20 hours ago, Stiffon said:

OK, the new update still results in floating head until merging ThisTimeIBeAGoodGirlSir's patch then all is good.

After recruiting, EFF does not integrate (no radial menu or control).  I have shifted priorities for EFF etc and no change.  I can force recruit her via EFF, however, that breaks the 'wait here' package, which means she follows no matter what.

Maire Rose.jpg

(o_O) I have no idea. I've been using her with EFF and she works alright. Do you have the latest version of EFF? Perhaps you need to load to a save prior to meeting her or start a clean one?

1 hour ago, ~Sugoirim~ said:

(o_O) I have no idea. I've been using her with EFF and she works alright. Do you have the latest version of EFF? Perhaps you need to load to a save prior to meeting her or start a clean one?

Have the latest EFF plus patches.  Have not tried a new game, but unless discovering Jorvasskr is an issue I don't see how it could affect her?  Also think I have to mention not had this EFF issue until very recently - first with Pink https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/88696

and now with Marie Rose - same issue - no EFF dialogue wheel unless force recruiting.

15 hours ago, Stiffon said:

Have the latest EFF plus patches.  Have not tried a new game, but unless discovering Jorvasskr is an issue I don't see how it could affect her?  Also think I have to mention not had this EFF issue until very recently - first with Pink https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/88696

and now with Marie Rose - same issue - no EFF dialogue wheel unless force recruiting.

That's weird. So do neither of the wait commands work? Either talking to her or using the command from the EFF wheel?

4 minutes ago, ~Sugoirim~ said:

That's weird. So do neither of the wait commands work? Either talking to her or using the command from the EFF wheel?

Nope.  Only get the wheel if I force recruit her.  If I recruit her via dialogue as normal, the wheel never appears - just the dialogue.  Using EFF to force recruit allows the wheel to appear, but the wait command doesn't work.  Haven't tried dismissing her yet to see if I can do that and re-recruit - will try that later when I can get in game.

Edit - reason I want EFF working is to allow outfit control etc.

1 hour ago, Stiffon said:

Nope.  Only get the wheel if I force recruit her.  If I recruit her via dialogue as normal, the wheel never appears - just the dialogue.  Using EFF to force recruit allows the wheel to appear, but the wait command doesn't work.  Haven't tried dismissing her yet to see if I can do that and re-recruit - will try that later when I can get in game.

Edit - reason I want EFF working is to allow outfit control etc.

Have you tried putting Marie Rose at a higher priority than EFF?

1 hour ago, ~Sugoirim~ said:

I've actually had the same issue with the wheel, and not only with Marie Rose.
I understand.

I can't seem to find any forums on making custom-voiced followers compatible with EFF.

Yes, It's happened to me before but not in an age!  Until as I mentioned Pink above - exact same issue.  Only installed a couple days before MR.  Next step is to test in a new game when I can find the time!

35 minutes ago, Stiffon said:

Yes, It's happened to me before but not in an age!  Until as I mentioned Pink above - exact same issue.  Only installed a couple days before MR.  Next step is to test in a new game when I can find the time!

uhmmm i wonder if the problem is caused by the voice type?? i had a similar problem a while back and in my case it was due to the voice type (sassy teens),

and i use AFT not EFF.

3 hours ago, valcon767 said:

uhmmm i wonder if the problem is caused by the voice type?? i had a similar problem a while back and in my case it was due to the voice type (sassy teens),

and i use AFT not EFF.

You could be on to something there.  I have the Sassy Teen Girls mod and they do indeed exhibit this behavior too.  I had not thought about it as I never recruit them as followers!

OK, changed voice type in CK.  Still no EFF dialogue wheel unless I force recruit her.  Once force recruited, I can make her wait/dismiss etc via the wheel but not via dialogue.  Using the 'fix' option in EFF does not change this.  After I dismiss her (via the wheel), she can be re-recruited, but again no dialogue wheel.

I can access her inventory, however, upon removing her armor she goes back to floating head - which means no body mesh/texture/path??  I'll have a look in the files.  The screenie is after doing all the above before removing her armor.

Edit - there appears to be a body 0 but not a body 1 in the meshes folder - I don't know if that is the body problem, but I do know that every other follower has both 0 and 1 in meshes.

Edit 2 - fixed the body by copying the meshes from the sassy teen customizer found here on LL - now taking the armor away leaves her in her birthday suit!  Just need to solve my problem with EFF now.

MR floating.jpg

9 hours ago, Stiffon said:

Yup.  I use MO.  Have tried with EFF higher and lower.  Will have to try on a new game, just don't currently have the time to start one just yet!

In mod organizer you would need to put this mod lower in the left side installation order profile box but this would over write the EFF conversation of the same type defeating EFF. I have the same problem. The work around for most custom npc mods is to have a seperate conversation topic that chains for the clothing control, idles, and specific conversations with that npc. That way they do not interfere with the generic npc clothing and conversation topics.

