(BodySlide) Mass Export New Sliders?

Two different issues here:

1. Outfit Batch Building - lots of guides on this around the web and on the BodySlide mod wiki.
    1. Within BodySlide, once you have selected a Body and Preset and you wish to apply to the outfits in your game, click the 'Batch Build...' button
    2. Select the group and/or outfits you'd like to apply the preset to, click Build
    3. In Choose output set - you will see choices if you have multiple files that could update the same record - like the body (most common) or specific outfits.  Make appropriate choices for your preferences and click OK
    4. When complete, you will get a notfiication
    5. If using Mod Organizer, remember to move the files from the Overwrite folder to a mod - this especially needed if the "build morphs" box was ticked
  2. Add new sliders to existing presets...
    1. Checking docs.... will be back soon ;)

Edit - I was just reviewing how this was done for the CBBEVagina mod from this site.  Looks like after the Project was created and nif and ops files were exported, a shape data file was created - where the target was CBBE2.  In BS, when this new Oufit/Body is selected any/all presets that use CBBE2 show up and the new vagina sliders are present.  In your case for AB - you'll want to point your target to the AB target is, I believe it is AtomicB - but not 100% sure. 

Set up the same system, and your new sliders should show up automatically in any AB preset, when using your new base body template.

4 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

Two different issues here:

1. Outfit Batch Building - lots of guides on this around the web and on the BodySlide mod wiki.
    1. Within BodySlide, once you have selected a Body and Preset and you wish to apply to the outfits in your game, click the 'Batch Build...' button
    2. Select the group and/or outfits you'd like to apply the preset to, click Build
    3. In Choose output set - you will see choices if you have multiple files that could update the same record - like the body (most common) or specific outfits.  Make appropriate choices for your preferences and click OK
    4. When complete, you will get a notfiication
    5. If using Mod Organizer, remember to move the files from the Overwrite folder to a mod - this especially needed if the "build morphs" box was ticked
  2. Add new sliders to existing presets...
    1. Checking docs.... will be back soon ;)

Edit - I was just reviewing how this was done for the CBBEVagina mod from this site.  Looks like after the Project was created and nif and ops files were exported, a shape data file was created - where the target was CBBE2.  In BS, when this new Oufit/Body is selected any/all presets that use CBBE2 show up and the new vagina sliders are present.  In your case for AB - you'll want to point your target to the AB target is, I believe it is AtomicB - but not 100% sure. 

Set up the same system, and your new sliders should show up automatically in any AB preset, when using your new base body template.

Batching is entirely unlike what either of us are trying to do. For both new and rebuild sliders, each outfit has to be loaded in outfit studio and conformed to the reference. Nothing in the docs gives a way to do that for a large number of outfits in an automated way. It's entirely manual.

So what both of us are trying to do is basically to automate that whole "export nif and ops" thing instead of having to manually load every outfit, do a conform all sliders, then save out the project. In my case, I'd have to do it at least 200-300 times. It's possible, but it'll take weeks.

1 hour ago, foreveraloneguy said:

Batching is entirely unlike what either of us are trying to do. For both new and rebuild sliders, each outfit has to be loaded in outfit studio and conformed to the reference. Nothing in the docs gives a way to do that for a large number of outfits in an automated way. It's entirely manual.

So what both of us are trying to do is basically to automate that whole "export nif and ops" thing instead of having to manually load every outfit, do a conform all sliders, then save out the project. In my case, I'd have to do it at least 200-300 times. It's possible, but it'll take weeks.

Oh, apologies I misread that.  I'm not aware of anything to do that en masse - but I'm not a BS expert.  I use it to modify files from time to time, add weights, do one-off reference conversions, but nothing on the scale you're after.  You have any luck inquiring from Ousnius?

Now that you mention it, I think TIME2RANCHITUP is trying to do is far more straightforward and should be relatively easy to pull off - with just a few simple edits to his presets, pointing at the new reference.  For yours... you're right, you'd need to find a way to mass edit the 100's of meshes to add your new sliders, all in one go.

12 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

Oh, apologies I misread that.  I'm not aware of anything to do that en masse - but I'm not a BS expert.  I use it to modify files from time to time, add weights, do one-off reference conversions, but nothing on the scale you're after.  You have any luck inquiring from Ousnius?

Now that you mention it, I think TIME2RANCHITUP is trying to do is far more straightforward and should be relatively easy to pull off - with just a few simple edits to his presets, pointing at the new reference.  For yours... you're right, you'd need to find a way to mass edit the 100's of meshes to add your new sliders, all in one go.

No problem, and no need to apologize. Though if I came across as angry or condescending, that wasn't my intention and in that case it would be me that owes you an apology. I just wanted to make it absolutely clear what I'm trying to do.

As far as what TIME is trying to do, it's actually more similar to what I'm doing than it seems. If you tweak a slider, it will affect the body, but not the outfit, until you run it through the conform step. Same for adding new sliders. I've done both and tested each, and that was my result. Or at least that's how it works in the skyrim version of bodyslide files.

Archived