The Secret of Cabot House --- Siding with Lorenzo but Emogene is spared

Hi!

I just love the Cabot House quest. Its interesting and very rewarding.  
However, one thing really bothered me, is that whatever you, one side completely dies. (not counting Edward, who is not part of the family and whom you can convince to turn on them, resulting in him being spared)
Most notably, the daughter, Emogene, who reminds me of someone i've lost not long ago. That plays a large part in this, but she's also a very likeable character, in my opinion.

The request would be, in a nutshell, is an edit to the quest that during the final confrontation, so she no longer needs to be killed to be able to finish the quest, and that Lorenzo won't turn hostile to her too.    
It would mean a really big deal for me.

------OR-----------      
Anything i can do in-game via the console that enables her to stay in the house or go back to the Third Rail, and basically do as if nothing happened? Resurrect/remove from factions?

Have you tried manipulating the quest stages while the quest is running?

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Secret_of_Cabot_House

I would think, the way this is laid out, it would be easiest if no one died.  Though an optional way to do this might be to kill Lorenzo in his cell via the radiation.  Then post quest resurrect or spawn a new Lorenzo - but I don't think he will respond with his correct post-quest dialogue if you do this option.

I was thinking that you could take the option to free Lorenzo and play along in the quest until you get Lorenzo and his family back to Cabot house.  A confrontation takes place, where Lorenzo and the family will turn hostile on each other.  The player can choose to get involved in this or watch - I don't believe they will turn hostile on the player, only on each other.

What you might try with console commands is:

Follow on as per normal:

Stage 1200 - Kill or Free Lorenzo:  free him

Stage 1250 - Talk to Jack

Stage 1300 - Return to Cabot house

Stage 1340 - Lorenzo dies in combat before reaching Cabot house (make sure this doesn't happen.  Lorenzo is not essential and can be randomly killed)

Stage 1350 - Talk to Jack - this initiates the confrontation scene that will result in violence

Console command changes begin here:

During the dialogue scene do in console:  'tcai'   (disables combat AI for all npcs)

As soon as the dialogue confrontation scene ends you should be at stage 1450  ('getstage ms09' to verify)   

Then do 'setstage ms09 1600' in console.  This should bypass the combat that would have happened, all are still alive because combat AI is off and they have not attacked one another.

They WILL turn on each other at this point because factions have been altered.   Both Lorenzo and Edward have been added as an enemy of the CrimeCabotHouse faction.  You'll need to correct this before restoring combat AI, or they will start shooting.

Depending on what dialogue choices you made, the player may also be an enemy of either Cabot House or Lorenzo

Faction commands:

Player.addtofaction CrimeCabotHouse 1   (puts player back in Cabot faction, if not in it)

SetAlly LorenzoCabotFaction CrimeCabotHouse   (sets Lorenzo and Cabot factions to friends)

You *SHOULD* be able to talk to both Jack and Lorenzo here, but talking to either will advance the quest to 1600 which will complete the quest. You probably won't be able to get both quest completion dialogue and/or rewards, but everyone should still be alive and quest complete... "siding" with whomever you spoke to first after advancing the quest to 1600.

Once the quest complete dialogue comes up on screen, and factions have been corrected do 'tcai' to turn combat AI back on.  Everyone should be living together nicely after this.  

*NOTE* I haven't tested this.... just looking at the scripts that run the quest.  The point though, is that it sounded like you want to free Lorenzo so that he goes back to Cabot house and everyone lives.  To do that, you'll have to avoid the scripted combat by disabling combat, skipping over that quest stage, altering factions, then complete the quest.

Archived