Ideas on roleplay ideas without main storyline & settlements?

NNS10

Came here to see what people were looking for. Thought maybe some of your wish list style discussions would provide a little inspiration on how to add more RPG elements into RSE.

But sadly no... too much 'my dick is bigger than yours' and 'my opinion is right and yours is wrong'.

Sad.

Now, since it's been a day, I do want to point this out:

RSE: Realistic Salacious Encounters has RPG elements in it. While perhaps not overt, they none-the-less exist within the mod on many different layers.

1. Certain functions may or may not fire due to your SPECIAL stat values.
  2. Certain dialogue options may or may not appear due to your SPECIAL stat values.
  3. Certain actions accrue a taint on your social standing within the gameworld.
  4. When a user defined threshold value of points is met, stalkers will begin to plague your character.
  5. When this threshold is exceed by a set value of points, your social standing is completely tarnished and this is reflected in NPC interactions and by vendor pricing.
  6. To remove your social taint, you must visit the All Faiths Chapel and seek atonement or redemption.

This is just a basic entry into some of my role playing mechanics. But now, RSE has an expansion on the way. It will augment the entire Infamy System to allow for USER CHOICE of how they choose to approach a situation through use of a toggleable hotkey, switching between MORAL and IMMORAL stance. This allows for expansion of the Infamy System and offer greater in depth immersion into the role you wish to play. Will it ultimately affect the MQ? Probably not. BUT it could impact companion affinity - it could lead to companions leaving you and never coming back. It could lead to stiffer consequences within the RSE enhanced game world. So from a basic and broad perspective, RPG elements do exist and are constantly being evolved and developed. This is but one small taste of what the Infamy API can offer. There will of course be other layers to it, as I build it, but at it's base level, it will affect your game on an interaction level, tremendously.

To answer OP original question: NO. The game won't let you, and can only do so much before the game have to totally reworked. To many quest and quest mods tie in to the MQ, and no matter how you play you are still a pre-war parent, a goody-two-shoes, that most people in-world like for little reason. I have tried with all the mods mentioned, but they sadly can't fix the fundemental problems of F4's writing and worldbuilding. There are so many problems story and setting wise that one have to make alot of headcanon just for it to even make sense, and at that point it better to write a novel and move on.

I see no point in trying to RP anything but Nate/Nora in F4 intil one off those big overhaul mods like Seattle comes out.

On 4/17/2018 at 8:20 PM, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Came here to see what people were looking for. Thought maybe some of your wish list style discussions would provide a little inspiration on how to add more RPG elements into RSE.

Well, these wouldn't quite be roleplaying factors necessarily, but in the context of RSE I do have some ideas that would at least make things a bit more dynamic.

FO4 tracks various game statistics such as kills, bottlecaps spent, etc. (you can find the specific ones in the pipboy). It would be interesting to add the following systems to trigger based on those stats:

• Ambush System: When x distance away from a city or settlement, a dozen raiders are created at the nearest spawn marker and attack the player character.
  • Kidnapping System: When sleeping, there is x chance (varying on location) to get kidnapped. The simplest version of this would simply transition it to the Abducted system.
  • Home Invasion System: When at a player home, x chance for a home invasion to occur during the late night hours. Can occur regardless of whether the player character is awake or asleep.
11 minutes ago, nanashi50 said:

Well, these wouldn't quite be roleplaying factors necessarily, but in the context of RSE I do have some ideas that would at least make things a bit more dynamic.

FO4 tracks various game statistics such as kills, bottlecaps spent, etc. (you can find the specific ones in the pipboy). It would be interesting to add the following systems to trigger based on those stats:

• Ambush System: When x distance away from a city or settlement, a dozen raiders are created at the nearest spawn marker and attack the player character.
  • Kidnapping System: When sleeping, there is x chance (varying on location) to get kidnapped. The simplest version of this would simply transition it to the Abducted system.
  • Home Invasion System: When at a player home, x chance for a home invasion to occur during the late night hours. Can occur regardless of whether the player character is awake or asleep.

Ambush System is already in place and functional - within the Nemesis System. But it certainly can be broadened and used as another potential consequence of playing the game in RSE's Ruthless player disposition. I kind of want to have a completely EVIL player have the consequence of being attacked when approaching settlements or DC/GN too. But Im evil like that and want to REALLY make it so the player suffers the consequences of their actions, as I did with the Ghoulism Quest, where the player turns into a playable ghoul and all of Diamond City is completely hostile to the player - so it removes DC from the player. Which was fun. I kind of want to expand on that, but for evil players. But ambushes are totally going to looked at as well.

