Crashes Galore!

So, I'm not new to the forum. I've been around a good amount of time, and if I had a problem, I would either solve it myself, find an answer somewhere on the forum, or ask for myself. Any way I went about doing this the problem was always fixed, until now. I just installed the new Sexout update (plus a ton of other plugins), and my game crashed. So, I did what any sensible person would do and I started to deactivate my mods. I couldn't pinpoint the one with the problem, so I just deactivated all of them and re-activated them. After beginning the re-activation, I quickly discovered that it was my Sexout that was causing this. So, I uninstalled it and re-installed it, and started up my game. To my dismay, the game crashed again. I have all the NVSE Extenders, and the only lead I have is that Data and Core files are different versions, when I tried to install the Data file (version 1.2.13) it said I can update it to version 2.5.70 if I so wished. So, naturally, I did, then when I installed the Core file (version 2.5.70), it said I could update to version 1.2.13 if I so wished. So, I did. What really confused me was that if I said yes to both of the update prompts, the installation of the second one I did (in this case the Core file) would deactivate the first one (the Data file) I only have Sexout and SmallerTalk running, and yes, I've disabled both and tried: SmallerTalk works alone but Sexout doesn't work either way. It crashes immediately after loading a saved game. Please help!

Are you using NMM to install mods? NMM has trouble with numbers. Seriously, it likes to say stuff like "You're using version 2.0, but the latest available version is 2.0. Would you like to upgrade?"

Post your load order, please. And just checking, but when you say "all the NVSE Extenders" you are referring to both the NVSE Extender and prideslayer's custom version of NVSE?

I don't know what you did, but whatever it is, you did it wrong. The CORE and DATA fomod files are completely different things. You need both, and installing one does not deactivate or uninstall the other. Delete them, uninstall them, and download them both again.

Get the full "PLUS" download of the extender as well and manually install that.

Are you using NMM to install mods? NMM has trouble with numbers. Seriously' date=' it likes to say stuff like "You're using version 2.0, but the latest available version is 2.0. Would you like to upgrade?"

Post your load order, please. And just checking, but when you say "all the NVSE Extenders" you are referring to both the NVSE Extender and prideslayer's custom version of NVSE?

[/quote']

Yes, I was originally using NMM, but then I used FOMM.

My load order is so simple, it really doesn't need posting, but:

FalloutNV.esm

DeadMoney.esm

HonestHearts.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

Sexout.esm

SmallerTalk.esp

And no, I'm not quite sure that I am referring to prideslayer's custom version of NVSE, but I do have the extender.

I don't know what you did' date=' but whatever it is, you did it wrong. The CORE and DATA fomod files are completely different things. You need both, and installing one does not deactivate or uninstall the other. Delete them, uninstall them, and download them both again.

Get the full "PLUS" download of the extender as well and manually install that.

[/quote']

I'm very confident that I did something wrong, and I thank you for pointing it out. I would love to fix it, but everything you're telling me I've already done three times over.

But the full "PLUS" download is new to me, so I will get that.

Edit: So I broke down and manually installed everything. The new NVSE, the DATA and CORE files, etc. Anyway, it worked, and I thank you both for your help fixing my relatively easily solved problem. Thanks!

Archived