Ok, so, when I found out about the wolves of Far Harbor, the little nature nerd in me was excited. I knew they were, obviously, going to be mutated or strange-looking, but... Eh... They don't even remotely resemble wolves. They look like hyenas with varying coat color, and that squicks me out a little. I know this is kind of dumb, but I've been trying to edit the nifs myself (I can't even import the damn nif into blender, even with my plugins! I tried exporting the nif as an obj but i couldn't import it back in nifskope, or export it in blender as a nif) but no cigar. Could someone please make these edits? I would be more than happy to commission you for the work, too. Below are my ideas. 

I'm not trying to make a ~cutesy fluffy wolfy pup~ or anything. I just wanted to change a few things that were bothering me.

wolf1.png

wolf1edit.png

wolf2.png

wolf2edit.png

Not sure if this will work or not. Load nif into outfit studios then highlight all body parts and export out in .OBJ format. Load .OBJ's into blender and tweak them once done delete the body out of the nif and then export them back into the nif in outfit studios this way the wolf will keep the size of the original wolf body. Export the mesh out. Then find what you need to re add all of the stuff that the original body had. 

18 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

Not sure if this will work or not. Load nif into outfit studios then highlight all body parts and export out in .OBJ format. Load .OBJ's into blender and tweak them once done delete the body out of the nif and then export them back into the nif in outfit studios this way the wolf will keep the size of the original wolf body. Export the mesh out. Then find what you need to re add all of the stuff that the original body had. 

I tried :frown: This is what I got.

https://i.snag.gy/wY5K8R.jpg

Export 1 piece out of blender at a time outfit studios can't handle more then one piece in the exported .OBJ file for some reason they will always blow up if you export with more then 1 piece in the .OBJ file.

So just highlighted all parts but 1 and hit delete then export undo delete and delete the one you exported and then highlight all but one again and delete and export and repeat this till all parts have been exported out.

29 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

Export 1 piece out of blender at a time outfit studios can't handle more then one piece in the exported .OBJ file for some reason they will always blow up if you export with more then 1 piece in the .OBJ file.

So just highlighted all parts but 1 and hit delete then export undo delete and delete the one you exported and then highlight all but one again and delete and export and repeat this till all parts have been exported out.

Ok, I just tried this and got the same result. If I send you my edited files, can you show me what exactly I did wrong?

Must be fallout 4's outfit studios as both files look fine to me.

Spoiler

Untitled.png

wolf file skyrim outfit studios.nif

You might be able to use this site. http://www.greentoken.de/onlineconv/ Drag the .OBJ files to the add file box and upload them once they are uploaded hit next and try to export them in .OBJ format and see if the new ones are better if not you'll have to figure out how to export the wolf nif to fallout 4.  Sometimes a bad .OBJ can be fixed this way.

Archived