In over my head

So i decided to get sims 4 the other day! Really want to make use of the dirty mods on here for that game. Holy crap baskets though. Over $160 for just some of the DLC? Can some of this DLC be replicated with mods? I'm not going to pirate it even though i despise ea. Are any of these pointless? What are your guys opinions on this? I'm a poor student so there is no way i can afford all of this. Saw that Sims 4 was being discounted and that the deluxe edition was like, $30. Had no idea it was this expensive.

Does the sims 3 have better dirty mods? It seams to be more popular with the community. But holy crap, $379 on steam??? I'll never be able to afford that!

edit: I think i posted this in the wrong area...

Spoiler

Capture.thumb.PNG.77be4a1645abd7af7f1d63aa1fc5891f.PNG

30 minutes ago, Lisa Tepes said:

make use of the dirty mods on here for that game.

I have never heard of the adult mods here being referred to as the "dirty mods".  Are you sure you are old enough to even be on this forum?

That being said, Play within your budget.  Decide what you can afford, Find out which mods go with whatever version of the SIMS you have.( Not all Mods require all DLC's)

You do this by reading up on the requirements of the particular mods you want.

Then lastly, get a part time job to help pay for the games and any addons you wish.  That way you are not limited in what you can afford.

6 minutes ago, dharvinia said:

I have never heard of the adult mods here being referred to as the "dirty mods".  Are you sure you are old enough to even be on this forum?

That being said, Play within your budget.  Decide what you can afford, Find out which mods go with whatever version of the SIMS you have.( Not all Mods require all DLC's)

You do this by reading up on the requirements of the particular mods you want.

Then lastly, get a part time job to help pay for the games and any addons you wish.  That way you are not limited in what you can afford.

lol, it's good that you care that people are of the proper age, but I'll be 19 in a couple months.

I usually refer to mods on here as dirty mods or the like. No real reason, just the way i talk... or type in this case. idk.

I have a part time job, but most of it goes to paying my parents back for stuff. Granted i could always work more hours, was just wondering if there was a cheaper solution out there before i opened up my wallet to Electronic Asshats.

I'm used to skyrim and fallout modding where the community has made stuff that is comparable to or completely surpasses the vanilla assets. It's sometimes better to download the free stuff then pay for the dlc. Was wondering if that was the case for the sims 4. From my research it appears that isn't the case. I have mostly seen mods that tweak the game giving you more control over your sim, i haven't really seen anything that adds a large amount of content similar to the DLC.

Guess I'll buy the Deluxe edition. and maybe some day get some of the packs. Guess i should probably check g2a too.

Put it on your wish list and wait for it to go on sale. I know that doesn't sound very appealing, but, you would feel better about it later I think. FNV/FO3 is really cheap and the mods for it are pretty good. The best is TTW which will give you both games and all dlc. That's if you don't mind dated graphics and a soft mod limit around 129 or so. Also 3 or 4 big mods are due for release this year.:classic_smile:

BTW- Being dirty is what makes it fun!

2 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Put it on your wish list and wait for it to go on sale. I know that doesn't sound very appealing, but, you would feel better about it later I think. FNV/FO3 is really cheap and the mods for it are pretty good. The best is TTW which will give you both games and all dlc. That's if you don't mind dated graphics and a soft mod limit around 129 or so. Also 3 or 4 big mods are due for release this year.:classic_smile:

Yeah, the fallout games are good and the mods are fantastic. I haven't been keeping track of the mods for those games as i've moved on to fallout 4. Didn't realize people were still making stuff for them!

the sad thing (for me at least) is the at the sims is currently discounted. the orignial price for all the expansion and game pack dlc is $250. That's excluding the Stuff packs. It's discounted $85 to $164.

21 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Look for the mods you want first and then see what they require. Buy only what you need. Can you get an early BDay present? Can you get a loan somehow?:classic_biggrin:

That's a good idea... i could totally get some of it as a birthday gift. I'm sure the base game and a DLC can keep me tied over till then. So then, which one are you getting me for my birthday? jk, it would be weird if you did.

31 minutes ago, ImmaculateAccuracy said:

Wow, and I thought 70 euros for new Dynasty Warriors was too much...

I love games, but sometimes I have too wonder how I'm supposed to fund my hobby, hahaa!

I know right??? Games are so expensive!

• 2 weeks later...

IDK if this will get deleted by mods for mentioning another website?  But you can get nude mods at sexysims.  If you want mods that will let your sims get -ahem- down and dirty, try the Sims 2 plus the sex bed and nude mods at the same site. 

Archived