Wicked Whims Animations Question

I decided today to download the Wicked Whims mod and I had a couple questions about the animations. Sorry if this isn't the right area, for this thread. :confused:

Okay, first when I go to download animations from specific creators on here, and it shows a huge list after I click on "download this file"... I download ALL of the files right? And two, once I have downloaded all of the animations that I want, do I drag them all into the Wicked Whims sub-folder within the Mod folder? Or do they just need to be in the Mods folder?

Sorry if these have been asked a million times, but this is all new to me. Thanks for all the help! :smile:

15 hours ago, rilamoire said:

I decided today to download the Wicked Whims mod and I had a couple questions about the animations. Sorry if this isn't the right area, for this thread. :confused:

Okay, first when I go to download animations from specific creators on here, and it shows a huge list after I click on "download this file"... I download ALL of the files right? And two, once I have downloaded all of the animations that I want, do I drag them all into the Wicked Whims sub-folder within the Mod folder? Or do they just need to be in the Mods folder?

Sorry if these have been asked a million times, but this is all new to me. Thanks for all the help! :smile:

For your first question, it depends on the mod. Some of the mods will specify (like Mike24 IIRC) to only download certain files for certain effect (for rough sex files 1&2, for vanilla sex files 3&4, etc). You'll just have to carefully read each animation/mod post for specific details as to which files you'll need.

Second question, no. You should have a Mod folder for all your mods, with a specific folder just for WW. For example this is how I have mine set up (I'm using Windows 7):

C; Drive >> Users >> Main Account >> My Documents >> Electronic Arts >> The Sims >> Mods >> Wicked Whims

In the mods folder you should have separate folders for animations, clothes, skins, etc. You'll have to be careful not to let the folder system get too deep otherwise the game won't read the packages, but I'm not sure just how many layers before the problem starts. Keep WW in it's own folder (it's far easier when updating) and I'd advise keeping a copy of your mods folder on another drive for if you need to look for gliches later.

Archived