Kidnapping - kind of exists already too. Tied to the Infamy System and Stalkers. So if youre a bad boy/girl and have a stalker, when you sleep, they might kidnap you and send you off to Monsignor Plaza for the Major Abduction Event featuring Behavior Modification.

Home Invasion, dont have this, per se, but it is an interesting idea. :smile:

I have two weeks away from actual modding to come up with a new consequences matrix for the new infamy system, so I will certainly add these to the list as item to further explore/develop! Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Ambush System is already in place and functional - within the Nemesis System. But it certainly can be broadened and used as another potential consequence of playing the game in RSE's Ruthless player disposition.

Kidnapping - kind of exists already too. Tied to the Infamy System and Stalker. So if youre a bad boy/girl and have a stalker, when you sleep, they might kidnap you and send you off to Monsignor Plaza for the Major Abduction Event featuring Behavior Modification.

If those could be expanded and made to also trigger based on game statistics, that'd be great.

I haven't played the new RSE versions with the Nemesis system, but from the changelogs I read it seems like you have to go through some effort to kick that system off. And if you don't play with companions (or even if you do but don't use a specific companion), you'd miss out on the Nemesis system.

For kidnapping and stalkers, I've never actually seen that happen since I don't play in a way that would make my player character accumulate much sexual infamy. And the one time my character got stalked, it seems the stalker disappeared at some point and player character's infamy points were zeroed again.

If you are opening to broadening when those things happen, it'd be great for roleplaying. One of the main points discussed in this thread (before the arguments started) was how you had to play FO4 in a certain way if you wanted anything to do. RSE kind of has a similar issue as I described above about the Nemesis and Infamy/stalker systems. If there were other ways to trigger things, it would really open up the freedom to experience more of what RSE has to offer. For stalkers, there are probably game statistics and quest stages that could be used as reference for how famous a character is.

4 minutes ago, nanashi50 said:

If those could be expanded and made to also trigger based on game statistics, that'd be great.

I haven't played the new RSE versions with the Nemesis system, but from the changelogs I read it seems like you have to go through some effort to kick that system off. And if you don't play with companions (or even if you do but don't use a specific companion), you'd miss out on the Nemesis system.

For kidnapping and stalkers, I've never actually seen that happen since I don't play in a way that would make my player character accumulate much sexual infamy.

If you are opening to broadening when those things happen, it'd be great for roleplaying. One of the main points discussed in this thread (before the arguments started) was how you had to play FO4 in a certain way if you wanted anything to do. RSE kind of has a similar issue as I described above about the Nemesis and Infamy/stalker systems. If there were other ways to trigger things, it would really open up the freedom to experience more of what RSE has to offer. For stalkers, there are probably game statistics and quest stages that could be used as reference for how famous a character is.

I have a mechanism in place in RSE right now that handles game stats such as murders, assaults, pick pocketing and theft, so adding other vanilla stats would be easy peasy. As it stands now, when you do any of the things that trigger an increase in those values, RSE intercepts it and does things within its own systems. But as you say, right now it is vanilla sex based. In the future this all changes, as I create the matrix of outcomes - it will compare say murders and combat executions and say, hey, this player has 50 murders and 100 executions, so lets label them as a mass murderer and have NPC react to them accordingly. That is the plan at any rate.

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=List_Of_Tracked_Stats

These are the stats I can intercept and do something about... and as I said, right now, as of v3.7.3, I use:

"Pockets Picked"

"Items Stolen"

"Assaults"

"Murders"

Just now, Flashy (JoeR) said:

I have a mechanism in place in RSE right now that handles game stats such as murders, assaults, pick pocketing and theft, so adding other vanilla stats would be easy peasy. As it stands now, when you do any of the things that trigger an increase in those values, RSE intercepts it and does things within its own systems. But as you say, right now it is vanilla sex based. In the future this all changes, as I create the matrix of outcomes - it will compare say murders and combat executions and say, hey, this player has 50 murders and 100 executions, so lets label them as a mass murderer and have NPC react to them accordingly. That is the plan at any rate.

Nice, looking forward to that.

Archived