Begging for support, PC FO4 Shadows Glitching,

toxsickcity

Begging for support, PC FO4 Shadows Glitching,

As seen in the video my shadows act really stupid and I have tried so many fixes and this one has me bent over a barrel! :frown:

anyone know of a fix to try?

apart from that the game runs flawlessly.

I have tried resetting INIS,
Starting new game
shadow fix mods.

disabled all mods

sys spec, gtx 1080ti, i5 8600K, 16GB ddr4 3000, blah blah

Installed Mods..
Game has just had the files verified. after FRESHLY REINSTALLING ENTIRE GAME.. 88GB worth!

ALL DLC
DLC Ultra High Res
Armor Keywords
armorsmith extended
armorsmith all dlc
azar ponytails
enhancedlighsandfx
flaconoilHD textures
vivid fallout all in one
CBBE

https://youtu.be/4VaYGQ3g3GM

It may be something from ELFX...  possibly a cube map issue..  If you are using a mod manager, simply disabling the mod will not resolve the issue.   You would need to uninstall it completely to make sure files that override textures are gone as well.    If you are using mod organizer, just unclick the mod on the left panel.

If you are not using a mod manager, make sure nothing was left behind in your texture folder in your FO4 data directory.

You can try to alleviate the issue with other mods like this  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3977/

Or try using a performance based ENB preset and see if someone has a setup that can resolve your lighting issues.

Also make sure you have the proper settings from your lighting mods, for example ELFX requires the following ini settings to be ENABLED in your fallout4custom.ini

[Archive]
          bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
          sResourceDataDirsFinal=

[General]
          sStartingConsoleCommand=cl rim 0.0005

You can also try tuning adjustments in your GFX setup like FXAA or TAA to see if one works better.   Or you can try using your hardware override functions to take over some of the post processing.

Of course you should go with AWP3RATORs advice first.  Start with a baseline and move your way up through the mods.

The reflection glitch with the street water puddles during rain is a well documented vanilla bug, and there's no real fix for that AFAIK. Wetness Shader Fix could help a bit to make wet effects look less weird in general.

ENB does generally not fix it either, but will greatly improve everything else.

Don't know about the other problem where some textures seem to pop in and out (in front of the puddle at around 0:10 in your video).

Perhaps you are missing some INI settings, since it's a Bethesda game you have to tweak some stuff to avoid the worst glitches.

Unfortunately the only thing I can recommend here is a silly workaround that could work for that specific problem shown in your video:

No More Fake Puddles, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17850

...and I'm not saying the mod is silly, I'm saying sweeping the problem under the rug rather than fixing the underlying problem is silly; but perhaps it's the more reasonable option in this case? :tongue:

Archived