagine we've got at least a few major story DLC left before Skyrim is 'finished' in Beth's eyes and they move fully onto Fallout 4 or somesuch.

Is anyone else waiting until its really 'complete' before wading in ti experiance everything fully? Or like me, as a roleplayer?

It also gives all the mods we know and love time to be added. We have some nice little sex frameworks all shaping up. There are all sorts of improvements. We still don't have any male bodies with none-blocky textures as far as I know, but, we never got that for Fallout 3 or NV either. We also (wonderfully) just got headtracking for the player, which really adds life to screenshots.

I imagine in around the (lets say) year or close it takes to release everything they want, we'll have a lot of stuff to really get into.

I've sort of lost my general 'gaming' zeal these days. I have a literal pile of console games still in their wrappers, and I doubt i'll get to them anytime soon. Only the Bethesda franchises really hold my interest, and even then its because they are massive worlds full of interesting stories (and adult sexy ons too, with mods) just begging the D&D nerd inside me to roleplay in them.

Well, a friend of mine actually got me Skyrim as a Christmas gift so there's no point in me waiting for a so-called "GOTY" edition (although originally I was waiting for it).

To be honest, there's so much to do in the game right now that it feels already complete. I haven't finished the game yet, but just the abundant quests plus the random things that happen occasionally while exploring gets me feeling like I'm missing out on some things.

In fact, I actually had to reroll a couple of times until I finally decided on certain goals for my characters. For example, my "first" character will be an Imperial warrior, so only Companion/Imperial quests; then my second character will be a mage who joins the Stormcloaks and will be an "evil" type so only Stormcloaks/Dark Brotherhood and other criminally-inclined quests; and my third character will be one who joins neither faction but does all the other quests that I would've neglected on my other two characters.

I haven't even downloaded the Dawnguard DLC and since I have the PC version it'll be a while till we get Hearthfire... and I'm already feeling overwhelemed.

Yes, but more for the reason i don't think the DLCs so far are worth the price they are sold for. And for being bored of Skyrim, the only reason i start it anymore is for the main menu music and the naughty mods; those animations are much better than the ones available in Fallout's mods :D

Though to be honest, i would have said "couldn't cost little enough for me to buy them" of most DLCs for Oblivion too. But i got them all with the GOTY edtion, so i'll do the same with Skyrim.

And by that time some more comprehensive gameplay mods will propably be out to make the game worth another 1000 hours of playtime :blush:

In my case' date=' not as in the actual edition, but for all the DLC to be released.

I'll played through all the major questlines, but only in the gaming sense. Running, fast travel, and so forth. I've not slowed down, and actually roleplayed, took in the experiance. I probobly only really know the landscape around the cities and even then not that well. I even think there are one or two towns i've not visited. Tons of quests I know of, but haven't done.

Basically, i've only paddled in the lake that is slowly becoming a sea. I imagine we've got at least a few major story DLC left before Skyrim is 'finished' in Beth's eyes and they move fully onto Fallout 4 or somesuch.

Is anyone else waiting until its really 'complete' before wading in ti experiance everything fully? Or like me, as a roleplayer?

It also gives all the mods we know and love time to be added. We have some nice little sex frameworks all shaping up. There are all sorts of improvements. We still don't have any male bodies with none-blocky textures as far as I know, but, we never got that for Fallout 3 or NV either. We also (wonderfully) just got headtracking for the player, which really adds life to screenshots.

I imagine in around the (lets say) year or close it takes to release everything they want, we'll have a lot of stuff to really get into.

I've sort of lost my general 'gaming' zeal these days. I have a literal pile of console games still in their wrappers, and I doubt i'll get to them anytime soon. Only the Bethesda franchises really hold my interest, and even then its because they are massive worlds full of interesting stories (and adult sexy ons too, with mods) just begging the D&D nerd inside me to roleplay in them.

[/quote']

Love your sea analogy. Skyrim is a VAst Ocean but with no Depth.

I feel like the world is actually deader than oblivion.

Archived