How far has modding come in 2018?

cornel

Hello everyone,

I suddenly got the urge to continue my modding quest for DOA5LR.

Couple of years ago I wanted to do a TC mod (total conversion) but got stuck because in-game music and stages could not be changed.

Is this still the case or have new modding tools/tutorials been released?

Hi everyone. I suddenly got the urge to continue my modding quest for DOA5LR. Couple of years ago I wanted to do a TC mod (total conversion) but got stuck because in-game music and stages could not be changed. Is this still the case or have new modding tools/tutorials been released? 

as its possible to put xtrem 3 music on it, i guess its possible to change all the music. just need to find the files and change them. i dont think you can properly "add" music on it, but i guess its possible to change the existing music.

as for stage, i see someone working on an total new stage to iplent, soo i guess its possible too. ( cant remember , but it was on deviantart )

Stage and music are possible to swap.

More easy for the sound, you'll need SoundSwapDOA Tool, can be found on FreeStepDodge from memorie.

Be careful with sound swap because this is hard to reverse after edit if you didn't kept a back up.

Regarding stage, well you can still use Autolink to replace the desired stage in your movies, but if you are talking about a whole new stage this is possible too just too long to explain in details how to do that.

Problem with audio is that the INGAME music is in a container that does not (yet) allow extraction, as the dev of the SoundSwap tool explained to me some time ago...

As for the stages, I don't want to change them in the movies, but actually in-game. I have tried, using lnkreshuffle but the game always crashed on me. I could use the tool for swapping costumes, though.

On 09.02.2018 at 6:37 PM, cornel said:

Problem with audio is that the INGAME music is in a container that does not (yet) allow extraction, as the dev of the SoundSwap tool explained to me some time ago...

As for the stages, I don't want to change them in the movies, but actually in-game. I have tried, using lnkreshuffle but the game always crashed on me. I could use the tool for swapping costumes, though.

Specify, please, when exactly? During the fight? In moviess very easy to change stages. Even I can do it, although I'm new to modding. :smile:
What tool do you use, Autolink?
21 hours ago, cornel said:

I use Lnk_reshuffle and Archive tool. As I said, I need to change the stages NOT in the movies but in-game. I'll put this project on ice for another year. See if by then things have changed... Thank you all for your input.

:smile:

Wait, I do not understand. Any can choose a stage immediately after selecting the characters. Do not you have it?

Archived