Question about HDT-PE and HDT-SMP

setzuna

I am getting back into skyrim modding and im super confused about these two. When i modded before i used PE and i know how to use that. But i have both LE and SE versions of skyrim and i am going to mod both. I know you should use SMP for SE because PE isn't available for it and it is better. But for the original game idk what to use. I've been googling for a while now and haven't came across a answer. I've never used SMP before so is it compatible with anything hdt? The file structure is different than PE so thats my biggest question. Also are there any presets for it i haven't found any links to presets like there were for PE. IS it compatiable with racemenu i saw someone mention it may not be. And last question if i make a body with bodyslide and enable the hdt will any body preset work with it?

1 hour ago, setzuna said:

I am getting back into skyrim modding and im super confused about these two. When i modded before i used PE and i know how to use that. But i have both LE and SE versions of skyrim and i am going to mod both. I know you should use SMP for SE because PE isn't available for it and it is better. But for the original game idk what to use. I've been googling for a while now and haven't came across a answer. I've never used SMP before so is it compatible with anything hdt? The file structure is different than PE so thats my biggest question. Also are there any presets for it i haven't found any links to presets like there were for PE. IS it compatiable with racemenu i saw someone mention it may not be. And last question if i make a body with bodyslide and enable the hdt will any body preset work with it?

Pretty much anything PE can be made to work with SMP with minor tweaking.  The only real hiccup I've noticed is that some of the XML files from modders have commas as a decimal place, others use a period.  If you have some SMP things that aren't working, could just be you need to open the XML files and switch it out with the other.

Start with prZ's all-in one, and get it working:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/68009-all-in-one-hdtskinnedmeshphysics-setup-20b-fomod/?tab=comments#comment-1701660

If you don't like the default shape, or what a custom bodyshape, you can the bodyslide file in  zarzil's kit (if you don't want the futa stuff, you can just not install it):

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/86240-futa-smp-preconfigured-xmlmeshtexture-pack-now-with-bodyslide/

If you have an HDT PE armor you want to work with SMP:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/89576-10-minutes-or-less-guide-to-making-your-entire-hdt-pe-armor-library-jiggle-with-smp/

1 hour ago, setzuna said:

If you want to go for a playthrough in le I would recommend you to use pe since smp has some memory problems. If you don't care for ctds go for smp since it is way better.

For se go for smp.

14 hours ago, zzyyxx said:

Pretty much anything PE can be made to work with SMP with minor tweaking.  The only real hiccup I've noticed is that some of the XML files from modders have commas as a decimal place, others use a period.  If you have some SMP things that aren't working, could just be you need to open the XML files and switch it out with the other.

Start with prZ's all-in one, and get it working:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/68009-all-in-one-hdtskinnedmeshphysics-setup-20b-fomod/?tab=comments#comment-1701660

If you don't like the default shape, or what a custom bodyshape, you can the bodyslide file in  zarzil's kit (if you don't want the futa stuff, you can just not install it):

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/86240-futa-smp-preconfigured-xmlmeshtexture-pack-now-with-bodyslide/

If you have an HDT PE armor you want to work with SMP:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/89576-10-minutes-or-less-guide-to-making-your-entire-hdt-pe-armor-library-jiggle-with-smp/

Thank you for those links and info. I assume those are for the LE version correct? Or can configs be used for both?

8 hours ago, setzuna said:

Thank you for those links and info. I assume those are for the LE version correct? Or can configs be used for both?

I'm still using LE, enough of the mods I like won't work with SE yet so I haven't bothered moving.  I'm not sure which mods will or won't work with SE, but you'll probably have better luck sticking with LE for now. 

1 hour ago, zzyyxx said:

I'm still using LE, enough of the mods I like won't work with SE yet so I haven't bothered moving.  I'm not sure which mods will or won't work with SE, but you'll probably have better luck sticking with LE for now. 

Yea im starting to get that i wanted the benefits of SE but ive spent 6 hours already on SMP and still cant even get it to work lol. Im starting to think its overly complicated and no one has any presets that work out of the box. At least with Hdt-pe i can get a preset and drop it in and it works. I know you can use them both together so i could do that just for the clothes and not the body physics on LE.

On 6.3.2018 at 10:16 PM, setzuna said:

The XML files will also work with the se smp plugin.

Archived