Skyrim SE Citrus Head Mesh conversion tutorial

Wolfdie

Could a mod please change my Username to "Pfuscher", I just wanted to make a quick account years ago and didn't think about the username.

Did this half a year ago and my main character is happily looking high poly.

Does this work for npcs, too? If so what did I do wrong?

• 1 month later...

Meanwhile I got Citrus Heads working on a custom race as well, thanks to the now working "face part" slider (in german "Gesichtsteile" which sounds strange... ).

The mod is called "The ancient falmer" and is just a snow elf: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16854?tab=posts

Pointed to discussion as I wrote there how I integrated it into the game. To get sliders working I modified racemenu.ini in the facegenmorphs\racemenu.esp folder.

With the old mesh several of the sliders were not working (probably related to morph files, however this looks quite complex to modify - thus I just use a different face part).

(Regarding textures I recommend Mature Skin, Fair Skin Complexion or a mix of those; patch for EEO may be needed for skin color).

For me the drawback of the approach is that the face needs to modified so it looks similar to the old one.

Update: I found another High Poly mod (not on Nexus) which does not support beast races but has better compatibility with low poly / vanilla heads. I was lucky with my preset that works really well with it (after changing "face parts"). I have not tried out if both can be used in an installation.

Archived