How to swap costumes?

burningvigor

8 hours ago, burningvigor said:

I want to make Marie Rose costume 2 to fit onto Kasumi.  Is that difficult to do?

Download Archiver + AutoLink, extract TMC/TMCL files from characterscommon file, put them to the correct AutoLink folder, see if it's ok or not - may require transformations of face, neck, a bit of texture-editing. Sometimes you do nothing, sometimes you have to fix a few smaller details with Character Transformer tool or manually. Only the last requires skills - the rest is based only on reading but you know - it is some kind of skill too :-P

Basically - you need to learn how to use AutoLink, Archiver and CharacterTransformer with potential additions - for necks etc. You may want to edit the whole costume for a different body in your case or just leave it like this small body of Marie (if she's the one I think she is). It requires more work but hmm... CharacterTransformer may be able to do it for you too with one click - I don't know, never tried.

On 29.01.2018 at 2:37 PM, sphiratrioth666 said:

Download Archiver + AutoLink, extract TMC/TMCL files from characterscommon file, put them to the correct AutoLink folder, see if it's ok or not - may require transformations of face, neck, a bit of texture-editing. Sometimes you do nothing, sometimes you have to fix a few smaller details with Character Transformer tool or manually. Only the last requires skills - the rest is based only on reading but you know - it is some kind of skill too :-P

Basically - you need to learn how to use AutoLink, Archiver and CharacterTransformer with potential additions - for necks etc. You may want to edit the whole costume for a different body in your case or just leave it like this small body of Marie (if she's the one I think she is). It requires more work but hmm... CharacterTransformer may be able to do it for you too with one click - I don't know, never tried.

With the female characters, I understand everything. Is there any tool to swap a suit between the male characters? Is it difficult to do?

1 hour ago, 870905 said:

With the female characters, I understand everything. Is there any tool to swap a suit between the male characters? Is it difficult to do?

It is just the same. There're some problems with neck/complexion so you have to fix them, sometimes the costume covers the neck... Basically, there's no difference between males and females. Why should be any? xD

1 hour ago, sphiratrioth666 said:

It is just the same. There're some problems with neck/complexion so you have to fix them, sometimes the costume covers the neck... Basically, there's no difference between males and females. Why should be any? xD

9 minutes ago, Squizzo said:

You can use Timmyc's character transformer tool to easily swap outfits onto different characters - https://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-update121517-converter-v052-transformer-v036-misaki-support/?page=1

But in Timmyc's character transformer there are no male characters, this is the main problem.
3 hours ago, sphiratrioth666 said:

There's still the bone tool with source files, right?

And what is this? Is this the name of the program?
With her help, you can transform the outfit of one male character for another?
If I want to turn the Viking costume of Bass into the same costume for Mai, what should I do?
17 hours ago, sphiratrioth666 said:

You can transform a few things in outfit to solve problems but it won't become the female version just like that. If you want this, then you need to create your own outfit based on the original one but as a normal, fully made mod.

And with what program should I start? LR Photostudio or Object Tools?
Many thanks to you for the answers! :smile:
13 hours ago, sphiratrioth666 said:

Yeah, editting requires OBJ files in most cases. Not the simplest edits - this is possible with a few apps already available but still - full editting requires obj :-P

It's bad that here is no tutorial on working with Blender. At least I have not seen him here yet. :frown:

Without tutorial it will be difficult to understand, this is a big program.

Archived