[HELP] two questions regarding CK

Currently I'm working on a mod and have two questions:

1: I want to create a perk that gives the PC +50 Health, +50 stamina, and +50 magicka. I am unsure what is the best way to do this.

2: From a gameplay perspective, is magic resistance and elemental resistances the same? and would it be redundant to add a perk that includes both.

This is my first mod I might actually finish, and these are the only things I couldn't figure out.

Thanks in advance.

1. Create an ability spell that has three magic effects of type value modifier, with associated items health, stamina, and magicka respectively. The magnitude would be 50. You need to check the "Recover" flag and probably should check the "Hide in UI" flag as well. You can then make a perk that applies the ability spell to the player (or you can just add the spell to the player directly - depends on what exactly you wanna do.)

2. Which resistance applies to a magic effect is determined by its "Resist Value" found in the magic effect dialog.

Check this out: Magic Effects CK wiki page

10 hours ago, Teutonic said:

1. Create an ability spell that has three magic effects of type value modifier, with associated items health, stamina, and magicka respectively. The magnitude would be 50. You need to check the "Recover" flag and probably should check the "Hide in UI" flag as well. You can then make a perk that applies the ability spell to the player (or you can just add the spell to the player directly - depends on what exactly you wanna do.)

2. Which resistance applies to a magic effect is determined by its "Resist Value" found in the magic effect dialog.

Check this out: Magic Effects CK wiki page

Thanks for your reply.

1: I've got this done, but notised that there are several fortify health/stamina/magicka abilities in the base game. Are they all the same script wise, or are some lighter than others?

2: So having frost resist and magic resist are two different things, thanks.

(note to moderators: I'm still working on the mod and will post any other questions I have here, don't lock this thread yet.)

Archived