10 hours ago, ~Sugoirim~ said:

Have you tried putting Marie Rose at a higher priority than EFF?

See my above comment  you need to make a separate conversation topic for this npc that does not use the generic conversation. This is the way most custom and voiced npc mods get around this. I have the same problem with immersive AFF. Look at the Holo/Sofia mod on this site and nexus.

6 hours ago, BigOnes69 said:

In mod organizer you would need to put this mod lower in the left side installation order profile box but this would over write the EFF conversation of the same type defeating EFF. I have the same problem. The work around for most custom npc mods is to have a seperate conversation topic that chains for the clothing control, idles, and specific conversations with that npc. That way they do not interfere with the generic npc clothing and conversation topics.

This I cannot believe is the root of the issue.  I have many custom npc mods and they all work fine with EFF (save for the 3 listed so far).  There must be something else afoot!

41 minutes ago, ThisTimeIBeAGoodGirlSir said:

If you want to use weight slider you must add _0 and _1 .nif', for the body (hands, feet) and all outfits, if for some reason you do not want to use weight slider, you need to deselect this option in the plugin (esp)

Would that be responsible for the body disappearing on removal of the armor?  Sorry for the stupid question!

On 1/7/2018 at 6:08 AM, BigOnes69 said:

See my above comment  you need to make a separate conversation topic for this npc that does not use the generic conversation. This is the way most custom and voiced npc mods get around this. I have the same problem with immersive AFF. Look at the Holo/Sofia mod on this site and nexus.

Alright. Whenever I'm feeling inspired about this mod again, I'll try to see if I can fix it like that. Have been a little burnt out.

On 1/7/2018 at 6:08 AM, BigOnes69 said:

Okie. So sorry, but what should I be looking at when dealing with the Sofia mod? Is there a tutorial or something somewhere or are you saying download the mod and check out the .esp? O.O Thanks for the help.

14 hours ago, ~Sugoirim~ said:

Okie. So sorry, but what should I be looking at when dealing with the Sofia mod? Is there a tutorial or something somewhere or are you saying download the mod and check out the .esp? O.O Thanks for the help.

I have that and several other mods that do work with the various npc control mods such as AFF, EFF etc.. I was just using it as an example so that you could look at the way the mod was setup. A lot of the npc mods are set up to allow the generic npc conversations to control the generic conversations such as inventory and have separate threads for quest and immersion, but your mod looks like it uses multiple clothing so this would not work. The current follower mods that I have that work well are Misty Sky, Diana Pureblood Vampire, Akemi 2b, and Rias High School DXD is my favorite. They all have their quirks and bugs but work well with the controller mods.

7 hours ago, BigOnes69 said:

I have that and several other mods that do work with the various npc control mods such as AFF, EFF etc.. I was just using it as an example so that you could look at the way the mod was setup. A lot of the npc mods are set up to allow the generic npc conversations to control the generic conversations such as inventory and have separate threads for quest and immersion, but your mod looks like it uses multiple clothing so this would not work. The current follower mods that I have that work well are Misty Sky, Diana Pureblood Vampire, Akemi 2b, and Rias High School DXD is my favorite. They all have their quirks and bugs but work well with the controller mods.

Alright. I actually started trying to get all of Marie Rose's follower dialogue into her own quests with the same conditions and scripts and deleted the ones from the generic quests, but it made her dialogue pretty messed up for me so far. I'll take a look at some custom-voiced followers, including Diana, for some enlightenment, hopefully. XP X3

5 hours ago, ~Sugoirim~ said:

Alright. I actually started trying to get all of Marie Rose's follower dialogue into her own quests with the same conditions and scripts and deleted the ones from the generic quests, but it made her dialogue pretty messed up for me so far. I'll take a look at some custom-voiced followers, including Diana, for some enlightenment, hopefully. XP X3

So, guys, is it only her wait dialogue that is messed up, or pretty much all of her follower functions? I've been trying different things today with no luck at getting a functional set of dialogue with Marie Rose that works with EFF. (OnO)

Just now, swmas said:

Eff doesn't work with custom voice followers it says so even in the description, I'm pretty sure the Sassy Teen Dwemer Automaton which uses the teen voice worked for me at some point I'll go check when I have the time and get back.

Ah. Okay. Didn't realize that. So I guess there's no point in re-doing her dialogue then. Thanks for letting me know.
I've only found tutorials for custom voiced followers that edit Skyrim quests and add an extra quest for "idles" and such, so I don't know what else to do. However, I can make her default outfit normal clothing without an armor bonus so you can easily switch her outfit.

3 minutes ago, ~Sugoirim~ said:

Ah. Okay. Didn't realize that. So I guess there's no point in re-doing her dialogue then. Thanks for letting me know.
I've only found tutorials for custom voiced followers that edit Skyrim quests and add an extra quest for "idles" and such, so I don't know what else to do. However, I can make her default outfit normal clothing without an armor bonus so you can easily switch her outfit.

The outfit switching is no problem there are tons of mods that do that (I use Manipulator for that)