A way to change sex without changing appearance?

Okay, so I know it's not necessary in Vanilla, and most mods follow suit--but there are a few mods where the creator made gender-locked choices, like only allowing particular actions with female NPCs.  I'm looking for a way to change the way the game sees the character--so voice, appearance, etc. would remain the exact same, but the game would treat the character as the opposite gender for purposes of gender-locked mods.  

Is this even possible?  If not, fair cop, but I'm curious. 

1 hour ago, Johnstonmr said:

Okay, so I know it's not necessary in Vanilla, and most mods follow suit--but there are a few mods where the creator made gender-locked choices, like only allowing particular actions with female NPCs.  I'm looking for a way to change the way the game sees the character--so voice, appearance, etc. would remain the exact same, but the game would treat the character as the opposite gender for purposes of gender-locked mods.  

Is this even possible?  If not, fair cop, but I'm curious. 

If the mod is looking for Sexlab gender, that is easy enough to swap.  Sexlab Cumshot can do that in its MCM menu, and I believe so can Sexlab Eager NPCs.  The latest version of Sexlab itself may also be able to do that via MCM menu but don't quote me on that one.  Basically the character would act like the opposite gender in Sexlab scenes and be detected as the opposite gender (or a futa ect) by mods that look at Sexlab gender.

If the mod is looking at vanilla gender however, the much easier solution would be to simply try to edit the mod in question to remove the gender detection.  Sometimes you can do this in TES5Edit or the CK, other times you'd probably need to edit scripts.  Vanilla gender is not something you can just swap in-game that easily.

The one way I've read about changing game gender is using a custom race with the same voice and body types for male and female... or potentially something different that looks like a succubus/werewolf/vampire lord shape change.  it does get somewhat complicated and you are better off editing the mod that presents the need for all of this work.

Archived