View File

FNIS Profiles for Mod Organizer (FP4MO: TBONE Work Around)

What is FP4MO?

"FP4MO" is a TBONE batch file fix that saves time and effort by creating a comprehensive FNIS save for that selected profile.

1) Run FNIS_Save.bat after running FNIS.
2) Run FNIS_Restore.bat when switching back to an older profile.

What are FP4MO requirements?

1) Mod Organizer     https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/
2) FNIS Framework   https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11811
3) 7-Zip                  http://www.7-zip.org/
4) Possible Windows 10 Pro version 1709 requirement?

note: Not tested on Windows 7 and 8 systems; XP did not ship with robocopy and script delta's always exist system to system.

How does it work?

FNIS_Save uses "7Z" to zip the current FNIS Meshes/Script folders from the FNIS install folder and "robocopy" to move all the folders/files from the overwrite folder into its own folder; which should be the  profile specific MO folder previously created for storing FNIS generated animations.

FNIS_Restore on the other hand, clears out the FNIS Meshes/Script folders from the FNIS install folder and uses "7z" to restore those folders back to the last saved state. This method deletes any additional files while restoring any deleted/modified files to their correct state for that particular profile.

Logs are also created, but mainly to re-purpose standard output status text into a record of what was actualy saved/restored.

How do you manually install them?

1) Unzip FP4MO.7z. Edit FNIS_Save.bat and FNIS_Restore.bat.

2) Change install paths to the correct folders, both bat files, and save.
  a) set szipPath=<to 7z.exe folder> 
  b) set fnisPAth=<to FNIS.esp folder>
  c) set modsPAth=<to ModOrganizer.exe folder>

3) Put FNIS_Save.bat and FNIS_Restore.bat in every MO created profile folder used for storing FNIS generated animations.

How do you use them?

1) Use MO to "de-select" and "open in explorer" the correct FNIS profile folder for the current MO profile.
2) Run FNIS
3) Double click on the FNIS_Save.bat to save the FNIS state.
4) Close the explorer folder window and Re-select the FNIS profile folder and run "Skyrim".

note 1: Close the MO folder when done, or MO may go WOOPS.
note 2: Remember to always restore after switching back to an older profiles, or TBONE may occur due to data mismatches.
note 3: I prefix MO profile names p1, p2, p3, ... etc, also reorders the MO profile menu next time it comes up.
note 4: I prefix FNIS Generated Output folders, P1, p2, p3, etc.

I have eight profiles and save folders; I prefix them all. MO loads/sorts profile names alphabetically.

MO Profile Name            MO Folder for FNIS Data
============== ===========================
P1[Vanilla Skyrim]    
P2[UNP]                    FNIS GEN p2 UNP
p3[CBBE TBBP]          FNIS GEN p3 CBBE TBBP
p4[HDT Testing]         FNIS GEN p4 HDT Testing
p5[CBBE HDT]           FNIS GEN p5 CBBE HDT
p8[papyrus testing]     FNIS GEN p8 papyrus testing

Lovers Lab animation modules may need to be manually re-registered using their “MCM” menus, especially whenever significant changes are made to the  “FNIS” animations.

Is "FP4MO" safe to use?

I recommend that you acquaint yourself with any strange script; know how and what they do.

I put in a lot of safety checks and a lot of error messages.

I do not believe that the bats in “FP4MO” will hurt anything, even if used incorrectly.

Use at your own risk, but please use a little discretion and common sense. 

Feel free to correct and improve the scripts for Windows 7, 8, and your own system.

Write your own batch scripts or continue to do it manually.

I have only posted these to let people about my solution, that works for me.

Know problems.

1) The scripts may fail if any folder and/or files are in use and open?
2) The scripts may not work because of deltas on other platforms and/or installations?

3) MO likes to WOOPS, if you leave "open to explorer" mod windows open forever.

Alternative Solutions.

You can install multiple copies of FNIS Framework for each profile; Merging the overwrite data into the FNIS Installation Folder itself.

I however,  do not want seven FNIS executves and/or FNIS buttons, ones enough for me.

The FNIS_restore executes a lot faster than FNIS generating a new animation set.

The FNIS_save is a lot faster than me dragging and dropping files or creating a new FNIS mod.

Permissions

I am just posting my solution to the MO TBONE problem.

Anyone wants to do it better please do.

People should be able to batch, although batch is extremely picky.

I used "rem", not "::", because its confuses the batch interpreter. 

I had to use double quotes a lot, path name expansions with certain characters confuse the interpreter. 

I used robocpy with /MOV, not the /MOVE, otherwise it deletes overwrite and I didn't want that.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/02/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    Mod Organizer, FNIS, 7-Zip
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes