Attaching a wire...the impossible task :)

Hey guys and dolls,

I'm not sure if or where I should put this but I am at my wits end!!

I just want to attach a wire from a small generatorto the recruitment beacon I have set up in the Starlight Drive-in's parking

lot.  I've watched a ton of videos on this, and tried for...oh about 2 hours to get this to work!  Its sooo frustrating that I am

thinking of just stopping and going back to Skyrim, and deleting this game!

Anyway,  I have my small generator about 5 feet from the generator. (I am using a PC by the way) So, I go into 'Workshop'

mode, and highlight the generator.  It gives me the option to 'attach a wire' by pressing Spacebar.  No problem, but when I

try to attach it to the beacon I cant seem to highlight the beacon. The wire is red and goes right through the beacon. WTF??

Every video I've seen shows the wire getting extended from the generator, the character moves to face the beacon, it

highlights and then the wire is attached (assuming by pressing the Spacebar again).  Whenever I try to do this, I can turn

but I cant move when in 'Workshop' mode, and I cant highlight the beacon to attach it (I do see the 'attach the wire' selection

but it is greyed out.)

Also, I have 600+ hot plates in the workshop for the copper.  

Am I in the wrong mode?  I really dont know whats going wrong!  

Any help would be awesome!

Graham C

P.S. Do I need to put my Load Order up?

Try a mod called Place Anywhere. It removes the workshop's inability to place models when they clip severely, and you can place conduits in thin air.

A good bypass is to place a conduit directly next to the generator, attach a wire to it, then move the conduit to the opposite side of the wall/roof/floor/whatever.

Good luck.

This maybe won't help much.... aside from what @RussianPrince suggested, which would be my first response...  I once had a mod that added settlement decorations.  LOTS of settlement decorations.  It seems that mod, which I can no longer recall the name of, added a series of set pieces that LOOKED like their actual working variations, but where "dumb" in that they were just non-interactive, for visual purposes only.  I was having a similar issue trying to attach a wire to something that in fact had no attach point and could not be powered.

I figured it out an deleted said mod.  The point being, make sure that you are using the correct beacon from the Power category and not from Decorations.

In any case Place Anywhere is pretty much a standard in a lot of our load orders for the simple fact that it removes a lot of restrictions in placing objects, that come with the vanilla game.

21 minutes ago, AWP3RATOR said:

This maybe won't help much.... aside from what @RussianPrince suggested, which would be my first response...  I once had a mod that added settlement decorations.  LOTS of settlement decorations.  It seems that mod, which I can no longer recall the name of, added a series of set pieces that LOOKED like their actual working variations, but where "dumb" in that they were just non-interactive, for visual purposes only.  I was having a similar issue trying to attach a wire to something that in fact had no attach point and could not be powered.

I figured it out an deleted said mod.  The point being, make sure that you are using the correct beacon from the Power category and not from Decorations.

In any case Place Anywhere is pretty much a standard in a lot of our load orders for the simple fact that it removes a lot of restrictions in placing objects, that come with the vanilla game.

It's actually an F4SE plugin.

I'm currently running version 1.8.7 cause Steam updated it once and completely fucked my game (thank Microsoft for System Restore). So some SKSE plugins require 1.10.

But regardless, Place Anywhere is probably your best bet, it even lets you place outside of settlement borders. I'm currently building a power line from Sanctuary to Red Rocket so I don't have to deal with the annoyingly loud generators.

Archived